Forum Q [about infractions]
(22 posts, started )
Hey all. Just a confused Celt here.

I don't get the infractions system.

Can anyone explain it to me?

DK
Infractions system? As far as I know, we don't have one.

We have several states of user:

Demo User
S1 Licenced
S2 Licenced
S3 Licenced
Developer
No Longer Welcome

And that's it I think. If you don't want to be banned, then don't break the rules (like cracking, swearing, spamming [too much], abusing, or hacking). Also, if your name is Phlos or Kidcodea then you stand a greater than average chance of becoming No Longer Welcome.
#3 - Bean0
No infractions system in place here. If it was, you would see a small yellow/red card icon to give people infractions close to the RTM icon.

It can be set up to auto ban/suspend/move user to another usergroup when they reach so many infractions, but in most cases it is abused.
Bean0 - You mean like this one?

Tristan - having an infraction does not affected your (primary) usergroup, and thus your forum title is unaffected. The list you typed is of the usergroup titles, rather than the usergroups themselves.

The infractions system here is only for use by mods and admins. It is currently configured to either remove your ability to create new threads, or to post at all, depending on the level of infraction awarded. From the user perspective, there is nothing to worry about (unless you receive one).
Attached images
redyellow.PNG
#5 - Bean0
Quote from Bob Smith :Bean0 - You mean like this one?

Tristan - having an infraction does not affected your (primary) usergroup, and thus your forum title is unaffected.

The infractions system here is only for use by mods and admins. It is currently configured to either remove your ability to create new threads, or to post at all, depending on the level of infraction awarded. From the user perspective, there is nothing to worry about (unless you receive one).

Thats the little fellow.
You can see our IPs as well it seems.
Thanks Bob

That's cleared it up now

DK
Quote from Bob Smith :Bean0 - You mean like this one?

Tristan - having an infraction does not affected your (primary) usergroup, and thus your forum title is unaffected. The list you typed is of the usergroup titles, rather than the usergroups themselves.

lol how many times have i been under watch? with over 2000 posts, i must've done something along the way to get flagged.
#8 - CSU1
By whom are infractions handed out, if it's the soul choice of one mod I don't think its fair as one persons opinion will differ to the next.

Should there not be a voting system whereby if a user or post is reported by x amount of people an infraction is then applied, this would also take the headache away from a mod trying to explain why the infraction was issued in the first place?

E:
I assume they are calculated based on reports, but i just think an explanation of how the system works is needed so users don't get grumpy twords mods.
#9 - dadge
UBER BUMP LOL but it's better than starting a new thread i suppose.
Quote from tristancliffe :Infractions system? As far as I know, we don't have one.

We have several states of user:

Demo User
S1 Licenced
S2 Licenced
S3 Licenced
Developer
No Longer Welcome

I didnt think s3 exists yet??
bob post that pic again of the user groups.
#12 - CSU1
If i buy s1 again will that work?? s1 plus s2 equals s3??
#14 - CSU1
Quote from danthebangerboy :I didnt think s3 exists yet??

I don't know if you still can, but you use to be able to prepurchase the S3 license. Tristan use to have S3 under his name, if I recall.
Quote from mrodgers :I don't know if you still can, but you use to be able to prepurchase the S3 license. Tristan use to have S3 under his name, if I recall.

Doesn't "being S3 licenced" only mean that you put the amount needed to buy S3 in your account at lfs.net?
Quote from mrodgers :I don't know if you still can, but you use to be able to prepurchase the S3 license. Tristan use to have S3 under his name, if I recall.

Nope, he had it in his signature, his status always was S2...
Correct - I had an extra £12 sitting in my account. But it was never 'official', and since the high-res skins thing and buying a couple of vouchers for demo users I've not kept it on there...

But I wouldn't be surprised if "S3 licenced" is already programmed in, just waiting for a time it'll be used.
@CSU 1

there are several infraction levels (as outlined in the forum announcement)
Quote :1 active infraction is a warning
2 active infractions denies thread creation
3 active infractions denies posting abilities
4 active infractions means a temporary ban

Every infraction is active for 7 days.

Whenever somebody is given an infraction they get the reason they were infracted in a PM. Each mod will give out an infraction as needed. If it turns out to be the absaloute wrong decision then the infraction would be removed after discussion... although i dont recall their ever being an infraction that has not been deserved.

and yes.. their is an S3 License option in place. but it obviously is not in use
Quote from franky500 :and yes.. their is an S3 License option in place. but it obviously is not in use

You should put it under the name of a forum regular for 1 day and see if anyone realizes it.
Quote from zeugnimod :You should put it under the name of a forum regular for 1 day and see if anyone realizes it.

OMG, massive riot breaks out! Don't do that!

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG