The online racing simulator
Go Kart
(161 posts, started )
Go Kart
Hello people, just before i start, say anything you want if it makes you feel happy

I would really like to start karting again, after having a nasty accident in one of those last year, my dad has said, go-for-it.

I have around £200, and my dad probably has around....£200 , that leaves me around £400-£500....

Most of you would know that i live in U.K (England), so ordering of the internet would be preferable, unless there is a good shop somewhere in Hertfordshire, i will also be going with my 5 year old cousin who willl be getting a kart too (but forget him for now )

I am 13, turning 14 in May, so i was wondering if i should buy a chassis (adult? i am quite big ) and then like, a Rotax engine, my brother has said that i wouldn't be able to drive Rotax, only Junior Max, but that has a Rotax engine right?.

If someone could kindly point me into the direction of some cheap 2nd hand kart, i've seen a nice 100CC Rotax on EBAY £250 buy it now, just needs enging bolting on chassis, and it's done ...

Thank you very much.
Harjun.
I don't think you can race competitively with such a low budget.
Quote from hrtburnout :I don't think you can race competitively with such a low budget.

Generally that's true, but my dad has out-raced BMWs and the like on the highway with his '89 Pontiac TransSport minivan. It's all about the driver
but, can you just explain to me....this has a 100CC Rotax engine, another Kart for £2000 has the same engine, fair enough, thats like, immaculate, and has stickers and everything, and this is just a little red thing....but i can easily just buy new covers, my dad will probably spend a lot more on tyres etc.....its just a Kart i need, a fire proof suit i have from last year, which prooved handy, my helmet is too small, and my shoes are too small, but still, that extra what, £100 on tyres, plastic cover, stickers, brakes, nicer chair etc.....i will have, just need a £400 engine on a chassis
Quote from harjun :I have around £200, and my dad probably has around....£200 , that leaves me around £400-£500...

If your dad asks for a refund from the 4th cleverist school in the country you might be able to race
Quote from harjun :but, can you just explain to me....this has a 100CC Rotax engine, another Kart for £2000 has the same engine, fair enough, thats like, immaculate, and has stickers and everything, and this is just a little red thing....but i can easily just buy new covers, my dad will probably spend a lot more on tyres etc.....its just a Kart i need, a fire proof suit i have from last year, which prooved handy, my helmet is too small, and my shoes are too small, but still, that extra what, £100 on tyres, plastic cover, stickers, brakes, nicer chair etc.....i will have, just need a £400 engine on a chassis

Lots of, commas, and hard, to, read but good, luck, with it, all.

Quote from Stang70Fastback :Generally that's true, but my dad has out-raced BMWs and the like on the highway with his '89 Pontiac TransSport minivan. It's all about the driver

Priceless.
Not forgetting a trailer, a car to pull the trailer, spare parts for when they break/fall off/ get crash damaged, time for your Dad to take you to tracks, entry fees, insurance, fuel, back-up....

Come on, be serious, if anybody could race on a budget of £400 we would ALL be doing it!!!
-
(harjun) DELETED by harjun
Quote from Bladerunner :Not forgetting a trailer, a car to pull the trailer, spare parts for when they break/fall off/ get crash damaged, time for your Dad to take you to tracks, entry fees, insurance, fuel, back-up....

Come on, be serious, if anybody could race on a budget of £400 we would ALL be doing it!!!

my dad has a ford Galaxy, will EASILY fit in that as i've said i only need an engine on a chassis, for £400
Quote from harjun :
Well that lasted VERY long didn't it?

So did your more 'serious' posts.

Quote from harjun :my dad has a ford Galaxy, will EASILY fit in that as i've said i only need an engine on a chassis, for £400

And if I was your Dad, I would certainly NOT let you NEAR the inside of a new (ish?) Ford Galaxy with a greasy, oily go-kart!
Quote from Bladerunner :So did your more 'serious' posts.

And if I was your Dad, I would certainly NOT let you NEAR the inside of a new (ish?) Ford Galaxy with a greasy, oily go-kart!

He lays down an opened up cardboard box and has one in the back of all the cars boots, and obviously there will be one in the back....duh.
It didnt take long for you TWICE

You said sorry twice and still havent changed.

Also, please remove that PM...the whol point of PM's are they are PRIVATE Messages...

Edit: it lasted 3 weeks which is how long I have kept a load of bottled up shutt I wanted to blurt in a thread but didn't..so yes, not a very long time...bu still a long time by some peoples standards...
well think you could have bloody kept the little bone shoot shtut when this is my first new thread in a few months?
Quote from harjun :when this is my first new thread in a few months?

What! This is the 14th thread you've started since the start of October!
Quote from Bob Smith :What! This is the 14th thread you've started since the start of October!

i was wondering if there is a way in banning some people to post in my threads, just about 3 or 4 people will CHANGE EVERYTHING....
I'd look in the classified ads on various kart websites (karting.co.uk has one I think), perhaps on Ebay, and perhaps by going to your nearest kart track during a race meeting and seeing what people have on sale, and generally ask questions. Someone, somewhere, will have a kart and engine for sale they want to get rid of...

I'll put a pic of you karting as my avatar if you manage it
Add me to your ignore list..I'm so close to adding you to mine.

LMAO @ Tristans comment.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :skill.

nope...first Rotax is expensive, with that 4000 euros u can get only one go kart... then the tyres? u need different ones for every race... mechanics? u can do that or your father, but seriously i dont think u can make that GL btw
Quote from tristancliffe :I'd look in the classified ads on various kart websites (karting.co.uk has one I think), perhaps on Ebay, and perhaps by going to your nearest kart track during a race meeting and seeing what people have on sale, and generally ask questions. Someone, somewhere, will have a kart and engine for sale they want to get rid of...

I'll put a pic of you karting as my avatar if you manage it

Thank you very much Tristan for your nice comments . I really do support you, you know why? because you really reming me of my brother (23yrs old), he's just naturally really funny like the comments you make, and used to race in single seaters, but now does drifting.

I know i will manage it, my dad has "words" with my uncle about buying me and my uncles son a kart to race . I know that you can't get competitive with a £400 kart, the Junior Max which i have bought last year was around £800-£1000 ...but thats gone now , and the only thing i could sell of it was a brake disc, 2 pairs of slicks, and the wheel i kept....

@the_genral fnoewjfoiwj...is it if you put someone on your ignore list they can't post in your threads?! i wonder what happened after the countless times i've been, "close to being on yoru list" lol....nub
Its Lee not fnoewjfoiwj

Your close to...but your posts are classic! I dont know why I waste my money (Yes mine, not my dads) on DVD's etc when I could just revisit the threads you make...but you havent made any for a few months so I'm out of luck
i thought it was 2 weeks...you have the memory of a goldfish on your own life, but mine.
What?

Do I have to explain everything to you?

I am in danger of getting a bollocking from the Mods and tbh I really dont want that. I would like to think I have kept my nose clean but you drive me insane.

What I meant by my post was...According to you its been a few months sinec you started a new thread.

And who has the memory of a goldfish...you'll find it was 6 days ago not 2 weeks you melon.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHH(LOLS TO DEATH) 200£?:ices_rofl:ices_rofl
dude, seriously , 100cc air cooled karts are history we had one when i was new and we sold it for 3500€ few months later so, if u wanna start good think of 1000£, or u buy a 4 stroker (wich i also have atm, but in parts). But u probablt wont find many places were u can drive the thing.
Best-Thread-Ever....
edit: btw if u wanna do cometition dont think u will have enough with (+-)2000€ for one season(sry dunno the right amount in pond
edit2: u have any pictures of ur brother driving the single seater cause i dont rly believe it....

Go Kart
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG