The online racing simulator
BMW M3 Challenge Competition
(33 posts, started )
#1 - halo
Hi,
You may know about the sim "BMW M3 Challenge".
They decided to organize an on-line racing competition.
Sim is free.
For those interesting, lots of info & download link is below;

http://www.m3-challenge.com/index.php?id=2&L=0

Edit:
(Mods can delete this thread since it is outdated.)
Too bad the physics are awful.
#3 - halo
Yes, physics is not good and car handling is quiet numb.
I like it, it is very funny and exctiting
I hate it! the physics are stupid! You can't push on that game, it's just ridiculous.
#6 - JJ72
I actually think it's pretty good?

At least for me I think the consistentcy at the limit and how it response to driving input is pretty good, and it's less understeery than the C6 corvette mod for Rfactor.
Because they gave the car extra downforce, and the center of gravity is too low. Well, that's what I heard from somebody..
I can't imagine anything having more understeer than that M3.
Quote from Forbin :I can't imagine anything having more understeer than that M3.

Do you use steering wheel? My M3 is quite neutral and oversteers a lot if I press the gas too much
Quote from NitroNitrous :Do you use steering wheel? My M3 is quite neutral and oversteers a lot if I press the gas too much

It's exactly the opposite: Massive oversteer if you let off the throttle (somehow never spinning, just sliding sideways) and massive understeer on throttle...

Only when you feed in the throttle, you can call it handling somehow... Pause the feeding in or let off and you get one of the above situations once again...

It reminds me of a car in LfS I got to drive quite often recently (training for a league race), do you want to know which one?
The UF1000...
Quote from bbman :...do you want to know which one?

Yes

Maybe the steering wheel setup? What you are describing does not happen to me
What i find is it has stupid braking understeer, mad lift off oversteer, stupid feeding throttle understeer and then if you give it more to get out a corner properly you get oversteer like a bitch. somehow i found a neutral point but it's not worth th time and effort, since i cant drive legally i cant win that M3 so i wont bother.
#13 - JJ72
um..sound stupid but all aids off already?? with stability control it's fool proof but very very numb indeed. turn it off and it behaves like a modern road car does - entry understeer, controlable lift-off and steering induced oversteer - and generally you get understeer on throttle, which is normal, but if you really give it stick it turns into oversteer quite easily.

for a road car I feel it's pretty spot on.
Quote from JJ72 :um..sound stupid but all aids off already?? with stability control it's fool proof but very very numb indeed. turn it off and it behaves like a modern road car does - entry understeer, controlable lift-off and steering induced oversteer - and generally you get understeer on throttle, which is normal, but if you really give it stick it turns into oversteer quite easily.

for a road car I feel it's pretty spot on.

Same here. About the only thing it does if you leave the aids on, is understeer. But when the aids are off I find it behaves quite naturally. If it had more decent FFB (aka RealFeel) I'd be even happier.
arent the lap times way too fast though? how fast do roadcars get around the nurburgring in real life?
Quote from yoyoML :.... But when the aids are off I find it behaves quite naturally...

Yeah, I supposed all racers here in this forum play this game without any aids... don´t you?

I don´t know real lap times Gabkicks
i dont use aids .

I think the main reason i dont like it and can't really get to grips with the car is because of the FFB tbh.
Well I thought it was the nicest simbin game i've played anyway, good fun especcially for a freeby.
I'm considering giving this a download, but I don't wanna waste time on something I may not like when I already have rFactor for offline racing against the AI and LFS for online racing.
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Somebody have more tracks for this game?

The only one I could make run is Nordschleife. There are some people who could play in Spa Francorchamps and Laguna Seca, but I don´t know how.
Well, the car has been exported to GTR2 and that way it's much easier to try it on different tracks and setups. Haven't really bothered to drive it that much since I don't like the default setup at all and I'm way too lazy to spend many hours tweaking it just for the sake of occasional hotlapping.
The Beemer isn't good. It defies (sp) various laws of physics. Most obvioulsy are the downforce levels of a few hundred kilos at 250km/h which is ROTFLMAO material. Then there is the centre of gravity that is 10cm too low, almost as rofltastic.

It may be some fun, but its not half as realistic as even the ISI engine (not liked here..) can be
maybe someone can redo the suspension/physics of the m3 for rfactor?
so... has anyone redone the physics and released this car for rfactor?

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG