The online racing simulator
#1 - Krayy
InSim Race Tracking flag for object Contact
I would like to see InSim flags for contact events so that we can track who has multiple car-to-car contacts over a certain period and either report the incident, or kick the driver. This will help eliminate barging tactics.

Suggested format something like:

struct IS_CON // CONtact (Player hit something)
{
byte Size; // 8
byte Type; // ISP_CON
byte ReqI; // 0
byte PLID; // player's unique id

byte IdHit; // unique id of object hit
word Speed; // Speed delta
short AngVel; // Angle object struck at
};

If it is car-to-car contact, then a short algorithm to determine who hit the other from the contact angle and speed could determine who gets the contact packet.

As an aside, this could be used to create a Demo Derby mod if we also get Race Flags for damage done, i.e. an enum depicting damage to shocks, tyres, body, engine etc, and an int for determine amount of damage including disabling the target vehicle.
Quote from Krayy :If it is car-to-car contact, then a short algorithm to determine who hit the other from the contact angle and speed could determine who gets the contact packet.

And how can you determine that? There are so many factors that can't be taken into account by a program. There would be many unjustified kicks/bans.

Something like this has been suggested countless times already anyway.
#3 - Krayy
Quote from zeugnimod :And how can you determine that? There are so many factors that can't be taken into account by a program. There would be many unjustified kicks/bans.

Something like this has been suggested countless times already anyway.

Hmm, didn't show up in any searches.

I think what I'm getting at is that is an InSim app, you could count the # of unique contacts and then calculate how many occurred over say 2 or 3 seconds and then use that to deliver a warning for barging.
it is entirely possible for the leaders to be making contact while racing for position without anyone crashing. i'd be pretty pissed if i got kicked for that. and if its just warning message, well there is no point really because if someone is crashing people they definitely aren't going to listen to a warning message.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG