The online racing simulator

Poll : Should statistics be saved per driver, or per license (user)?

USER: Allow one account per license.
PLAYER: Allow multiple accounts per license.
LFSTeamManager - Handling Accounts - VOTE!
I am not finished my LFSTeamManager quite yet but it is starting to come along nicely. I am at the point where I really need some suggestions, and I had guessess it would go in Improvement Suggestions since this manager will improve the quality of online racing, but it is an AddOn and so here it is... What I need from opinions / suggestions about is how I should make the statistics of a driver be saved? Should I save them to the USER (license) or should I save them to the PLAYER (driver). The player can change since the license may be shared between siblings / parents etc... (Only 1 person online at once). But also the same person may have multiple player names and forget to change them. This would really upset people who forget to change them back.

Also banning will automatically ban the license so that a wrecker can't simply create another "player" account and wreck again... It stinks to do it that way, as other family members/players may be banned when they didn't do anything, but anything less would allow wreckers to keep wrecking. PLEASE give me your input, and I hope to launch this system by March 2008, or sooner. Any other ideas you think would be nice to implement please say them...

Note to mods: If this isn't the right place please move it, but please put it in a place where it will get some attention.
I was hoping for at least some more voting action to go on, especially with 57 views... But I guess 8 to 0 is enough to make my decision. It is finalized as only 1 stat tracking account per licensed user, and if other players play on that license, the stats still go to the same user... If you have a really good reason to go against the flow of water please post it here. If its good enough I'll talk with you and see about it. But I am going to start developing this part of the system tonight (4 hours from now...) So thanks to those who left input, for those that viewed but didn't vote - I am sorry you felt to lazy to click the mouse an extra time to get your voice heard... Best of luck to all!
what is lfs team manager?
I speak only for myself, but, I honestly seen the title of the thread and thought "ooOOoo" but when id finished reading the opening post I was a little "eh?". Im sure its nothing to do with lazyness, but there are a lot of other threads here.

This may sound too dumb.. But.. LFS Team Manager.. I guessing its some sort of management tool for teams.. But how does it do what it does? Any kind of incite into this might help (me) and anyone interested in this..

Thanks.

EDIT: I didn't vote, as I didnt feel I knew enough about the project to vote.
EDIT2: In Short...

Quote from Smurfen :what is lfs team manager?

Exactly!
#5 - Stuff
Well, my first piece of advice would be to post in the programmers section as this is not an add-on yet but more of how to do the programming..

Anyway, why not both? If you do it both you would basically being using the user id (always unique, never changes, primary key in a db concept and the way LFS does it) but also be storing the player's name for statistic purposes. Allow the manager to sort by either one. For banning, have two levels. First would be a spectate ban (no racing) then if they won't shut up or whatever, ban from the server. Another idea would be to have passwords you manage associated with each player name. If they don't type in the right password, back to user id mode.

Overall, just ideas and it is a program. It can be as stupid or as smart as you make it.
Well thanks for the replies, about doing it both ways; it would be much simpler to make it so that users only have one account per license so if most everybody says that it is better that way then it will save me time... I didn't say that because I didn't want a biased result.

I know I didn't post much about the application, but thats because I want it will be a complete surprise to the community. It is in a way a "Team Managing" application, but its more of a server system like LFSLapper I guess.

As far as posting here instead of the programming thread, I wanted response from users, not programmers. And since this will be an add-on I would assume this was the next best place to put the post.

About the password idea, I wasn't really worried about players from the same user account playing on others players accounts from the same license; It's not a problem but I know there are a few things I need to deal with. I won't get into details about that since that would be for the programming thread, and I am just here for ideas and concepts. Thanks for the responses...
I guess the result speak for itself
Yup, all done not allowing multiple accounts per license because theres a small loophole people would exploit to make their stats seem better then they really are...

LFSTeamManager will be renamed at sometime, and will have more info when it gets closer to release.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG