The online racing simulator
Only 160 to go.

Been doing skins for the past few days so no time for racing.
You`ll get there soon
Race the XR GT since it gives more points compared to the XFI.
I've always driven the XRG. Never liked the XFG.

Even in the old days of the STCC when you had to drive a FWD car until you got bronze. I was driving with the UF1. Got to 300 and then it was XRG all the way. Although that is propably the reason why I am getting close to silver only now.
Is this commonplace?
I know I've been a little inactive until the last couple of days, but theres a problem with race 2 server.

Its only when trackchanges take place, and its certianly not the racing, the racing was as close as ever over the 2 nights Ive driven this week

Its also been mentioned before I'm sure, its when changing configs, everyone often has to go into the garage screens to change car, find a set, add fuel etc. Now either a few people join the grid as soon as everthings loaded and click ready, starting the race with many still in garage screens (I can live with that although 3 players were racing last night with 8-10 waiting to join (personally I would vote re to allow all to race if I were in same situation)).
The real problem is if you change car/set fast enough and actually join the grid, or wait to change sets once your in the grid list, 1 or more people are removing players from that list, Its happened 2 nights in a row and its the most annoying thing you can imagine not to mention underhanded.

I would rather start last, than be removed from the grid and have to sit out the first few laps.

Although I had some great races and caught up with some familiar faces (literally :P) an otherwise enjoyable 2 eveniings entertainment at CTRA 2 was spoiled by this player ot these players actions.
Its happened at every config change, not just a one off, and if its meant to be jovial "just messing around" its not funny stop it please! (aimed at player not ctra staff)

Race2 server is for more experianced (higher licenced?) drivers and the standard of racing is increased and expected, please dont spoil it

a slightly dissapointed SD.
#30 - SamH
Yep Dave, it's been driving me mad too. Last time I raced on there some SOB removed me.. I sat out of a 9 lap race, seething.

There's no way to prevent them at the moment, and no way to detect who they are. I've hinted to Scawen that I'd give him a kidney, just in case he ever needs it, if he'll gimme the ability to detect the culprit. I swear, if I ever find out who it is who does it, I'm banning them outright with no opportunity for reprieve.

Empathically,
Sam
Yeah, I totally agree. I HATE to be removed from the starting grid right before the race starts, sucks big time imo
Pissing me off tbh.. Most of the time it seems to happen to those people who did well in the previous race and were fast enough to be in the top of the grid when the track changed. I've got a couple of possible names in mind but as Sam said nothing can be said for certain..
That's really not on. Surely the LFS developers can come up with something to identify who's doing this. On the surface it looks pretty easy but I'm no coder so what do I know
A other thing that happend twice today is when one person desides to start the race 10 sec after a track change, got really pissed off when that happend. But it`s good it doesn`t happen often.
what i do to prevent this, is join the race afap and then
join the pit.

sometimes it helps, because if enough people do this, the quick-starters can´t start the race...

ok, if they then start to remove drivers from the grid there´s
nothing you can do, but i´ve never seen this on race2 or ss2 so far...
#36 - SamH
There are two future solutions to the problem. One, that Scawen will change the way things work so that (here's proposal #1)...

Server config option:
/delaystart=n
// Delays the start of the first race by n seconds. This way it doesn't matter how many people are on or off the grid, the race will not start for n seconds after everyone's clicked ready on the End Race screen.
CTRA option: (in Becky's to-do list)
Pre-race practice after track change. After a track change, the CTRA system will initially enter a practice session (0 laps). After 1 or so minutes, the system will set the number of laps based on the number of cars practicing on the track and races on the new track will begin.
Unfortunately, neither of these solutions have known ETAs at the moment.
Quote from SamH :I swear, if I ever find out who it is who does it, I'm banning them outright with no opportunity for reprieve.

Can you do it statistically?

Just analyse the first race of every track change that has many spectators and few drivers - should not need too much historical data to figure out the culprit unless its several
Yea, I'm sure it would be possible to come up with a list of strong suspects. For instance, who just happens to be on pole each time it occurs, but that's no real proof either. Prevention of the act itself would be a much better cure though.
If any admin ever does manage to narrow it down to a single culprit, he should be ruthlessly perma-banned and his license name shared with other respectable servers to add to their banlists.

This is the kind of dirty, unsportsmanlike conduct for which players should just lose LFS priveleges entirely. To hell with all of 'em.
I did notice this for the first time the other night when someone commented about it in chat during the race change.

I also agree with the above posts entirely concerning a ban, as far as the race starting early it is a total pain in the %*"$ when you see 3 cars out of 12 connections race off into the distance but usually they do vote to restart pretty quick.
Hmmmm never witnessed it before. But last night on CTRA 2 there was a guy who kicked us all out. He delayed the start time by it. Good thing Sam was there. The Culprit is up for a suprise. Sam when you know who it is let me know. He wont enter the HR server anymore.
Thats becoming more and more of a problem. I am thinking it's because more and more people are realizing they can do it =/

Hopefully there is a solution soon =)
Quote from Viper93 :Thats becoming more and more of a problem. I am thinking it's because more and more people are realizing they can do it =/

Exactly. I had absolutely no clue that it was possible for non-admins to do that until I saw it discussed on the CTRA forum
I don't get it. What is the benefit of doing this? The more the merrier, I'm very happy these days to see the race 2 server populated, I even got in the situation when the race was full - could not join!
That means I can enjoy good and clean battles back for the entire race down the grid where I belong.
You could answer more points - yes, that could be but silver license grants enough points for race 2 so points chase should be over by then? Don't look for points, let them come to you by clean racing and enjoy the trip - that is the race that matters not the end position.

Thanks all for the races in race 2, much more difficult for me while cleaner - real fun!
I managed to get online last night for the first time in a while.

Some great racing was had at Westhill and FE Green in the TBOs. Some hard battling and a little bit of contact, but clean, fair and great fun.

Sadly I also fell victim to the phantom grid remover between tracks
Oh I would love to join the race 2 server.. I've been driving for ages and I'm not even half-way the bronze license (?!).

I pay money for this game, I'm fast, but I'm not even allowed in a decent public gtr server.
Quote from Mille Sabords :I don't get it. What is the benefit of doing this? The more the merrier, I'm very happy these days to see the race 2 server populated, I even got in the situation when the race was full - could not join!
That means I can enjoy good and clean battles back for the entire race down the grid where I belong.
You could answer more points - yes, that could be but silver license grants enough points for race 2 so points chase should be over by then? Don't look for points, let them come to you by clean racing and enjoy the trip - that is the race that matters not the end position.

As far as I know, the big GTR's require a golden licence and you need a platinum licence to join the stcc league, but that of course doesn't change anything as far as your point is concerned.

I also can't understand why people spend so much time on earning points, seemingly "pointless" because it's just a number on a screen, at least in my eyes But well.. just my 2 cents.

250 pts to go for me

edit: Woa, darkone's Ctra-Stats are weird I guess someone doesn't like him too much :P
Quote from Mr.Muh :
edit: Woa, darkone's Ctra-Stats are weird I guess someone doesn't like him too much :P

They can't handle complaints I'm affraid. I offered some critisism and a statement in my licence image once, and they weren't happy.

Btw, while I'm posting here, just a question:
Why is it that it's now way harder to get a better license then a year ago? I hear people that it wasn't as hard as it is now? Why is that? Isn't that unfair to the people who discovered CTRA later, or those who were inactive?

I really hope I get something of a reply.
I've noticed a gradual change in me. I am now getting my kicks from the racing and not the points. This might also come handy if I get to silver...
But there is always the nagging though of LOSING points. Because of this I try to race cleanly.

59 to go. Unless I do something stupid...
#50 - SamH
Quote from Darkone55 :They can't handle complaints I'm affraid. I offered some critisism and a statement in my licence image once, and they weren't happy.

Btw, while I'm posting here, just a question:
Why is it that it's now way harder to get a better license then a year ago? I hear people that it wasn't as hard as it is now? Why is that? Isn't that unfair to the people who discovered CTRA later, or those who were inactive?

I really hope I get something of a reply.

We can handle complaints just fine, thank you. We don't need reminding of your methods of complaining. Do you really want to rake that all back up?

It's harder to earn higher licences than it used to be. At one time we had to relegate a bunch of people because they had gained a higher licence than their driving ability or behaviour should have allowed. When we launched the X-System, we paid particular attention, refining the points calculation algorythm to prevent the same problem recurring. The points system is what it is, and we're happy with it in the main part.
Quote from March Hare :I've noticed a gradual change in me. I am now getting my kicks from the racing and not the points. This might also come handy if I get to silver...
But there is always the nagging though of LOSING points. Because of this I try to race cleanly.

59 to go. Unless I do something stupid...

That's good news, IMO! The racing should be the priority rather than the points. I understand that in Race 1, it can be very much about the points. Once you get to Race 2, though, it's a very different environment. The racers are all exceptionally clean, good fun to compete with, and all very friendly as well. It's great fun in Race 2. Race 1 is fun too, but the difference between the two seems massive to me

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG