The online racing simulator
Should i buy it?
(63 posts, started )
Quote from shaun463 :Buy a momo.

DFP is better...900 degree rotation....is the momo ff faster though?
As far as I know, I was NOT asking what wheel I should buy, I was asking if a wheel which is designed for XBox360, would work on PC.

I have checked out both of the wheels, MOMO and DFP, but they are both way too expensive for me. Even the Drive Race FX is a little too expensive.

I wouldn`t even buy a new wheel if my handbrake button wasn`t broken.
Momo is cheaper than dfp thats why i said it anyways you could bid on one on ebay
Quote from shaun463 :Momo is cheaper than dfp thats why i said it anyways you could bid on one on ebay

Why would he want to buy a Momo? He's got a DFP thats way better than the Momo anyway.

DFP is better than the Momo, unless you get a Momo red, in that case the Red's build quality will be better.

If you want a better wheel, get a G25.
I know that but he said he couldnt afford a dfp so a momo is cheaper i didnt say better
Quote from Qvarnis :...

Ignore Harjun and Shaun neither of them have a clue what they're talking about.

There are adapters available to get Xbox 360 controllers to work on a PC (and Halo 2 has them preset on the PC version IIRC). You probably won't be able to use the Logitech profiler either which may be a bit of a show stopper. Whether it's worth the bother (or cheaper) I don't know.

Have you considered something like a the Force Feedback GP? You should be able to pick one off ebay cheaply and they're not too expensive new and should be the same wheel underneath just with FF and proper PC support.
Quote from ajp71 :Have you considered something like a the Force Feedback GP?

Thank you for a proper answer.

I do have Formula Force GP at the moment, and I love it. But the handbrake button is gone and the wheel is starting to be a little loose. Yeah, I have tried tightening the nuts, doesn`t help.

Guess wheels designed for XBox360 is a no-no, it`ll get more expensive than getting a wheel which is for PC.

And what comes to eBay or such, I have bad memories about them. It took half a year to get an Nismo gearknob shipped from England to Finland. And 3 months to get Vertex bodykit from Japan, and it wasn`t even in good shape allthough it was brand new. Also got cheated here in Finland when I was selling my ticket to Korn`s concert. Never got the money.

So a no-no to auction sites too =P

Maybe I should just stick with my old wheel, buy the S2 licence (finally!) and go to a summer job to earn money for DFP or G25 or whatever is a good and reliable wheel.
@Qvarris - I had that issue with the Force Feedback GP, with not proper bearing the plastic just wore down to the extent that it was pretty much useless then a crack developed through the stress in the back of the wheel itself which resulted in the whole thing splitting in two.

I bought a DFP after that and thankfully it has a proper ball bearing that isn't going to wear out in a hurry and the quality is in a different league. If you're going to use it a lot it's probably worth upgrading to a DFP or higher because it'll work out cheaper in the long run.
Quote from ajp71 :If you're going to use it a lot it's probably worth upgrading to a DFP or higher because it'll work out cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for this one. Looks like my christmas present list is more expensive now =D
Quote from Qvarnis :... go to a summer job ...

You're about 6 month late for that. Or early
Quote from herki :You're about 6 month late for that. Or early

True. I have been looking for a evening job for almost a month now. And since I`m 17 and I don`t have much working experience, I can`t be a shop security guy or a cashieer. Have to wait till January or something untill summerjobs starts to pop out.
I might be getting a dfp for christmas but if not im going to buy a g25 out of the money i get for christmas
I got a DFP! I've tried it with GT4 (havent been allowed on my pc cos its xmas)

Should i buy it?
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG