The online racing simulator
Few Questions!
(19 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
Few Questions!
How do I make money? Do i have to do training if so do i get any rewards?

Thanks for the help.
AMB
#2 - dadge
no money to be earned i'm affraid. unless you mean on those cruise servers.
#3 - AMB
So how do i get more cars?
#4 - dadge
go to garage and then click on cars.
#5 - AMB
how do i buy them though because when i try to use a car it sais you do not own it?
Top Tips For Cruise Servers:-

1. Drive REALLY slowly, ie 60mph max. Why try to push the limits of a car in a sim when you can drive as you would in real life?

2. If a cop decides to chase you, DO NOT run away, this will lead to a kick from the server. 'But chases are fun!' I hear you say.. True, but they can be dangerous...

3. If you are stranded, try to act as a server regular, otherwise you will get help from no-one.

4. Do everything anyone tells you to or else you will be banned, even if what you were doing was 'fun', or within usual rules.

5. My fave tip. Press 'leave' and then pick one of the sparsely populated race servers and enjoy the sim as it was intended.

(Needless to say, I can't see the point of 'cruising' in LFS. Its like having a free bar and then asking for a soda water...)
#7 - AMB
ok how do i join races because i try and it sais i do not own that car?
Quote from AMB :ok how do i join races because i try and it sais i do not own that car?

Race servers are usually limited to a selection of cars within a predetermined class. The ones you can select stand out, with the others slightly greyed out. For example, CTRA Race 1 only allows the XFG and XRG, selecting other cars will not work.

Also, the cars available for each server are also shown on the right hand side of the server browser.
If you want to join RACES you have to join a server that doesn't have "cruise" in its name.

If you insist on staying on cruise servers you have to take the UF1 in the beginning and just drive countless laps at a very slow speed, AFAIK.
Cruising - for people that are scared of speed.

Live for Speed =! Granny Simulator
@ origamiboy
"2. If a cop decides to chase you, DO NOT run away, this will lead to a kick from the server." 'But chases are fun!' I hear you say.. True, but they can be dangerous... < idk where you heard this b.s from. Also, where did you witness it from? AMB is referring to CLC as he was on there earlier. You wont be kicked or banned after a chase, so please try and get some proper info before posting b.s like this.

"3. If you are stranded, try to act as a server regular, otherwise you will get help from no-one." < again, B.S. As above, dont post crap.

"4. Do everything anyone tells you to or else you will be banned, even if what you were doing was 'fun', or within usual rules." < Jesus, you sure do like talking all this crap. You wont be banned OR kicked for either of those things.

AMB. Please goto www.citylifecrew.net if it is CLC you are referring to about help. goto the forum, and all info will be in there. Make sure to give it a throrough read.

Also, stop with the ramming. Thats one rule we strongly support in CLC, as do the rest of the people in LFS.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ origamiboy
"2. If a cop decides to chase you, DO NOT run away, this will lead to a kick from the server." 'But chases are fun!' I hear you say.. True, but they can be dangerous... < idk where you heard this b.s from. Also, where did you witness it from? AMB is referring to CLC as he was on there earlier. You wont be kicked or banned after a chase, so please try and get some proper info before posting b.s like this.

"3. If you are stranded, try to act as a server regular, otherwise you will get help from no-one." < again, B.S. As above, dont post crap.

"4. Do everything anyone tells you to or else you will be banned, even if what you were doing was 'fun', or within usual rules." < Jesus, you sure do like talking all this crap. You wont be banned OR kicked for either of those things.

AMB. Please goto www.citylifecrew.net if it is CLC you are referring to about help. goto the forum, and all info will be in there. Make sure to give it a throrough read.

Also, stop with the ramming. Thats one rule we strongly support in CLC, as do the rest of the people in LFS.

To be fair, I have had little exposure to 'cruising'. As I said, it doesn't interest me. However, that list I compiled comes from accounts from fellow racers on this forum and elsewhere.. Whether this is because people are bitter about cruise servers leaving race servers empty, I don't know.

Now, I assume that you frequent the server a lot, therefore don't suffer any of the problems I mentioned. However, to a newcomer it can be both bewildering and unforgiving. And you cannot deny that the cruising community is said to be 'cliquey'.

Where did that ramming comment come from? I have, and never will, wreck purposefully on any server..
We all witnessed it, dont try to act like you didnt. you turned into a car, pushed the accelerator, and hit[also you amied for him]. tahts what ramming is
@ Origamiboy. The ramming comment was'nt directed towards you, it was directed towards AMB.

Sorry if i came on abit vicious, but im fed up with all these people that have such a hatred towards cruising. LFS may not have been made for cruising, but the way i see it is that if people have payed £24 for this game, then they should be allowed to play it however they want.

Also, SOME servers may be mean if your a newcomer but the one i regulary go on (CLC) is a very freindly server. When i first went there, everyone explained how it worked and what commands to use (even though i did feck up a few times )

Anyway, sorry to be so harsh, but please dont say these kind of things about servers if you have just heard them from other members.
honestly guys, dont bash the cruise servers. I like them for their social experience, as well as getting some practice with certain cars, and not feeling any pressure or competition.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :@ Origamiboy. The ramming comment was'nt directed towards you, it was directed towards AMB.

Sorry if i came on abit vicious, but im fed up with all these people that have such a hatred towards cruising. LFS may not have been made for cruising, but the way i see it is that if people have payed £24 for this game, then they should be allowed to play it however they want.

Also, SOME servers may be mean if your a newcomer but the one i regulary go on (CLC) is a very freindly server. When i first went there, everyone explained how it worked and what commands to use (even though i did feck up a few times )

Anyway, sorry to be so harsh, but please dont say these kind of things about servers if you have just heard them from other members.

Fair enough mate. I apologise...
Oh My God Cruise Servers Suck
Quote from agm_ultimatex :honestly guys, dont bash the cruise servers. I like them for their social experience, as well as getting some practice with certain cars, and not feeling any pressure or competition.

Feeling pressure, fighting for position (any position!) is what makes my LFS time online a good time.
I guess my profile does not correspond to cruise server (numerous) userbase's then.
I spent some time reading the CLC website stuff and am amazed at what you've achieved, congratulations. I will probably never use this but it still seems to be a nice bit of programming.
I approve cruise servers as there is obviously a public for these (full servers! wow) so it keeps LFS community happy and alive.
I go on CLC from time to time. A good place to test out new controllers. A good bit of fun. I was on CLC last night and the night before. Hadn't been there for quite some time.

Where else am I to go? Aren't people just sick and tired of Aston National in the GTRs and Aston Club in the FOX? CTRA1 could use some S2 tracks to get out of the FE Club or South City Town rotation that is always on. CTRA2 is good when it changes to GT2, but it takes you 15 minutes worth of racing to find out you are the only one in GT2, everyone else is in GTR (Ok, you can usually find out the first laps, but I'm usually wondering disappointingly if I'm really that slow for the first race ). Also, it isn't much fun to race with only 3 others.

Other than those servers populated, it is 15 drift servers and 10 different cruise servers. I jump on CLC for an hour or so and drive around and socialize, or I load up flight sim and fly around and socialize. They are the same thing.

Racing is pretty sparse here in the US. It's tough to keep my interest with only GTi at FE Gold or SO Town available. Of course now, for those who don't care for the single seaters, racing will become even more sparse with everyone flocking to the new car at South City for a month before the novelty wears off and all the racers leave LFS again.

Few Questions!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG