The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :lol and you tell it has nothing to do with money, you say it all here.

At the end I feel like you guys don't like that's organized by Germans, hehe
but it says UKCT presents... hm

You have the wrong end of my stick my friend.

It has nothing to do with spending MY money, money isn't the reason I won't participate, but it may be a factor to others, but it isn't to me.

To those it may be an issue to, they may look at what they are getting for their 5 euros, that they can't already get for free elsewhere, and the fact that the ESL struggled to get full grids for every event, for a free league with prizes, makes me wonder just why esport think they will be successfull.

As for your last comment, thats bordering on calling me a racist, and I am nothing of the sort, I love Germany, the Germans are fantastic people, however, it has been clear to me on numerous occasions, both professional and pleasureable, that the Germans have a certain way of doing, and putting things, that doesn't always gel well with others.
Dan, I don't think your girlfriend would like you going to her "ZOMG! LOOK AT THIS GOLD CUP I WON PLAYING LFS!".

She doesn't like LFS period

Besides, the chances of me winning anything other than the wooden spoon is slim to none
This is what it can offer to you i think.
Clean fun racing with GTR's and Strategies dramatic. I think that main problem is that you guys don't drive GTR's so much and you don't know how much fun it can be

sorry for that i said maybe you don't like it that's organized by Germans, it has nothing to do with Racism. TBH i like their way, it's all as it should be, news come fast, replay are good provided, streams are there, rules are good formed, what else do you want
Quote from N I K I :TBH i like their way, it's all as it should be, news come fast, replay are good provided, streams are there, rules are good formed, what else do you want

TBH, apart from the streams and the prizes, I can't really see much different to how I run my league
Well what it should be there more, lol

The point is that you don't like GTR racing and you can't really find competitive league this days that runs only GTR's (sprint racing)
I have been reading this thread with quite some interest. 1 of our HR guys did wanna join. It got me curious and looked it up. To pay 5 euro to enter a league is nothing.

But after you payed there is now way in the world I could beat the guys named by Paul here below. On top off that they have a free entry !!. Wich means I pay to get my ass kicked by guys who are free to drive there. I can get my ass kicked free by faster drivers on any league or event. No disrespect to the named racers.

I think thats the main reason people dont wanna join. Why would you pay and get your ass kicked anyway by drivers who have a free entry ??. It should be all paying or not but not some dont and the rest has to pay. It feels kinda like a rip off although its only 5 euro. No disrespect to any who organised this at all.

Dont get me wrong, its not I dont wanna spend money on this but if I have to thrown money away I rather give it to a medical research or some institute.

I am sorry but this is mine personal opion and the reason I will not join this league.
Quote from N I K I :The point is that you don't like GTR racing and you can't really find competitive league this days that runs only GTR's (sprint racing)

Who said I don't like GTR racing?, I did a whole ESL ESCCII season in the GTR cars, didn't do very well granted, but I stuck it out and raced in EVERY race.

I also race the GTR's on the CTRA servers whenever possible, so believe me, it has NOTHING to do with the cars.
niels might be true,
just saying: look at MoE, nothing is organized so special and ppl still like it and drive it
Yeh Vykos, why they didn't pay?
Quote from SparkyDave :Niki its not about the money, really its not.

I cant find the aplication for the internationals anywhere, was this an invite only league for the internationals?
looking at the names I think I get it invite those you know.

I would have thought run the nationals first, then run internationals with the top drivers from the nationals?

nevermind.

SD.

The internationals as far as i could see was just like a test series... i wouldn't get all hung up about not being invited... It was/is free to all (who were invited).
The national league all pay to enter. The top X amount of driver get to race in the International league for free. At least thats the way i understand it. Seems fair enough to me.

Quote from danowat :It's nothing to do with the money N I K I, I would be more than happy to pay 5 euros, no problem.

Dan i dont think your post makes it sound like it has nothing to do with money.
Really, so what if u can get the same for free? They are entitled to ask for money if they want. A lot of time and effort goes into creating an running a league as you well know.
If anyone thinks they can get the same for free, then that is fine, do that. For me i think this league draws in the "Big Guns", and that's is what interests me. Racing against quicker drivers is the best way to up your game.
I'm absolutely baffled as to how this league seems to have offended people in some way. I did a couple of races in the International league this season until work commitments stopped me continuing, and i have to say everything ran extremely smoothly and i was impressed.
The only genuine reason for not doing this league is the short notice and the fact the races are every 7 days. Other than that I'll would definitely be signing up to the Nationals.
Of course, they are more than entitled to ask 5 euros, 50 euros, 500 euros, whatever they want, but if Vykos asks, and he did, why people aren't interested, or thinigs to improve, then I will tell it like I see it.

I am not offended in any way, personally, it seems like Vykos maybe offended that people didn't jump at the chance to take part in this league.

I have said all I want to say, people obviously don't see my point of view, where I am coming from and that I am trying to help Vykos make this UK league something good, because I am, I want(ed) to see it succeed, now I really can't be bothered to spend any energy on it at all.

I wish Vykos luck with the league, and thats the last I will say on the subject.
First of all, thanx for all your open words.

We will postpone the start of the UK/IRE league. It cant be our goal, to force something, which doesnt work out and doesnt make the participants happy.

Some (last for now) words on some of the issues: We had to start with some league at all, and the idea to invite the best racers known in LFS paid of, as we saw thrilling races so far, the streams are well visited. Why they dont pay a fee? Because our partners did that to present their teams and cars racing there.

We have to start somewhere, and we invest a lot of time into this project. We see your very valid points, and that's the reason why we postpone it: To come back with a more complete project. I simply overestimated several things, as it seems. So far just enjoy the races in the international league, the coverage and all. As you might already understood, we want to establish a lot of leagues, and a lot of racing, based on our site. If some of the stuff we offer, doesnt suit you, then just dont go there and drive there. eSport-Racing is not there, to suit all your needs and wishes, as this is per definitionem impossible. We offer something, we will improve our offer, but: It will be a GTR league with some prizes and an opportunity to move up to an international level and drive there for bigger prizes and coverage on huge websites, IP-TV etc. etc.
If that is not want you are looking for: I am sorry, we might have some other project in our case under the table, that might suit you later on then.

Cheerio, Keep Racing, we keep working on this.
Just remember to give plenty of notice in time for the relaunch
I'd just like to point out that not everyone thinks it is badly organised or a rip-off or anything of the sort. I was happy to consider entering to have a chance of moving up to the international league and will do so again when the series re-launches. I do think the information could be displayed clearer on the site as it really is a bit hard to find. More notice certainly is required next time though!

One thing that would encourage me to join is a guaranteed place in the next season as I would not be too happy being one of the first to pay and then not get in next season when it may be more popular or well known.
Quote from F.Rizzo :I'd just like to point out that not everyone thinks it is badly organised or a rip-off or anything of the sort. I was happy to consider entering to have a chance of moving up to the international league and will do so again when the series re-launches. I do think the information could be displayed clearer on the site as it really is a bit hard to find. More notice certainly is required next time though!

One thing that would encourage me to join is a guaranteed place in the next season as I would not be too happy being one of the first to pay and then not get in next season when it may be more popular or well known.

Agreed ....the more I think about it and the more I see illustrious fast drivers associated with this league...then maybe I'd be too slow anyway even if the league did get of the ground.....the fastest I've managed (offline) is 1:38:19 a massive 3 seconds from what I would need to be (looking at the tracker). doh!..

Good luck with it anyway! I'll keep on practising
Just some quick opinions about this from my point og view.

I was lucky enough to be handed out an invite for the international etm, but kinda had the feeling that i think most UK guys have now.. We were told that we would have official skins, numberplates, everything was gonna be planned and executed in time etc etc. All this appeared on the website in the last
minute, and i think the whole bunch of racers who was going to participate in this was quite unsure abut the whole series. It looked quite unprepared, and the general feeling within the F1RST team was that this was indeed rushed up...

Luckily, all drivers has so far shown really nice dedication and motivation towards etm, and i can tell you that i really enjoy being a part of this now. Live streams are good (tho, stop eating jo :razz, information has become good, races are great, nice reports on the website, admins are doing a great job overall, providing support whenever you need it.

I'm driving in etm purely for fun, and i did honestly not know much about those prizes before i opened this thread today

All i can say is that this league is indeed wip atm, but it has only changed to the better so far. It's definately a league i will spend time on, also in the future

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG