The online racing simulator
Round 1 : Aston Grand Prix Reverse : Post-race discussion
Ok, had a great start, overtook about 9 cars on the start finnish straight into the first chicane.... make a mistake on the last corner of lap 2, rejoined infront of RRT Rabbit, who came along-side me, then pushed me into the pitlane giving me a drive through penalty, and totally destroying my race.
=/ well i learned to never use a setup for a big race that you just downloaded 3 minutes prior to racing. some guy advertised it can do :13's but it was some lousy drift setup or something.

at least i finished! (barely)
Lol Dude Lol
Quote from MijnWraak :=/ well i learned to never use a setup for a big race that you just downloaded 3 minutes prior to racing. some guy advertised it can do :13's but it was some lousy drift setup or something.

at least i finished! (barely)

you fineshed thats what counts , i started 27th and clawed my way up to 18th had a consistent race 3-17 to 3-20 i got lucky to come 18th cos i was 20th comin in to the 1st split then s.baker i think went wide on to the grass and then the same happened on the last bend to some one else so grabbed 18th
Good race, considering i've qualified 16th and finished 12th only few seconds behind top 10.
After start i've gained few positions. Only one, who passed me throughout whole race was speedway in 3rd lap or so. After that it was only hotlapping with few unsuccesfull attacks.

Thanks to all and congrats to cP for their great triple.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Qualification:
1st place... Unexpected great result.

Race:
I had good start of race. Until lap 8 everything was ok, then front tyres gone. cP drivers passed me, so I finished 4th. Not great performance, but I'm very happy as 1st RAC and 4th overally. FZ's had advantage there. I'm looking forward to South City, I'm sure I'll be much more competitive.
Well, this was my first run in Road Sport League, so I was very careful about possible collisions and driving errors, so I didnt concentrate on fast laps.

Qual : if I remember well, I finished in TOP5

Race : I was very afraid about race start, so I was extremely careful in T1, but I got punished for this by being overtaken by some with RAC (sorry I cant recall your name at the moment). I overtook him back on next turn, as well as some FZ5 next to him. I found myself on 4th place... but I lost it, I didnt have a chance to keep FZ5 behind me on straights... P1Lot overtook me so, and in the last lap, final straight, some FZ50 overtook me too
Final postion : 7th place

It was quite nice race today, Im looking forward to SO LONG
#8 - Bean0
Although I was desperately short of practice, I had great fun.

Got involved in the minor congestion at T1 and lost a few places but battled up to 17th I think and had the smell of one more place with 5 or so laps left. Ended up pushing a bit too hard and got a front left puncture braking into the slow complex on the penultimate lap, decided not to pit as this would have left me dead last anyway and lost a fair few places on the final lap, but less than I would have if I'd pitted.
Was very happy with a 3th place quali. My strategy for the race was to watch the 2 guys in front of me drive away, instead in lap 2, Dave lost traction bigtime and I had a good chance of overtaking. But we touched and sadly I got knocked out, got the damage and got send back to 10th. Had some great fights with Spanky and Veiti and Hannu. In the last lap just before the finish I managed to overtake eraser purly on the RAC-FZ speed difference, feel a bit sorry, must have been frustrating for him . I think I could have made 4th without the offs, but then I wouldnt have had all the great fights, and 6th isnt bad in this level of racing
What a great race, here is one quick screeny
Attached images
RSWC round 1.JPG
What a great race that was. I started off OK, was catching ghost, then I made a few small errors, and I think Niki passed me. Shortly after I got a bit of grass on the tyres on a high speed turn, and lococost (I believe) came round the outside. Unfortunately I was still trying to recover the car from a slide and there was no room for us both and we touched. After that it was a great race for the top 4, fighting to get to the front.
Quote from BlueFlame :Ok, had a great start, overtook about 9 cars on the start finnish straight into the first chicane.... make a mistake on the last corner of lap 2, rejoined infront of RRT Rabbit, who came along-side me, then pushed me into the pitlane giving me a drive through penalty, and totally destroying my race.

If that my fault l am sry,but before all l will see replay. And sry again if that happen like you say.
My aim was to finish top ten given the speed of the FZ50s and others.
I was surprised to qualify 6th with a pb time
eraser was a bit too cautious into T1 and I went past and immediately on front of me NIKI had a little slide. I couldn't take advantage because I had to avoid hitting him and eraser went past again.

Lap 2 and Vain sailed by on the start/finish straight. I thought 'here we go' ratchet of the FZ50s passing on the straight and being unable to pass them in the twisty bits, but that was the only one. lococost nearly got me on the following lap the same way, but from then on there was sufficient breathing space to avoid it.

It was a good battle following eraser for a few laps. I managed to get past and pull out a gap for a while. The cars in front were increasing the gap every lap. So it went a bit quiet for me in the middle of the race.

Towards the end I could see the following cars were gaining, so I concentrated as much as possible just to minimize the closure rate. I was surprised to see Ghost_CZ had slipped up and was right in front of me with half a lap to go. He kept it together and I followed him home for 5th. I'm well pleased with that, was an enjoyable race.
I had a great race considering i thought i wouldn't be able to race due to injury.
Was having a nice little battle with Mr Funke in the early laps, then was pleased to be pulling away and keeping Hannu honest
All in, a great start to the season, well done everybody
#15 - Vain
I had a surprisingly good race.
I only did ~20-30 laps in preperation, which was sometime last month. I didn't touch this combo for a while then. I used my usual allrounder-setup combined with the gearbox of Dave's set.
I didn't get a clean lap in quali despite starting 90 seconds late into quali and only got 9th on the grid. I took 7th in turn 2 and went into 5th on the s/f straight after lap 1. Then locost had a very unfortunate incident with Dave and I went into 4th. I stayed within sight of the lead group without pushing too hard to avoid any mistakes. Then on the last lap Ghost handed me 3rd by spinning.
Surprisingly good result considering the amount of practice I had. I was expecting to be somewhere in the midfield.

Vain
Not the best race for me, however I did enjoy it.

Got a reasonable qualifying postion, tried to take T1 nice and steady but got punted up the rear, which knocked me back to 20 somthing.

Spent the rest of the race making up places and have some nice little battles with people along the way, I was getting shunted on a few corners, but I guess thats racing!!!.

A little less contact next round, and it will be a much nicer race for me.

Grats to DaveWS, hell of a race from him, bloody top notch laptime too!!!.

Also, grats to cP, looks like thats where to smart money will be placed for the team championship this season.

It will be interesting to see how ballast mixes things up in round 2.
#17 - bozo
Well, qualified in 21st place, finished in 17th. I was happy with that for the first event, it was in the points.

I was cautious coming into the first chicane on L1, and had to take avoiding action as BlueFlame came from a long way back and tried to push me into the FZ5 at the other side of me. I braked and he hit the other FZ5 instead. I lost a position, but if I'd not held back I'd have been driving a rather damaged RAC after that one.

Slowly made up some places as others made the odd mistake, and even passed somebody on the track, although I got passed by another FZ5 at the same time, so my position didn't change.

Enjoyed the race, and I'm looking forward to South City. Hopefully the RAC will help me to get an even better result there.

Well done to Dan for getting the results up so quickly.
Also, I must say grats to J Ward, highest climber for round 1, 27th - 18th isn't too shabby, well done fella
Quote from bozo :Well, qualified in 21st place, finished in 17th. I was happy with that for the first event, it was in the points.

I was cautious coming into the first chicane on L1, and had to take avoiding action as BlueFlame came from a long way back and tried to push me into the FZ5 at the other side of me. I braked and he hit the other FZ5 instead. I lost a position, but if I'd not held back I'd have been driving a rather damaged RAC after that one.

Slowly made up some places as others made the odd mistake, and even passed somebody on the track, although I got passed by another FZ5 at the same time, so my position didn't change.

Enjoyed the race, and I'm looking forward to South City. Hopefully the RAC will help me to get an even better result there.

Well done to Dan for getting the results up so quickly.

I didn't hit anyone with force at the start like you make it sound Bozo:P, I came RIGHT up the inside, 2wheels on the grass 2 on the kerb. I went outside when Tobsen and someone else tangled at the start and both slid the same way. and then everyone was just stationary, and I then i found myself beside you, who was stuck beside someone else
#20 - bozo
Quote from BlueFlame :I didn't hit anyone with force at the start like you make it sound Bozo:P

I didn't say that. If I hadn't braked when I did coming into the chicane, you would have squashed me against the FZ5 to my right. Given that the RAC is a rather fragile car, I would not have survived without damage.

You did come into the corner very fast compared to the other cars. Having a T1 incident is never a good result. I'm glad that I took the avoiding action that I did.
It was an ok race for me. I was way too nervous and made some stupid mistakes, also bumped few people (sorry for that guys ).
Overall I had a nice race and I'm starting to really enjoy FZ50 (never thought I would).
Hope I'll be less nervous in the next race
Ahhh....must have been you then .

At least take me to dinner first next time, before ramming me in the arse
Quote from danowat :Also, I must say grats to J Ward, highest climber for round 1, 27th - 18th isn't too shabby, well done fella

:em31: the last few laps my tires were in fantasstic shape , so i glided past a few cars who were strugelling , my eco driving helped me here lol good race for everyone i suppose exept jake , next round orb we will fight to the death .... or somin
Quote from danowat :Ahhh....must have been you then .

At least take me to dinner first next time, before ramming me in the arse

hahahahaha.
Dan you know you aren't like that, you are open to any kinds of suggestions
I had a terrible race. started off okay made a few pos in T1, then muller brakes on the corner at the bottom of the hill destroys my momentum, i loose a place. end of lap 1 tyres still cold went off in last corner & lost many positions. from there on in it just went from bad to worse. A few knocks & scrapes a few overtakes.

I almost got back into my flow thinking 'hey i might make some points here' when i got spun by sum1 who just carried on racing thanks a lot. after that i pretty much gave up. let the team down too. roll on round 2!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG