The online racing simulator
WTCC - The good luck of the champion
Yeah, Andy Priaulx becomes WTCC champion again thanks to the TDI engine of Y.Muller I think this is the good luck of the champion. Definitely, he is the king of the touring cars. I enjoyed last race a lot, it was exciting for me, but I dind´t like how Y.Muller pushed A.Farfus and destroyed all his expectations of becoming champion :bump:

BTW, do you still think diesel is not only for trucks? Ask Y.Muller
yeah i was a nice race to watch ,
and that dutch guy , tom coranel wassen't that bad at all,
maybe a bit good luck for him.

greets,

Reintjan
#3 - J@tko
Woo - Well Done Andy.

3 times in a row.:static:
Quote from NitroNitrous :Yeah, Andy Priaulx becomes WTCC champion again thanks to the TDI engine of Y.Muller I think this is the good luck of the champion. Definitely, he is the king of the touring cars. I enjoyed last race a lot, it was exciting for me, but I dind´t like how Y.Muller pushed A.Farfus and destroyed all his expectations of becoming champion :bump:

BTW, do you still think diesel is not only for trucks? Ask Y.Muller

Sounds to me like karma came back to bite Muller then, I like Priaulx, nice chap, works hard, and gets rewarded for it with a bit of luck.
Priaulx is incredible. 4th international title in a row, 3 wtcc titles. What a professional to maintain that high standard and winning mentality over such a period, truly Schumacher-esque.
Will he, or James Toseland for that matter, even be considered for the BBC's sports personality of the year? No.

Oh, and iirc, it was Tarquini that "took out" Farfus in race one, except he didn't. Farfus moved off line to defend the inside in the short run between the first 2 proper corners, and Tarquini's nose was already there.
The WTCC was quite amazing this year. One of the better series out there. I think the BTCC and WTCC are on the same page.

Congrats to Andy Priaulx for a 4th title and 3rd WTCC championship in a row.
WTCC is imo way ahead of BTCC. It doesn't need a bunch of drunk hooligans to make an exciting race.

Priaulx is an awesome driver and I've always supported him in WTCC, He always looses when i watch the race live though
I'll never understand the rules. BMW makes the best car and after a few races they have what.. 70kg added weight to stop them from winning? I find it so odd that manufacturers support these rules. Then the diesel ''dubious'' affairs.. Touring car racing puzzles me!
Excellent racing. First time I have watched a full season of WTCC, very enjoyable. Great effort from James Thompson all year.

Ps what a great circuit Macau is. And I thought South city had some hairy corners
Quote from sinbad :Will he, or James Toseland for that matter, even be considered for the BBC's sports personality of the year? No.

You are so right! Maybe it is because his name sounds French but joking aside I think Andy deserves to at least be nominated. Three WTCC titles in a row is quite an achievement. But i guess Lewis Hamilton is desting to win it this year... the hype over Hamilton makes it difficult NOT to pick him.

mad
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I'll never understand the rules. BMW makes the best car and after a few races they have what.. 70kg added weight to stop them from winning? I find it so odd that manufacturers support these rules. Then the diesel ''dubious'' affairs.. Touring car racing puzzles me!

Me neither. Why does the driver and the team be punished for constructing the best car? And what good did diesel engines do?

Personally I prefer DTM. The weight penalties are more reasonable, and there's a lot more action on track.
Quote from hyntty :
Personally I prefer DTM. The weight penalties are more reasonable, and there's a lot more action on track.

DTM? More action on track than the BTCC? Don't make me laugh.

I don't think trading standards are doing their job in the UK. Why didn't they impound the DTM cars, it's a massive con - they aren't proper touring cars when they only part that is from the road car is the roof panel ...
There's not really much action on the track in the DTM. At least not for a touring car championship.

There was more "action" off-track than on-track in the last season.
Quote from zeugnimod :There's not really much action on the track in the DTM. At least not for a touring car championship.

There was more "action" off-track than on-track in the last season.

There were more Audi's off-track than on.

I think its madness that they gave BMW such a big disadvantage, I think Andy even suggested they wanted a new champion and tried to fix the results by making it nearly impossible for a BMW to win.
The added weight is just to bring things to the same level. Better results = more weight. But then you see a truly talented driver still beat the others with such a handicap.
And when you're too heavy and others win, you'll have less weight and they will have more for the next race anyway.
Quote from duke_toaster :DTM? More action on track than the BTCC? Don't make me laugh.

Well funny you should mention it... I don't know what happens in BTCC because I've never seen a single race in my life. No tv-channel airs such races. I wonder why...

And I still believe Dtm is entertaning. There is enough action, both off- and on-track. And it is German precision, so what could go wrong?
Quote from hyntty :Well funny you should mention it... I don't know what happens in BTCC because I've never seen a single race in my life. No tv-channel airs such races. I wonder why...

Because it's a national championship. You can find the races off Racing Underground though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG