The online racing simulator
CTRA and new patch...
I wondered what the ramifications are for the new patch and the CTRA system. Will it have a huge effect on CTRA?
Doubt it, probably just different car combinations for the Single Seater servers.
formula bmw for clubman or national b?
#4 - SamH
We'll have to give it a run beside the FOX and see how it does in comparison. From there, we'll be able to determine where in the great scheme of things the FB2 fits
the fb2 maximum speed is 230... and the fox is 240... and the fb02 its smaller, and i think easier to control
FB2 looks nice but i had rather see a extra road car instead of a SS. Latest great patch with car was the BF1. Although i had a look at scawen`s video, I dont know. To me besides the FOX it doesnt give anything extra`s.

The phycics however are more then welcome. . I hope that is the end of being rocketered in the air. Very not LFS. So lets hope the best.

I dont believe there will be drastical changes needed on CTRA. It`s more a phycics and car update after patch X. No extra things I could find out towards hosting. So no big deal for CTRA I believe.
#7 - SamH
Yep, the biggest point at which CTRA and LFS connect is at the InSim end, and that was completely reworked during Patch X development. It's what made the X-System that we have now actually possible. There are unlikely to be any changes to the InSim functionality for the foreseeable future, and certainly nothing that we won't be able to accomodate quickly and easily. (We're already beginning to work on X2)
Quote from SamH : (We're already beginning to work on X2)

It's already making me go bald!
i think the new car could be a good entry car for the single-seaters. as far as i know it has less power and perhaps the FOX on SS1 could be substituted with the new car, with the advantage, that you get a new car with every licence step. but like sam said, at first we need to take a look and drive a round.
for me personally it is great to have a new single seater a love them and i think coorporation with import of real cars are always good for lfs
#10 - SamH
I'm happy to hear about the new car too. It should boost server numbers for a while, too.. especially looking at the number of people who landed on the forum today, after word got out about Scawen's post
I think CTRA will probably benifit from this with the new changes. I bet the servers are full 24/7 when the new patch is realeased! I just can't wait till its realeased I reckon nearly every server will allow that car

Matty
Quote from dmwright :I think CTRA will probably benifit from this with the new changes. I bet the servers are full 24/7 when the new patch is realeased!

Weren't you banned from CTRA? Or was that only temporary?
now we all know the new car the fact that this car is available as demo car can be a good attractor to lfs and ctra too. would the new car then be the entry car for SS1 ? in such a case you would get a new car in every single-seater licence steps, that would be nice, or ?
+1
What about the GT2 restrictions?

As the GTR class is balanced differently in the new patch. Are the CTRA staff testing whether to adjust the GT2 restrictions?

Hope there will be BIG notices if they are changed.
#16 - SamH
Yep, if there are changes to the GTR class, we will have to compensate in the GT2 class restrictions. We'll make sure everyone is fully aware before the changes happen

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG