The online racing simulator
Post yer feetwork
(62 posts, started )
Damn you got some skills Spanky. I like how you switch between left-foot braking and right-foot. And damn. I need to learn how to toe-heel. It looks awesome. I feel like a noob now.

btw fel it looks like your toes start in the middle of your foot. If you catch my drift.
Quote from audimasta :Damn you got some skills Spanky. I like how you switch between left-foot braking and right-foot. And damn. I need to learn how to toe-heel. It looks awesome. I feel like a noob now.

I agree. Very nice footwork with the combining of left and right foot braking.

I'd post a video but a. I just started using clutch last night so I'm still stomping on it to brake in a 'panic' situation and b. my camera only takes 30 seconds of video, can't video in anything less than outside full sunlight, and c. would be horribly tiny and of quality that is far below youtube.
#28 - DDM
LOL! i bet they give some grip over teh pedals
Wait.. doesn't everyone mix left and right foot braking?!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Wait.. doesn't everyone mix left and right foot braking?!

When i use the shifter + clutch, i kind of only right foot brake because thats what i do in real life. But i now understand that mixing it is more effective in races after having seen spanky pwn with it. I need to renew my driving style i guess!
I left foot brake quite often actually, using throttle blips to engage the gear rather than clutching.
Quote from felplacerad :Being bare foot rocks! At least most of the times. I was just preparing lunch when a piece of onion jumped out of the frying pan and landed on my bare foot. It hurt a bit.

Why is your stove so close your your computer?
#33 - JTbo
What is "away from computer"? Sounds interesting.
#35 - JTbo
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What is "away from computer"? Sounds interesting.

Do you remember this thing called shower? That silly thing that creates rain inside of house? That is away from computer
Quote from JTbo :Do you remember this thing called shower? That silly thing that creates rain inside of house? That is away from computer

I don't know what you are talking about?

Attached images
DSC00417.JPG
#37 - JTbo
Quote from spankmeyer :I don't know what you are talking about?

Damn you addicts :ices_rofl

I prefer shocks, but I'm faster barefoot
Damnit Spanky I've been searching for a pic like that on Google for 20 mins

LOL!
2 laps of south city in the FOX, this is for those of you who want to know what its like driving LFS with a gamepad.

http://files.filefront.com/LFS ... v/;9198488;/fileinfo.html

Obviously with the new patch I will need to lift off the throttle to shift, which is no problem at all, but as you can see the 'heel toe' action isnt possible with a gamepad. Its either throttle or brake.
Use (a) button(s) instead of up/down then
I wouldn't like to drive with a digital throttle and brake. I could set it up so that the brake is on the same axis as the steering but that would be really awkward. But really theres only one setup that works properly, otherwise I might aswell use KB/Mouse.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I wouldn't like to drive with a digital throttle and brake. I could set it up so that the brake is on the same axis as the steering but that would be really awkward. But really theres only one setup that works properly, otherwise I might aswell use KB/Mouse.

Ah, ok I thought your up/down was digital, I forgot that newer game pads have these fancy analog sticks. So why not use one stick for brake and one for throttle? Or is it not dual?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Ah, ok I thought your up/down was digital, I forgot that newer game pads have these fancy analog sticks. So why not use one stick for brake and one for throttle? Or is it not dual?

You haven't thought this through, have you?
what? he could steer and use throttle on one and use the other for a separate brake axis.
It would be too weird. And even if you did get used to it you'd probably inadvertently steer while blipping the throttle - not something you want to do while performing an action intended to keep the back of the car at the back.
#50 - JTbo
I find it impossible even to drive with gamepad, as we speak of footwork here, now try yourself, use gamepad with feet and tell me how you can manage lap or two ?

Post yer feetwork
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG