The online racing simulator
Nvidia 7950 gt ko superclocked
(17 posts, started )
Hey guys!

I have a question for you. I got a 7950 gt ko superclocked(factory) and i just downloaded Ntune.So im wondering how much can i push it,of course in the safe zone.I dont know much about overclocking,but some of you do.
So does it worth a try? will i feel some difference?
Thanks,
#2 - Jakg
From my experience i got aout 635 MHz Core out of mine, but every card is different.
#4 - Jakg
With a volt-mod it'll break 700 MHz.

Idle isn't important - if i remember rightly my card idles at 56° using the stock cooler, it's all about the load temps which you'd like to keep under about 80°
Quote from Jakg :With a volt-mod it'll break 700 MHz.

Idle isn't important - if i remember rightly my card idles at 56° using the stock cooler, it's all about the load temps which you'd like to keep under about 80°

Yesterday i was playing crysis with the wintermod,wich makes the game needing more power,the card was just over 80.i didnt see any difference with 9 mhz more,so i think i put it to normal,or buying a better fan for it.
I find it's a better solution to just buy the non-overclocked version, peel off the pretty sticker on the cooling duct, and put a Type-R sticker on in it's place. Works better than the overclocked ones, but it's cheaper.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I find it's a better solution to just buy the non-overclocked version, peel off the pretty sticker on the cooling duct, and put a Type-R sticker on in it's place. Works better than the overclocked ones, but it's cheaper.

ROFL
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I find it's a better solution to just buy the non-overclocked version, peel off the pretty sticker on the cooling duct, and put a Type-R sticker on in it's place. Works better than the overclocked ones, but it's cheaper.

Remember the talk about adding Type-R stickers to your Xmod to get extra 10+MPH back on the AM forums?
Quote from MINIz guy :Remember the talk about adding Type-R stickers to your Xmod to get extra 10+MPH back on the AM forums?

Lol yea... good times :P

what? u jealous on my card? rofl
Hey jakq do you still have your 7950 gt ko? im just wondering whats the normal temp on load,coz i have Hmonitor and it says 106c° when i play lfs,which is totally wierd,coz lfs uses cpu power.I didnt try with other games yet,i didnt put any game on yet. Also my cpu temp shows sometimes over 70c°(pentium d 3.4,dual core,with termaltake big typhoon<-- not the best but :shrug are these temps are Ok? it bugs me
Those temps are very high, I've never seen 100+ on a gpu. Clean out the dust from the fans and heatsinks with a vacuum cleaner. You might consider also adding another fan in your case to improve airflow.
i cleaned everything out when i added a new hdd for new xp(1 week ago) but yes im going to buy a good fan. Btw,the fan at the back of the case should be pulling in air or out?
#14 - Jakg
I don't have it anymore (she died a long and painful death), but at load it was about 70 with the stock cooler and 60-ish with the water cooling.
Quote from Jakg :I don't have it anymore (she died a long and painful death), but at load it was about 70 with the stock cooler and 60-ish with the water cooling.

ah sorry to hear but i think i solved my problem,after playing some lfs i saw it was 112c° O.O i took the card out,and i was shocked of the amount of the dirt inside the wents (i just cleaned the fan on it,while it was in the pc,didnt see the dirt in it. Now im running 47 c° on idle which is 20c° cooler now(stock fan) but if it goes high ill buy a vga cooler(goes in pci slot under card.has 2x8cm fan on it) But thanks for answers folks
To answer your question about which way the fans should be blowing, look at a diagram of my system's fans. All the fans blow out except for fan 1. With that config, my system stays very cool, around 30-40 degrees. The fans are all 120mm, so they are very quiet, I don't even hear them.
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
yeh i see now,i switched them,they were wrong,but i dont have a front fan,i should make 1 but i dont know if i have room there.btw my system works pretty good now,except that pentium D's run hot either way. Oh and my vga card runs 60c° cooler now on load
thx again for that info

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG