The online racing simulator
FXR Sequential?
(15 posts, started )
FXR Sequential?
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the FXR seems to only work with sequential paddles instead of an H. Can anybody tell me if they too are having this problem?
not a problem, a feature. The XRR and FXR are now sequentials, the FZR is the only remaining H-shifter.
Oh okay, thank you for the reply.
#4 - Gunn
I can't see the logic behind this though.
The logic seems to be that h-shift would be a bigger disadvantage over the other 2 cars to balance them.

I would be quite upset if I used the FXR or XRR and I had a G25. I don't car what any car would have IRL, I want to be using an h-shifter for the fun of it, not use sequential because it's faster.

Lucky I first, don't have a G25, second my h-shifter I built is a POS and doesn't work, and third, I use the FZR. But I fear eventually all the GTRs will be sequential and I'll hopefully at least have an FF joystick for a shifter. It would be the end of h-shifting fun before it even started for me.
#6 - ajp71
I don't really see the harm in making the gearboxes free in the FXR/XRR if that's what suits people given the fact you could do it IRL and should gain a disadvantage from it
Maybe the FZR remains with the h-shifter because it's rear engined. I imagine rear engined cars do have sequential boxes as well but maybe it's not as common, just thinking aloud here.
#8 - JCTK
I just had a thought, do those Porsche Supercups cars run on H-shifters or sequential~?

I thought the FZR was "trying" to be in a way similar to these, so perhaps that explains why~
#9 - Gunn
Quote from tailing :Maybe the FZR remains with the h-shifter because it's rear engined. I imagine rear engined cars do have sequential boxes as well but maybe it's not as common, just thinking aloud here.

From what I can gather form one of Scawen's posts, the FZR was made as h-pattern only in order to help balance the GTR class.
Quote from JCTK :I just had a thought, do those Porsche Supercups cars run on H-shifters or sequential~?

996 Cup is H but 997 cup is sequential

Maybe the resan is same of BMW use H Shifters in WTCC
Quote from tailing :Maybe the FZR remains with the h-shifter because it's rear engined. I imagine rear engined cars do have sequential boxes as well but maybe it's not as common, just thinking aloud here.

Sequential gearboxes are available as a straight drop in replacement for all modern GT cars if you felt so inclined you could usually install one with no machining and minimal mechanical knowledge to any road car that's commonly used as a GT car, why you'd want to is beyond me. A lot of GT cars still run H gate shifters on grounds either of personal preference or possibly cost (but it soon becomes pretty negligible when you put it into perspective). Running with a sequential gearbox will be faster and more consistent, so works teams spending massive money will probably install sequential 'boxes and computer trickery anyway.

Thankfully in LFS though the car balancing means we can have a range of cars with the different transmission options available IRL but still be competitive in them.
i don't really like the idea of class balancing with the gearbox type. i always raced with the FXR as a sequential anyway, but often when i was practicing i would switch back to the H-pattern just for fun. i wish we could just choose which gearbox we wanted for the race cars, i can still jump in the FZR if i want to have some fun with my shifter though.
i cant see this cos i liked driving these wih h-shifters and there are classes of cars like these that use them
I need to put my two sense in: I don't feel the cars should be balanced with manually selecting gearboxes, because I prefer the H shifter as well and the XRR was my favorite GTR...

User can't select it manually, or through the LFS Script? I don't know why this would change. BTW: I haven't tested the car out yet so I don't really know, I'm just going by the posts above.
I was hoping that the GTRs would all be available on H and Seqencial, having ordered a G25.

Very dissapointing I must say.

FXR Sequential?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG