The online racing simulator
#1 - Misko
Couple of questions about dedicated host settings [solved]
I've set up a dedi host on my machine to try out several things about it and I have few questions:

How is it possible to change the name of the host that appears in the connections list in game? I've seen several hosts did that but I have no idea how. There's a host.ply file in misc folder of the dedi and also a mention of it in cfg.txt but changing those did nothing.

Dedi host also includes langage files. How to select them? Not that it is important but it would be nice.

I've noticed that loading autocross layouts works only in S2 mode. Back in S1 days I'm sure I've seen some objects placed on BL track to prevent cutting and going wide but I can't remember if that was in demo or in S1 mode. Is this deffinite that there's no way to use autocross objects in demo at all? I ask because I heard in autocross section of this forum someone mentioning the "version of the layout that works in demo" and wondering if he knew what he was talking about. I guess he didn't.
#2 - Blues
#3 - Misko
Thank you very much, I've read the readme. Now read again carefully what have I asked.

Btw, info in link is quite old, doesn't include all the commands.
You need to change the cfg file and restart the server. That should then pick up any changes - including the name.

edit: the cfg file maybe treated like the bans file - so try stopping the server, changing cfg then restarting the server.
#5 - Misko
Yes thank you, that did the trick, just like the normal LFS' cfg. Silly me, didn't exit the host while I changed the cfg file. I even found the translation entry in there.
#6 - Blues
Quote from Misko :Now read again carefully what have I asked.

No, I don't want to do that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG