The online racing simulator
TBO : Class Balancing
(18 posts, started )
Please report here what you find out about the TBO class balancing.
Handicaps have now been removed as the cars should be more naturally balanced now.

Changes in TBO class :

RB4 is now 18 kg lighter
FXO tyres are 15 mm narrower
:headbang:
So the +80kg on FZR and +30kg on XRR stay ?
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Quote from Scawen :
Handicaps have now been removed as the cars should be more naturally balanced now.

As long as this is a testpatch, isnt it possible to keep the weight balances for actual X/X10/X12 servers going? You are just messing up a lot, with removing it completely on all servers...
Quote from Vykos69 :As long as this is a testpatch, isnt it possible to keep the weight balances for actual X/X10/X12 servers going? You are just messing up a lot, with removing it completely on all servers...

It is a big problem for spanish league too
The answer is yes but I had to write some new code on the master server. Anyway that's done now, pre-X30 hosts now have the old handicaps again.
From what it looks on bl1, 5 laps the FXO is about 1 sec faster than the rest but burning his front tires

It also seems so have a huge acceleration advantage (EDIT: but not at the start)
Surely you don't mean from a standing start?
FXO and XRT and RB4 are the same as always perhaps at a different pace for now then last time.

FXO fast again (but is suffering with the front tyres ALOT)
XRT can hold off FXO but is approx .3 .5 seconds per minute slower on average ive found, the clutch is also easier to melt on the FXO for me.
RB4 feels faster but thats perhaps distorted perception :drugs:
the FXO seems unbeatable in qualifying
in races the situation becomes better, FXOs are slowing down because their tyres' temp
#12 - JJ72
I guess that's just normal, FWD heats up the fronts a lot faster and will certainly have a upper hand in qualifying.

as long as it's somehow equal on medium to long stint it's a good balance.
RB4 tyres are heaten up quite fast though, but it is still the slowest car arround. I have done quite an amount of races and qualifyings during the last few days, at least thats what happened in my observation.

Also, FXO takes less practice laps to get a decent lap time. While in an XRT or a RB4, it is definitely more time consuming in getting used to the track/car, or to make small tweaks on the setup. I think this should be another factor to consider in terms of TBO class balancing.
Kancel by Design i think most would agree that the FXO easier car to drive , it should not be penalised for being naturally "better" or "easier"

However you want to put it FXO might be untoubable on a hotlap but what it has in speed it has lost in stability. A few "hot" laps and thats pretty much all it can do, so far in my testing. It is Difficult to keep pace with XRT once tyres are cooked , and keeping them competive is not a simple task. So to compensate you quite litteraly have to drive slower to keep up
#15 - JTbo
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Kancel by Design i think most would agree that the FXO easier car to drive , it should not be penalised for being naturally "better" or "easier"

However you want to put it FXO might be untoubable on a hotlap but what it has in speed it has lost in stability. A few "hot" laps and thats pretty much all it can do, so far in my testing. It is Difficult to keep pace with XRT once tyres are cooked , and keeping them competive is not a simple task. So to compensate you quite litteraly have to drive slower to keep up

Sounds pretty realistic, one can't drive hotlaps whole race, but have to adjust speed so that tires will last, this adds really nice tactical element, one must choose battles that are worth of fight
FXOs are starting slower now too, coz of the narrower tyres.

But how about the RB4, i think it is still the slowest car, isnt it? IMO, will that be a good idea to give the RB4 wider tarmac tyres instead of reducing its weight? As i know, real rally cars have different wheel width and diameter on different types of tyres (gravel/tarmac/snow). While the tarmac tyres are the widest, gravel tyres are slightly narrower, and snow tyres being the narrowest one.
#17 - jagy
what happend to xrt in x30?? i drived BL rallyecross and xrt is much much faster now.. the weight and power its same.. so tell me whats changed?
Probably because the rallycross track is smaller? Blackwood was reduced in size by 7% to make the track narrower.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG