The online racing simulator
LFS Speed Comparison
(99 posts, started )
#76 - Jakg
There was a race 2? I didn't know, shame, as one of my best tracks is SO2...

I was joking, btw...
#77 - Jakg
Quote from Dajmin :Maybe I should trade you the XRG for the FXO since I suck less in that one

I know you were joking, but after just trying he XRG i'm up for it if you are!
Quote from slogan :sever name and code....??????

bye....not coming no sever name , pass
dudes, it's not for another 2 1/2 hours. lots of people are on the noobs server atm practicing.
Ziggy made me sign up because apparently there might some cars with no drivers (and he desperately wants to hang out with me on the server).

Username: Kalev EST
Realname(if possible): Kalev
Car: Any car left available. I can be a reserve or something in case needed.
Oooorrr.... you could accidently ban Niko and let me drive the RB4.
Why that car: Good question.
#82 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :I know you were joking, but after just trying he XRG i'm up for it if you are!

Seems that Dajmin doesn't mind and we've swapped - he's running the XRG and i'm in my FXO.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
I'm coming!!!
Event is Starting

server: LFS speed comparison
Password=speed
Sorry guys it ran a lil late i cant make it have to do to much al of a sudden so maybe you guys can find another guy

And i trained myzelf silly at FE black for onee intire day
This thing was really fun. lol i drove on mouse, couldnt use wheel, sorry for all hits i blame mouse
It was fun to race with niko

I hope you guys get some movie out of those replays
Yes, that was good fun. Some really close finishes. I hope you have material for a good video.
That was great fun!

There was 1 attempt there where it was going to be absolutely perfect. There must of been 10 cars in a pack going onto front straight but unfortunately it ended with a crash

would love to see this replay if anyone has it or has autosave on

There were a few problems as thought..
- tweaker you were correct Fern Bay black is too narrow.
- People were not paying attention when griding up.
- Drivers making mistakes (we are all human :shrug

Improvements for next time..
- A quicker way to order the grid preferably
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=33293
- A wide Track bawbag suggested Westhill
- Most Consistant driver (track change will help)

I'd like to thank everyone that came along!
stay tuned for Attempt II..
Quote from Arrow. :That was great fun!

There was 1 attempt there where it was going to be absolutely perfect. There must of been 10 cars in a pack going onto front straight but unfortunately it ended with a crash

My bad noodles! Damn had a great exit from the last corner, seeing everyone piled side bys die ahead, gap on arrows left and he closes it with about 50mph speed diff. Nah, was great fun though, and i'm surprised this was the only real accident that happend.
This event needs fast and consistent drivers that wont push it too hard that they mess up in the dirt or something...

Aston's track width can fit roughly 6 1/2 cars wide comfortably on the straights, maybe 7 cars. In a turn, people would probably only be comfortable with 3 wide .

Westhill's finishing straight (gets wider near the pitwall) can squeeze in about 8 1/2 car widths... so that is a lot of room. A shame Westhill looks like crap, but it could very well be suited for it. Would be cooler than watching Aston I think (Which is a boring track). The normal track width of Westhill is like 7 cars wide.

So I'd suggest Westhill then.
Quote from mcintyrej :Brilliant? . Although I did have a lot of fun driving and making! I was in the green FZR, totally level with Bawbag on the line in his FO8.

Not really impressed with the video myself, but hey, short production time, so what

But Jack replied to my comment about the fast playback....

Why don't you do it like all the other real vids, where one car goes, and the camera watches -that car-, and then the next.... etc. So you get a feel of how slow/fast each car is in different sections of the track. Then show the progress of the cars behind catching up. All pretty simple.

The video on Bathurst is a perfect example. And you don't need a music track in my opinion.
Finish on that race was great, you just should use slow motion on end i think.
did anyone save all replays or have auto save on?
Quote from Tweaker :Not really impressed with the video myself, but hey, short production time, so what

But Jack replied to my comment about the fast playback....

Why don't you do it like all the other real vids, where one car goes, and the camera watches -that car-, and then the next.... etc. So you get a feel of how slow/fast each car is in different sections of the track. Then show the progress of the cars behind catching up. All pretty simple.

The video on Bathurst is a perfect example. And you don't need a music track in my opinion.

Bathurst video only has 3 cars though, if only 3 cars were in our video I could do that no problem. However, since there are so many cars in our version its hard to track them all.
Pretty neat!

Agree with some video thoughts, you need real time to appreciate the true time lapse between the starters.

Perhaps (?), maybe just one representative from the TBO and GTR classes? They seem to loose time fighting one another through the lap.

I agree that the finishing situation at AS GP (rev) would be ideal, but it was neat to see the race happen on FE Black.

Good Work Guys!
Any news on the "real" video? Or won't there be one?

LFS Speed Comparison
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG