The online racing simulator
.LYT Problems.!!!
(9 posts, started )
.LYT Problems.!!!
Ok cant find help. Trying to use lyt files. I've put them in the proper place, checked the proper tracks, Installed a 2nd LFS. When I shift+U I dont get any option to load or open a layout. I have a feeling it might be the way windows is associating the files when I save them. I've downloaded the lyt layout editor and it opens the layouts. What could it be? Im very frustrated pleas help.
If you`ve downloaded a genuine .lyt file, and placed it in your lfs data/layout folder, then it should definitely be available from the Shift-U screen.

The part of the interface to load layouts should be bottom right of your screen even if you`re not running the proper track. Try pressing space once from the Shift-U screen.

If you do/have and things still don`t work, it may be that you aren`t on the right track at the time, or the layout isn`t named properly.
Quote from MisterKris :Ok cant find help. Trying to use lyt files. I've put them in the proper place, checked the proper tracks, Installed a 2nd LFS. When I shift+U I dont get any option to load or open a layout. I have a feeling it might be the way windows is associating the files when I save them. I've downloaded the lyt layout editor and it opens the layouts. What could it be? Im very frustrated pleas help.

Have you tryed pressing space? If there's names over cars, then that's almost definatly the problem.
Yeah unfourtinatly ive done all that. although im not sure what you mean "name"s" over the "car"s".

ive also downloaded about 15 lyt's all from the fourm.

also when i load autocross its says no checkpoints availible- dont know if thats common.
and shift u is sussposed to bring up a follower screen? w/ keys on the top left and following options on the bottom left?

Im pissed now cause i have a karting meet tommorow and wanted to mess around w/ this
In proper AutoX editor mode, names don't appear over other people's cars. But if you had space pressed, the names would appear...

Below is a screenshot of what the autox screen should look like. Make sure your settings are the same. "Load Layout" in the bottom right is where you can open .lyt files...

Hope that helps...
Attached images
autox.jpg
I think it's best to ask here. I'm searching for this for a while, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Is there a .png file of Blackwood GP for the layout editor?
OK so ive tried this again on my parents computer and the same exact thing is happening. I do not get any part of the menu on the right side of the screen. Also I dont get any of the editor capabilites like add placing or removing objects. That seems like a big part of the problem. Anyone know whats up? This is two different computers im having the exact same problem with.
Ok nobody wins. Ive searched for hours about this and this never came up. It seems to only be activated in single player, and not hot lapping. I never use single player. And I dont understand why anyone would considering how poor the AI is in the current patch.

Thanks for your help
Quote from MisterKris :Ok nobody wins. Ive searched for hours about this and this never came up. It seems to only be activated in single player, and not hot lapping.

Oh, I didn't know you were trying to use hot lap! Yea, AutoX layouts cannot be applied in hot lapping...

.LYT Problems.!!!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG