The online racing simulator
how to make layouts...
(19 posts, started )
how to make layouts...
i searched for this and got no results no matter what i tryed...i drift in Rl and want to make some layouts to resemble some tracks i like...how do i do this?
1. start a single player game on the track of your choice.
2. once the game has started and you car in on the line, press SHIFT+U. that will take you into the editor.
3. Press V to swirch between aerial and ground view. The keys required for placing objects should be listed on the top left of the screen and the list of objects themselves can be selected from the drop down menus on the top right (ramps only available on Blackwood). When you place an object it will have an orange dot on it. click on this dot and it turns yellow, you can now hit DEL to remove the object. left click and hold to navigate yourself around the track, Right click and hold to change your view.

Save your changes and press escape to test what you have done. at any time while in the editor you can use SPACE to toggle between showing the menus and the orange dots on or off. Useful when you want to take a screen grab of your handy work for this forum.

Your layouts will be stored in the <LFS_FOLDER>\data\layout folder.

to select a layout from either a dedicated nogfx server or from the connection list screen type:
/axlist = lists layouts available
/autox <nameofyourlayout> = loads <nameofyourlayout> objects for that track

Note.

If you use either the Blackwood Carpark or Autocorss, make sure you at least have a finish line!!

Have fun.
im trying to make my own layout's but for some reason when im on the track and press ctrl+U nothing happens:S

do u have to download this editer thing? and were can i get it?
Shift+u
Quote from Ingolf :Shift+u

ty
my bad, sorry!
I unpacked the files in data\layout but where can i choose tracks i don't see them in te car park selection stuff?
#8 - Jakg
Quote from Private[BE] :I unpacked the files in data\layout but where can i choose tracks i don't see them in te car park selection stuff?

to use the editor you have to be an s1/s2 license holder
Quote from Jakg :to use the editor you have to be an s1/s2 license holder

Yes, but i want to ride on the track!
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Private[BE] :Yes, but i want to ride on the track!

demo users cannot use layouts or the editors
is this available in the demo?
causeI can't find it...
please read again!
Quote from Jakg :demo users cannot use layouts or the editors

#13 - Jakg
Quote from Falcon1 :is this available in the demo?
causeI can't find it...

as i said before, you need to havea n s1/s2 license to do it
nvm i figured it out
I've been hacking away at an auto-x layout of my own and it's one I have actually driven but I've run into a snag. I'm having alot of difficulty getting the course to the correct scale.

Is there any easy way to measure the distance between objects in the editor? I have a map of the course with distances drawn in from one of my walks.
Move cursor to the place you want to start measuring and press D, then move your cursor to the place you want, and you should see meters at bottom right (im not sure, if i'm right.)
well.. i'm doing my first layout now but i wonder how i get the objects to the track? i can get them so i move around them but what button i need to push to get the object stay at a position?
push the O button on the keybord, the one next to the I and P
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
Excellent, thanks for the help.

how to make layouts...
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG