The online racing simulator
** Advice on Logitech G25 **
Hi, i was just woundering if you can like, half bring the clutch out and let it just bite like a real car ? Im really considering buying them and LFS, but i cant seem to find anywere that sells LFS can any1 send me some links or something so i can buy it.
Cheers
Quote from Brookaovhaydock :Hi, i was just woundering if you can like, half bring the clutch out and let it just bite like a real car ? Im really considering buying them and LFS, but i cant seem to find anywere that sells LFS can any1 send me some links or something so i can buy it.
Cheers

Hi there,

Yes, the clutch will 'bite' with the G25, although there is obviously no physical feedback like in a real car. Also, clutch simulation is to be improved on in the upcoming patch Y.

You can't buy LFS in shops, you need to purchase a licence online from here:-

http://www.lfs.net/?page=viewstatus

Hope this helps.
Ohh i see. Im really looking foward to getting the G25 now lol, im usin the keyboard atm just seing what the game is like etc...can you download new sounds and stuff ??
Quote from Brookaovhaydock :can you download new sounds and stuff ??

Yes, but all that stuff is minor. Before worrying about changing the sounds and getting hi-res cockpit skins and such, just focus on the sim itself. It's involving enough to keep you occupied for a long time.
#5 - Igor
Quote from Brookaovhaydock :Oh i see, so do i just purchase a licence then what ? do i download the game or something ?

Yup, that's the way it goes. Or you can download it first, and it'll run in demo mode until you buy the license and unlock the entire content. There's lots of info at http://www.lfs.net/ about the procedure.
Yeah once you have paid for the game and registered with the site, go to the downloads page and get the game. Once you've done that, simply launch it click the unlock Live For Speed button. Enter the same username and password you registered with the site and it will unlock the full content.

As for the G25, yeah as written above, the clutch can be fed in like a real car but is tricky to get the hang of straight away. Does come in very handy on the 4 wheel drive cars like the RB4 and FXR. The wheel in general is great and well worth the purchase if you have the cash
Yeah, thanks alot Im getting it at crimbo, im ordering them both christmas day. Also, you no the G25, what is that little nob that u can twist and push in on the right side of the gear shifter ? i saw it on a review on youtube but they never said what it does
Cheers
If you mean the silver knob in front of the shifter, that's to switch between sequential and H pattern. If you mean the black knobs on each side of the shifter, they are just to tighten the mounting clamps.
Oh yeh, i ment the tighterners lol. Oh by the way, can i just buy the S2 Licence without buying S1 and have everything ?
if you pay 24 eruo you can. 12 for s1
Quote from Brookaovhaydock :Oh yeh, i ment the tighterners lol. Oh by the way, can i just buy the S2 Licence without buying S1 and have everything ?

Yes when you go to buy your licence it will ask you whether you want to unlock S1 or S2 if you buy S2 you get S1 content with it plus the S2 tracks and cars. (hope that helps)
Yah, I am asumming u already have LFS installed right now and are just playing the demo. soooo...

Go to LFS.net.. Read all the stuff about buying a voucher/license. Then choose S2 and it costs 24 pounds. After you will make a password and username... THEN go start up Live For Speed and on the main page. In the left bottom corner it should say "Unlock Live for Speed"
Click on that then type in ur password and username.. Then go and start playing.

If you want to change sound files / DDS files or anything, MAKE A BACK-UP OF ALL DEFULT FILES!!!
Don't tell me you were going to spend £150 for a wheel then not buy a s2 Licence For £24?
#15 - Woz
Get the latest DXTweak and tweak the travel a little.

From what I can tell the LFS clutch runs the axis from 0-100 % over the full travel of the clutch. This is just wrong as anyone who has driven a manual will know.

I have mine changed so only 1/3 of the travel represents the clutch axis, the rest of the travel is ignored. This "band" starts about 1cm after you start to press the clutch in. This is due to the fact that most cars I have driven have been setup that way but just tweak to suit.

This is a set once and forget about it solution. The clutch will noww act teh same in all games you play
Quote from Kryten :It's £24 (pounds) not 24 Euros.

Oh what ever, I'm from california, I don't even capitolize my own state's name, who am I to care whats going on out side my litle world, even though there is this little invassion/occupation of a smaller nation that isn't going well. 'IFF' its happening to me directly, I don't seem to care.... what do I know...

Being sarcastic.

Had to state this for you serious people that take everything seroiusly all the time.

I have had that happen once.
Yepp thats what i was gonna do :P
** Some Advice **
Ok, im buying the G25 at christmas. I was woundering if anyone could tell me anything to look out for with this wheel ? Also, about the clutch pedal, can you set it so the more u bring it out, the more it bites ? i dont want it to just sudenly snatch half way or something and be fully engadaged ? If that makes sence
Cheers
Don't know anything you'd specifically need to look out for. Also yes, the clutch bite is gradual, not instant
Good =D Cant wait till i get my hands on it haha. Wont be able to get off
and you can do some tweak to readjust dead zone, so you'll be able to virtually adjust friction point !!!
Orderd My G25 :D
At last i have orderd my G25 Can't wait to get my hands on it hehe. Poinltess post but i thourght ild share it with you all haha

Nice one, just got mine today!
Haha cool. When you've give a good try, could you tell me what you think about it and stuff if you dont mind
Got mine a couple of days ago but cant go on it till christmas ah well, can't wait.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG