The online racing simulator
Quote from Primoz :Hm... Just thought about this. Most people get a FPS drop when in AutoX, right? Well this could probably be blamed on the waste open space and the need to render everything. But in AutoX there are only small objects. Add a lot of buildings and you'd need A LOT of CPU power. Theoretically an open SO would work, but with a supercomputer.

I don't have a FPS drop :/

85 constant...
#27 - JTbo
Quote from Primoz :Hm... Just thought about this. Most people get a FPS drop when in AutoX, right? Well this could probably be blamed on the waste open space and the need to render everything. But in AutoX there are only small objects. Add a lot of buildings and you'd need A LOT of CPU power. Theoretically an open SO would work, but with a supercomputer.

I don't think that object size actually matters as you can have small cone with more polygons than big building and more polygons = slower performance. Of course amount and size of textures is affecting performance too.
Quote from Primoz :Hm... Just thought about this. Most people get a FPS drop when in AutoX, right?

I actually gain FPS there. On the normal race tracks, I get between 20 and 30 FPS. On AutoX, I get constant 35 FPS.

Yes, I know, its bad, I have a crap PC.
Quote from jmkz :we could just pretend to race an LFS version with all the improvements mentioned in this forum; when I was a kid, I would sit in my chair, turn my imaginary wheel and make car noises.

I've been known to do that at 32 years old
#30 - JTbo
Quote from jtw62074 :I've been known to do that at 32 years old

Ahahha, I stopped that when I entered teenage, well almost, in some rare cases I may fall bit too deep to my imagination still illepall
One way to render a track efficiently is to break it into sections along the length of it. I.e., there might be 20 sectors from the start line back to the finish line. When you're in sector 5 you render the stuff in sectors 4 and 6 (ahead and behind you). This is very efficient for a sim like LFS where the circuits are all closed and there's no branching off. If this is how it works, I can see why it might not be possible to take a right on a road on sector 5. You don't ever proceed to sector 6 or 4...

I don't know how it works in LFS, but maybe it's something along those lines, which could make it not really possible.

That being said, I'd have a ball with such a "track" too. Would be fun
Well the more the objects, the less FPS i have on AutoX. In the best cases, it's about the same as on a track. Weird.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG