The online racing simulator
Quote from NitroNitrous :Yeah, it works fine, I love it. I also used 40mm washers and 600x40mm screws, I think it´s enough strong. The only problem is that it seems a bit ugly

Who cares? It's under your table, you know. Besides, I didn't think it turned out looking too bad myself.

The only problem with this mod is that it changes the pedal ark, so they don't follow the same line as they did before.
Quote from DragonCommando :The only problem with this mod is that it changes the pedal ark, so they don't follow the same line as they did before.

That is true. I found that it helps to use shoes with soles that aren't too "sticky". With my old shoes braking was a little difficult because of the extended arc. Now it's OK though. But I guess it's all down to personal preferences.
Sorry but ark is not in my English vocabulary. What´s that?
He meant arc
Thanks man, I got it
I am not sure if the arc is the same or not, but I still have this mod and it´s perfect for me. I have my pedals inverted, maybe that has something to do
I'm curious about the arc of the pedals too - surely with the spacer mod your feet are at a different angle to your ankles ... it is still comfortable? I can imagine that you might get sore calves from holding your feet more upright?

One thing that bugs me about the brake is that there is far too much travel. For road cars its still too much, but for race cars the pedal hardly moves at all and you simply apply pressure to it.

I doubt its possible because the pedals use potentiometers and so rely on the movement to translate into the game - but has anyone done this kind of mod to G25 brake pedals?
inverting Pedals!!!
I dont have a G25 but i read on the LFS BR forums:
http://www.lfsbr.com/modules/smf/index.php?topic=6469.0
what they do is to invert the pedals, by, from the normal position, you rotatem them 180 degrees and then pithc up about 70-80 degrees.
That way, Clutch will become the accelerator and vice-versa, and the brakes will stay near the NEWLY accelerator, making heel n toe an easier and more forgiving job. at the same time, it allows youre feet to rest on the floor itself, relaxing the muscles..

thats it. if i had it, i would do it. dont know if it could work for plastic double pedal wheels, like MOMO or DPF.

EDIT: sorry for hijacking the thread but i dont want to start Another one, since this is a ''pedal mod'' too heh
Your idea has solved the issue of the heel and toe action, If the gas pedal is not further back of the brake pedal, the action is not easy to do. simple, clever, clean, congrats.
Quote from gp4racer :Your idea has solved the issue of the heel and toe action, If the gas pedal is not further back of the brake pedal, the action is not easy to do. simple, clever, clean, congrats.

No problem at all. Thanks for the kind feedback, I have always found that the simplest ideas tend to be the most effective..
Hello boysand Girls !!!

i got an easier way to help Heel&toe techniques ,

its same result or so as the washer thing , but it takes 50%less hardware , and 90%less time making the mods.

ok maybe there isnt as much adjustabilty to my drift ready pedal set
then the washer alternativew, but

the thing to a great heel&toe pedal layout is that Throttle pedal is set lower and Further than the brake&Clutch pedals(but clutch aint important, where it rest) .So that when brakes are applied , u becomes lvl to Throttle making it easy to roll foot on the gas keeping same amount of brakes , that said

By unscrewing the 2 Allen fasteners holding the actual pedal to lever, u find urself with 2 parts Pedal assembly.
1 metal cover very sexy part,
1 black square plastic spacer with dimples,

DISCARD BLACK PLASTIC SPACER (keep it incase)

now reinstall the Stainless pedal with only top screw, cuz bottm wont fit (can cut the Screw lenght if really in the mood

RESULTS
Throttle now rest 3é4inch lower then Brake pedals

TOOLS

Light , Hands, eyes, 1 ALLEN KEY , 5mins max
Quote from Gnomie :Who cares? It's under your table, you know. Besides, I didn't think it turned out looking too bad myself.

I did the same mod as you and it indeed helps a lot. Yes, the arc is diffirent now, but the travel of the pedal is still the same so it hardly changes anything driving vise. Yes, you have to rise your ancles a bit more, but I don't find it as a problem, so this mod is a very good way to improve consistency of your driving
Quote from NitroNitrous :Thanks for sharing the idea, I have just done it, tonight will be for testing

What did you use to get you pedals to hang like a real car?screws?
Quote from drift01010 :What did you use to get you pedals to hang like a real car?screws?

Yep, the G25 pedals base has the necessary holes
did you find a decent way to get the pedals closer ? as move the break pedal right and the accel pedal left.
Quote from gxgung :did you find a decent way to get the pedals closer ? as move the break pedal right and the accel pedal left.

To me the easiest way was to remove them from the plastic base and screw them to a piece of wood

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG