The online racing simulator
Insim,can somebody spend time to teach me
Ok ive been spending loads of time in cruise serve until ive got bored and want my own,i got told a freind would help me make 1 but after we got 1/2 way and he refused so now im stuck,would anybody give time to help me make the insim,im look at something like J4F or LTC,would anybody give time through msn teaching me how to do insim language
Not being funny, iirc, nobody who has asked for an "insim cruise app" has yet received one .

If you wanna learn, goto www.google.co.uk and read /docs/insim.txt
:doh:
InSim is a protocol, a way of communication, used for "talking" to LFS. InSim is NOT a programming language - you can't make any applications (like the CTRA X-System, or various LTC apps) with just InSim itself. You need a real programming language (C#, C++, PHP, Java... whatever) to accomplish that.

If you have programming experience (I guess not), then please consult the vast amount of sticky threads in this forum, which contain all the info you need. If you don't, then I'm 100% sure you're grossly underestimating the amount of dedication and knowledge it needs to make an InSim application. Usually people who are serious about this 1) know how to get most of the info by themselves, and 2) are "self-sufficient" enough to actually learn these things (Google is your friend; the internet has enormous amounts of tutorials for such things) without someone baby-stepping them through it, which is to be honest what I think you expect from us.
No,all i would like it links to website that can show codes etc and give me advice
Thanks ill give it a read,
Ok read that,i understand parts but not other parts,anybody got msn who will give me a helping hand,
Quote from nova_dan :read that,but i still dont know how to start etc,would you be willing to give me some of your time in helping me,

Have you read this post specifically, which is linked to from the FAQ?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=600723#post600723

If you still don't get it then lets look at it this way;
* How old are you
* How likely are you to give up if this gets complicated (and it will get complicated if you're new to programming)
* Do you have any programming experience?
* What exactly is your final goal? Once you have a specific vision then start small. Creating something like a public cruise server is a fairly large job and requires a lot of background infrastructure (I'm talking server, bandwidth, database management, should it come successful)

Think hard and carefully. If your goal is to create a large public cruise server (with a large number of concurrent users), to rival the current ones, then you need to consider very carefully what you can afford as servers aren't cheap, as I very much doubt you'd beable to get a lfs server provider (i.e. 500servers) to run it for you. You'd be looking a Windows 2003 web edition, or Linux box running on a decent network, with enough RAM to run a decent database engine. You could get away with a small VPS, but even so that's in the region of £10-50 quid a month (you could, of course, run it from a home connection but that will eventually be outgrown).

I'm not trying to put you off, but I am trying to make you understand what you might want to do. I know how much data LTC handles so I'm certainly not trying to bullshit you either. The reason why I'm telling you this, is so that if myself, or someone else, invests time in teaching you this, they don't waste their time.
i can run it free of charge from a freind,at the moment im download mysql and a few other programs,that i know are needed,im starting small just with a few bits,i just need help with the coding part,im 15 yes,im taking a level 2 I.T course and also doing a edcl course,im willing to put in time to make it good,
#12 - vane

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG