The online racing simulator
Setupfield 2.0
(14 posts, started )
Setupfield 2.0
Dear fellow LFS-ers!

Some of you might have already noticed that setupfield has changed and apart from making it compatible with the new patch (new setup naming format) and adding the new Formula car to the setups list, YOU can now upload your setups. No need to get a WR, if you think your set is decent enough or it is a good drift or drag set, just go to our site click 'my setups' and browse for the set you want to share. Click upload, select the car and the track and there you go.

If you want to describe your set, click 'comment the setup', choose the type and add your words to the set.

No need to register either. So come on everyone, go to http://teaminferno.hu click on my setups and start sharing your sets to show how giving the LFS community really is.

Any feedback or improvement suggestions are welcome.
cheers

Team Inferno
Nice one!

Aren't you a little concerned about the quality of setups that might be uploaded?
Thank you!
we will see how things go, concern was always there, but this has been a request for a long time, so it was really the only viable option as a next step for setupfield.

We hope to see a lot of new setups, some people will still go for the fastest setups, some have avoided us for the exact reason that there was nothing else but WR setups. Now both will (hopefully) find the right setups.
Great
Thanks for the update,
Hoped you would get round to it, nice surprise to have it before Patch Y is out.
Am always referring people to Team Inferno.
Should make it a short-cut key.
Thanks for exciting news. I was expecting this with the new patch. :boing:
Thanks! I always hoped that setupfield would store setups for the non-aliens.

Perhaps it's good to categorize the setups, so that you won't download setups that you can't use. For example:
  • Drift
  • Cruise
  • Short race
  • Long race
  • Hotlap (WR)
And it would be nice if there was an indication of the controller. Mouse and keyboard drivers have different needs.
we will definately think about that. Lets see what the future brings
Is it possible to limit the number of setups per day? Nyze is posting 100s on setups at the moment, and most of them sucks...
Quote from Riders Motion :Is it possible to limit the number of setups per day? Nyze is posting 100s on setups at the moment, and most of them sucks...

he has posted 6 in total, and none in 5 days, I would hardly call that 100s. If they suck, you are free to post better ones!

Them being drift sets most people can hardly judge their quality (I can't for sure, as I don't drift). As long as it remains reasonable and we don't see a guy spamming setups we will not limit the setup upload in any way.
Quote from wsinda :Thanks! I always hoped that setupfield would store setups for the non-aliens.

Perhaps it's good to categorize the setups, so that you won't download setups that you can't use. For example:
  • Drift
  • Cruise
  • Short race
  • Long race
  • Hotlap (WR)
And it would be nice if there was an indication of the controller. Mouse and keyboard drivers have different needs.

Agreed.

Definitely love to see, at a minimum, a different section for qf/short race and longer races.
Quote from Gougoodthing :Agreed.

Definitely love to see, at a minimum, a different section for qf/short race and longer races.

you guys are aware that you can enter race, drift, etc into the search field and get a list of setups that were uploaded for the appropriate category?

Until the categories are implemented, this is the best workaround.
I think a rating system would solve the bad setup problem. An in the and of the month you could automatically delete all the bad setups.
Only just saw this, thanks for the site, its awesome when you need a good set in a hurry
Quote from gui25rj :I think a rating system would solve the bad setup problem. An in the and of the month you could automatically delete all the bad setups.

Thats a very good idea. I could add that we could add a "Top 10 Setups" site and a Commentary function for the setups.

We will definately keep this in mind, i will forward this to our chief coder Gergo. Thanks for all of your ideas we'll keep our arms opened for such good ideas.

Setupfield 2.0
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG