The online racing simulator
#1 - CSU1
New P2P app for S2 members[Movies&Skins]
I am calling upon anyone experienced designing P2P applications for use within a closed group ie. S2 members. A P2P media sharing system would far outrun any of the numorous 'file sharing' web sites currently offering free downloads at horribly slow speeds, and I feel could give a new edge to our members.

Problems; as far as I can see a applying a P2P application for use within a closed group could be tricky, the designer WILL need an updated list of our members, or the application would require that the user IS an S2 member registered @lfsforum.net

Formats; Four only, PNG, BMP, Jpg and discussion on the best format for movies I'm sure will follow.

With all of the above on-board, every S2 member will have exclusive unlimited access to high resolution/High definition media content for their favourite sim!

Let the pro's and con's discussion begin>>>
con's --> 0 seeders xD Actually I dont know...
Let someone more knowledgeable than me explain the con's and pro's
For images, surely any reasonable server would do. What if I made section on my FTP server for which I distributed the username and password, where people can browse and add content but not remove? In fact you could just browse through the web interface so the FTP would only be needed for submissisons. No worrying about seeding and downlosa speeds should always be reasonable.

How much demand for this is there? Would it get used much?

My server isn't substantial enough to handle movies though. With KeMoT coming back to LFS, maybe the movies pit will open again.
#4 - CSU1
...yep images is no problem. My point with this is; at this point in time it would probably make more sense for mr.x to pop the three an a half gigs of LFS movie in the post.

If every 'LFS' server where to dedicate a very small amount of bandwidth through a common LFS P2P application the result would be a HDmovie/hi-res skin service for licence holders

To be honest I don't know if the security/planning of such a service is worth spending time on, but, I shure would like this kind or extra with S3...Say what!?

...say, HD movie's n' skins on demand. for free too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG