The online racing simulator
Auto Indicator switch off
(8 posts, started )
Just made a little applicatoin for those of you that get annoyed with the indicators staying on for about 3 laps haha!

To turn on the indicator, simply use the command
/o indicator left
OR
/o indicator right

After a set amount of time, the indicator will automatically switch off (defined in the setup.txt file).

default config:

InSim_ip = 127.0.0.1
InSim_port = 39999
InSim_pass =

// indicate timeout is in seconds
indicate_timeout = 20

// indicate settings (if you dont have standard LFS settings)
indicate_left = press 7
indicate_right = press 8
indicate_off = press 0

Download: http://www.livetocruise.net/indicator.zip

Uploaded updated version: now works on mutliplayer - oops
Nice one kram!

'Insim not open'

Am i missing something?
Quote from RacerAsh3 :Nice one kram!

'Insim not open'

Am i missing something?

You need to type

/insim 39999

or a different port number, if you have changed it in the settings.txt
Can you detect steering angles via InSim? If so, it might be a better idea to simply wait for the player steering to pass a certain threshold value and when he straightens out the wheel again you turn the indicator off, just like it works in a real car.
Quote from AndroidXP :Can you detect steering angles via InSim? If so, it might be a better idea to simply wait for the player steering to pass a certain threshold value and when he straightens out the wheel again you turn the indicator off, just like it works in a real car.

i was olso thinking of this
Quote from AndroidXP :Can you detect steering angles via InSim? If so, it might be a better idea to simply wait for the player steering to pass a certain threshold value and when he straightens out the wheel again you turn the indicator off, just like it works in a real car.

I did have a look, but, I dont beleive its possible! .

I would have thought outgage would have this info, but it doesn't. I'll check the other packets
Slight bug with the system, doesn't work in mutliplayer :P. Fixed, shall upload tonight

edit: new version uploaded - use same download link above for latest version
Updated so if you press the /o indicate # when the indicatori s already going, it will cancle the indicator!

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG