The online racing simulator
Driving in pits-garage
(10 posts, started )
Driving in pits-garage
Hey,

Normally when you end a race, you just press escape and you go to the garage. In real life, offcourse, you need to drive ot the pitbox.

Now, I don't want to "ban" the escape and go to garage option, but I think it would be cool if you could just drive to the pitbox, stop in the pitbox and automatically go to the pits where you can edit your settings and so on.
i do like this idea and think it would go well with each person having an idervidual pit stop area if you know what i mean, even to repair certain types of damage you have to pull into your pit garage, on enduro races, so have an option so that if it is set to no it repairs damage or does nothing, and if yes goes to the pit window
+1
I like this suggestion a lot! And I hate those after the finish line pile ups.

It could be kind of like the park ferme(sp?) after a RL race. If you don't go to the pits you are DQd.
Even the new AI can do this so why not the people racers.

Or maybe if you didn't go to the pits after the race. You would start the next race as is. No tyre change, no refueling, no damage fixed etc.

I'm beginning to like this idea even more!
Quote from March Hare :+1
I like this suggestion a lot! And I hate those after the finish line pile ups.

It could be kind of like the park ferme(sp?) after a RL race. If you don't go to the pits you are DQd.
Even the new AI can do this so why not the people racers.

Or maybe if you didn't go to the pits after the race. You would start the next race as is. No tyre change, no refueling, no damage fixed etc.

I'm beginning to like this idea even more!

Yeah that would be great, especially starting race with damaged car, no refueling and so on. I can see the image of me having fun

EDIT-woo 200th post
Quote from james12s :i do like this idea and think it would go well with each person having an idervidual pit stop area if you know what i mean, even to repair certain types of damage you have to pull into your pit garage, on enduro races, so have an option so that if it is set to no it repairs damage or does nothing, and if yes goes to the pit window

Yeah, that sounds good too, for big damage offcourse
I would really like to see this as well. Along with a server-side option to prevent Shift+P, it could make practice and qualification sessions much more realistic.
march hare: yes def like that

and the no shift+p option i like too

simply +1
+1 for me, excellent idea!

Rob
Been thinking about this.

What happens if race is restarted while you are returning to pits?
Ofcource it could be set that the race wont start unless everybody is, or has been, in the pits. But there will always be one person who keeps on doing donuts and doesn't care about nothing else.
Other solution is that you could only vote for restart when you are in the pits.
Maybe there should be a fixed time before restart. Ofcourse it would have to depend on the track and vehicle used. It would have to be long enough that you can drive around the track slower than race pace. But short enough that people can't total their car and limp to the pits

About Shift-P
I like the idea of limiting the telepit. Only situation I can think of that it would be needed is when you are upside down. Or hit one of those red and white Barriers of Interstellar Travel.
It would certainly make people look after their vehicles. Not just drive them like they stole them.

Driving in pits-garage
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG