The online racing simulator
Set Realistic Limits
(8 posts, started )
Set Realistic Limits
Hi,

I looked at a few guys recently online, and the unrealism of their setups was kind of flagrant. Live For Speed is supposed to be a SIMULATOR. Then, how would you drive this eighter on public roads or tracks? That kind of setups would probably be forbiden as it is only 'dangerous' for other racers to ge hit by this guy. You have no control when using that kind of setup, so I see no reason for allowing such limits.

Some things should be limited, starting with suspension. Why don,t set a resonable limit between X and Y instead of having the crazy A to Z slider that you can adjust like a mad? Just my opinion, but asphalt reaping setups or jump setups aren't any realistics in a game that pretends to be the best simulator...
Okay, now guess how often that has already been suggested/mentioned in the past. A tip: far more than once.

I agree to a certain extent.
You shouldn't be able to see the wheels sticking through the bodywork - the setup shouldn't allow that. But obviously things like Tweak and Bespoke (used in that shot) can cause issues in that department.

But remember there are no streets in LFS, so it doesn't need to be street legal. It's all tracks, so obviously there will be setups that would get you killed or arrested if you tried to use them IRL.
Plus you also have rallyX, so you need higher suspension than a track or road car....
#5 - zxt
Also how about getting a busted radiator or something that will make your engine stop. I can see people ramming others because they knew they can still drive their car and proceed with the race. The damage should be more realistic and if you damage your car so bad then you need to wait at least 5 minutes before you can join back in this way crashers will think twice.
Quote from zxt :Also how about getting a busted radiator or something that will make your engine stop. I can see people ramming others because they knew they can still drive their car and proceed with the race. The damage should be more realistic and if you damage your car so bad then you need to wait at least 5 minutes before you can join back in this way crashers will think twice.

I'm going to be polite because you're new. Please use the search function. here is what I think you're looking for.

But your post has nothing to do with what this thread is even about.
Why would you suggest to have LESS control of how your car handles?

Whats wrong with that picture anyway? I don't see anything wrong with the setup.
Quote from mcintyrej :Why would you suggest to have LESS control of how your car handles?

Whats wrong with that picture anyway? I don't see anything wrong with the setup.

More realism. IRL, you would not have adjustment in 0.0001 increments on your gear ratios, for example.

Set Realistic Limits
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG