The online racing simulator
GTR vs TBO
(30 posts, started )
#1 - VoiD
GTR vs TBO
The last days or weeks CTRA2 seems to be dominated by GTR´s (subjective to me). Nearly everytime I want to race there´s a GTR-race in progress.
Could you please explain why..?
(I thought it was a "fair 50-50-chance" which class is selected by X-System...)
every time i want to join, there´s tbo´s time

what i do then: join one of the ss-servers and raise your ss-licence

(because i don´t like the tbo´s anymore)
Yesterday I`m sure there were like 8 races after eachothers where it was TBO cars. I think it`s eighter random, or it choses from a list that is 50% TBO and 50% GTR cars.
There is a list of tracks with the class it runs that is about (maybe not precise I never counted them) 50/50 and the X-System picks randomly off that list.

When patch Y comes out we will try seperating these servers again.
I do miss being able to drive the TBO whenever I want =) Though the practice in the GTR's on slicks is valuable practice that I have not really done well. Maybe it will help my bigger track issues in the TBO's =)
Quote from Becky Rose :There is a list of tracks with the class it runs that is about (maybe not precise I never counted them) 50/50 and the X-System picks randomly off that list.

When patch Y comes out we will try seperating these servers again.

You meaning there will be a race 2 GTR server and a Race 2 TBO server? Well of course they probally wouldn`t have that name, but anyway, adding a extra server so those cars can be separated into different servers?
#7 - SamH
Quote from The Very End :adding a extra server so those cars can be separated into different servers?

Yep, so TBO runs on one server and GT2 runs on another
That would be great!
#9 - VoiD
Quote from Becky Rose :...When patch Y comes out we will try seperating these servers again.

Quote from SamH :Yep, so TBO runs on one server and GT2 runs on another

Good news. Nice to hear that.
Quote from SamH :Yep, so TBO runs on one server and GT2 runs on another

Great, looking forward to see that happen
The point system will be the same, meaning you doesn\t get more points runing TBO instead of GTR cars?
#11 - SamH
GT2 and TBO are both CTRA licence cars, so points earned in either server would go towards your CTRA licence.

When we first launched the X-System, GT2 and TBO were separated. Numbers were low in the GT2 server, so we merged the two. I think GT2 has begun to gain a following now, however, and we've also returned TBO to Silver licenced racers. Because of these changes, we think separate servers are now more feasible
Should be, or at least imo :

Race 1 - For non lisence -> siler
Race 2 - Silver -> platinum
Race 3 - Platinum -> top

But thats sooo imo
It might work. Worth a shot. It might deflate the whole second tier entirely again though. But nothing thats not recoverable =)
I don't think this licence system works anyway. Most people have prior experience with stronger cars, but are forced to race with the weaker ones just to get access to servers.
#15 - Nobo
Yeah agree, want to drive those GT2 cars but need to drive those slow cars which i ....hate!
Scoring an average of 1 Point per race....that means over 600 races to get access, which i will probably achieve in the next century
There is a reason why your getting one point a race. The front drivers are earning ten times that and over. There is something you are missing that they have.

To put it bluntly if you cannot competently drive a slower vehicle enough to earn the points then you shouldn't be in the faster one.
viper, i´d 100% agree with you, if the person you are talking
about wouldn´t be my team-mate aldi (nobo).

he´s able to drive a FOX or FO8 super mega fast. mostly faster
then i´d ever be able to and i´m really not the slowest around.

and i know driver who are able to drive a GTR car very fast
and secure around a track, but who are not very fast in the slower cars.

anyway, even if aldi is one of the faster ones in common, i think
there´s no way to help him outta this. thats simple the way it is atm.
I'm not in any way directing this at Aldi, but I have to say that some of LFS' so-called top drivers in LFS best teams would not, how shall I put this, "get an STCC event licence."...

You learn vital skills in the slower cars, absolutely vital skills, that you do not learn in the fast cars. If you are fast in fast cars but no good in slow cars, then there are gaps in your knowledge when driving fast cars. Learn to race the slower cars and you will find that you can drive the faster cars better too.

You cant build a house without foundations.
Quote from LordBlaster :viper, i´d 100% agree with you, if the person you are talking
about wouldn´t be my team-mate aldi (nobo).

he´s able to drive a FOX or FO8 super mega fast. mostly faster
then i´d ever be able to and i´m really not the slowest around.

and i know driver who are able to drive a GTR car very fast
and secure around a track, but who are not very fast in the slower cars.

anyway, even if aldi is one of the faster ones in common, i think
there´s no way to help him outta this. thats simple the way it is atm.

Have to agree. Aldi is a very quick driver and really impressed us when he helped us out driving our GTR car in MOE.

I think he just needs a bit more seat time in the TBOs and the pace will come. He certainly has the talent.

Sorry for talking about you as if you're not here Aldi
#20 - Dru
I too struggle with the TBO's

I can drive the single seaters repectably and the GTR's (well the GT2 ones anyhow)

But the TBO's - nah I'm awful at them.

I went on race 2 last night with some of the HR boys.

We were doing AS4 in the GT2's

Altough i could competatively race them i nthe similar GTR car, the most fun I had was trying to keep up with them in the UFR

I forgot how quick that little car is unrestricted
TBO`s are great cars too drive but hard too handle. Unlike the gT2 class wich was quite nice last night. We even had a HR/Dru sandwich last night with some mayonaise on top .

I am not good at TBO but its all in the game I guess. TBO is a very nice competive car and is lovely too drive but so bloody hard too handle in corners. Onces you have that under control its such a good car.
#22 - SamH
I also struggle with TBO, as anyone who's ever sat down to an STCC broadcast will surely attest.. but I really must agree with Becky. Genuinely GOOD drivers can drive anything fast. At least, fast in comparison with those around them. I'm bloody fast in a GTR (I licenced in ConeDodgers without actually putting in a fast lap, for me..) and although I never race online in it, I pwn in the BF1. But in the slower cars, I always sucked.. and it's because of this that I knew there were big holes in my driving skills. I knew it anyway, but getting in an underpowered and "loose" slower car bore it out with foghorns on.

The process of earning a gold licence, for me, is one of my major achievements in LFS. From here on, I do honestly consider it pretty well plain sailing to Platinum and beyond.. but the run from Copper to Gold will always be where I got my grounding in driving skills. (even if they ain't that good now, they're buttloads better than they were!)
I can't drive anything quickly, I'm just consistent, and persistant. (and perspire a whole bunch, but that's for some private forums)
The only car "hard" to handle from the TBO is the XRT (just let go of the gas and get some grip back!). But the RB4 is pretty much unspinable and the FXO only gives you understeer problem. At least that's how it goes for me.

Maybe it's actually easier driving with the mouse since you can turn the virtual wheel faster?
Quote from SamH :I also struggle with TBO, as anyone who's ever sat down to an STCC broadcast will surely attest..

Quote from SamH :
I'm bloody fast in a GTR (I licenced in ConeDodgers without actually putting in a fast lap, for me..)...

ehhh isn´t it still 1.44 for national? this is not fast at all
this is just to keep the total noobs away from CD2

sorry for beeing this OT, but i HAD to quote this...

anyway, i think aldi is very able to learn to drive these cars fast.
its just he´s not motivated enough, because he don´t like to
drive them

GTR vs TBO
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG