The online racing simulator
Perhaps inspiration for LFS?
(18 posts, started )
Just seen this on Blackhole, and I thought it was worth linking too.

Whilst not all of this will be suitable for LFS (car upgrades and what have you) imho, I think some nice things could be 'copied' from it. I realise that LFS already has many of them in it's own way, so don't pay too much attention to all of them. One thing that caught my eye was the adjustable mirrors (as suggested recently on LFS RSC), as well as a few S3 things like day/night cycles, and variable track temperatures etc.

And I hate to link back to RSC so soon, but here you go

rFactor Feature List (unofficial)

Just to clarify, I am not an avid follower of rFactor, and I have not played it (demo) so I don't know how much value this has.
ban him for mentioning rf here! j/k

nope, you are right, good idea! Why not copy something from rf, while they do it every day. scnr
Well, if LFS takes carefully chosen ideas from other games (and sims I guess ), then it means we don't have to sit here thinking of new features as much. I'd much rather play LFS with the best features from other games in it, then the other games themselves...
#4 - mr_x
i quite like the idea of a milage counter on each car, so you know how far you have gone in it, then an overall one somewhere on the car selection screen maybe

if it already exists (apart from LFSW) shoot me i must be blind
Quote from mr_x :

nope it doesn't. I like that idea too. Would be very nice
Quote from ZerFEr :nope it doesn't. I like that idea too. Would be very nice

Indeed, I'd love it !
More stats it's more happy Rudi
I have an Idea, but dont sure if this is the place apropiated to put it,
well, there goes:

I Think we can change the way to manage the cars we have to one similar to the rpg games, i mean, what if you begin with the smaller car (UF1 for example) and with the credits you earn for winning races you buy things to improve it, or other cars or something, you know, something similar to the NFS IV. Doing this you'll have your own cars, different frome the rest. I think it would be also a good idea to divide the cars in different groups (GTRs Formulas etc), and after in the servers, instead of limiting the cars you will limit the class.

PD: sorry for my english, i'm spanish xD
But doesn't that reward the best players? So how are newbies meant to get into the game if they've got slower cars? And usrely everyone will end up with the same car (just quicker than standard), so there is ultiamtely no point.

This has been discussed Trillions of times before, and most people seem to think it's a bad idea.

Copying ANYTHING from NFSU is a bad idea imo
Quote from tristancliffe :But doesn't that reward the best players? So how are newbies meant to get into the game if they've got slower cars? And usrely everyone will end up with the same car (just quicker than standard), so there is ultiamtely no point.

This has been discussed Trillions of times before, and most people seem to think it's a bad idea.

Copying ANYTHING from NFSU is a bad idea imo

I thought that there would be competitions restricted to this kind of slow cars, I mean, Servers restricted for them or anything like that
Quote from mr_x :i quite like the idea of a milage counter on each car, so you know how far you have gone in it, then an overall one somewhere on the car selection screen maybe

Just so long as I don't have to replace my tranny in 8,000 miles....
Quote from tristancliffe :Copying ANYTHING from NFSU is a bad idea imo

having all the cars from NFSU on LFS will be very, very fun
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
well, i was thinking about the cars, without body kits...
If LFS is going to steal any ideas from another sim, I'd like to see them steal nK Pro's method of damage repair and tire limitations. It would be really, really cool to have to worry about damaging the car during practice and qualifying, because if you do it may not be fixed in time for the start of the race. Ditto for tires. If you use up all your tires practicing the course and qualifying, you won't have anything left at the end of the actual race. Of course, the tires part doesn't have much value unless you have variable track temps, but I'm confident we'll see that in LFS eventually.
Still, rfacor has many featues (as considering it uis much ore finalised than LFS)
Howver, one thing still is amiis... The ENGINE temp
I cant think of one gAme where You had engine temp, and for LFS to impement it very very soon, would be a great b00st for the racers and the whole LFS comuunity
I'd like to try Nk pro and Rfactor but for Nk pro, I remember namie, and I'm not planning on trying that one again, and about Rfactor... The demo is already pretty old and what I've heard about it doesn't really make me want to download an old demo...
The rF demo was an online test. Everything is completely different in the actual game. (Even the demo car itself was changed quite a bit!) rF does not have a demo, the online test is not a demo, it is just a test of the multiplayer code.

That being said, LFS is miles ahead of rF IMHO. Although, rF is the only other racing sim to stay on my comp at this point. I tried Namie, and hated it. I tried nKPRO, and hated it too (boy am I glad I didn't pre-buy it!).

Nothing has topped LFS in my books, but rF is the second best.

BTW.... This thread is old! Shame on you newage :P
We don't need to steal from rFactor - THEY need to steal from US
LFS has the inspirations, and all copies are never as good as the original. Easy as that.
Quote from MAGGOT :BTW.... This thread is old! Shame on you newage :P

i didnt see that:doh:, i dont remember how i made to 2005 topic...

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG