The online racing simulator
Kegetys' Ghost Car v1.0 for S2
(191 posts, closed, started )
#1 - (SaM)
Another wonderful application made by Kegetys, download here. It displays a ghostcar with a path that shows acceleration of the ghostcar. See attached previews.
Attached images
ghost1.jpg
ghost2.jpg
ghost3.jpg
ghost4.jpg
Cool Very nice downloading
Can't wait to try this! This is something that people have been asking about for ages now. I can't believe some of the things Kegetys can do with LFS.
Downloading now. Looks VERY promising! Great job Kegetys!!!!
That's great, thanks Kegetys.
Ok, i did what i was told in the readme. I start up lfs, and it crashes. It crashes when loading textures. Ill try redownloading another time, but for now i got to sleep .
i load lfs.exe and then load LFSGrun and type in /ghost on ... but when i race couple of laps no ghost ?
#8 - 5T3PH
Looks like u gave the LFS devs less work to do for S3
Quote from naskavu :i load lfs.exe and then load LFSGrun and type in /ghost on ... but when i race couple of laps no ghost ?

rtfm!

/ghost on - Enable ghostcar recording & playback
/ghost drawcar - Toggle ghost car drawing
/ghost drawpath - Toggle ghostcar path drawing

straight from the readme, nice and clearly

-J
E: and you don´t need to run lfs.exe, place the lfsgrun.exe in to your lfs main folder and start lfs by using it.
It freezes my vid card on both LFS 0.5P and Q, right at the start of lap 2, when the ghost car should first appear.

A64 3500
X800P
256MB of 3200 DDR
Audigy 2
WinXP SP2
Xbox controller with XBCD drivers
The error message is STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)
It's incredible! Works for me very well.

For those who have problems: you need to type
/ghost on
/ghost drawcar
/ghost drawpath (if you need)

Maybe Kegetys would also make a night mod with pure programming (not textures editing)?
Amazing! This nice piece of work already helped me improved some of my lines and braking/acceleration points.
Hehehe, this is awsome. Everything that the devs don't have time to or refuse to implement simply gets hacked into the game
Amazing!!! Really Amaizing!

One problem: when i start it, my ghost car was very-very bad.. hmm texturized? Textures from my game window. GhostWay wasn't
But after Shift+F4 & Shift+F4 all OK. Beauty GhostCar & wonderfull GhostWay! THANKS!!!

One ask: it can be great to load as a GhostCar WR replay!
I like the look of those screenies I'll give this a shot for sure ...
Quote from Breizh :It freezes my vid card on both LFS 0.5P and Q, right at the start of lap 2, when the ghost car should first appear.

A64 3500
X800P
256MB of 3200 DDR
Audigy 2
WinXP SP2
Xbox controller with XBCD drivers
The error message is STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (Q293078)

Yes, same thing happened to me and another guy. We both had nvidia cards, but since you have an ATI we can rule that out as the problem.

Please check if it only happens the first time! I gave it a second shot and it didn't crash anymore.
I don't know the error message on the blue screen, because it rebooted immidiately.

Maybe everyone who gets crashes/bluescreens/reboots can post his system specs, so we find the problem.

Mine are:

XP64 3500+
GF 7800GT
1GB DDR400 Ram
nForce4 Ultra chipset
Audigy soundcard
DFP wheel
Is this the problem?
"A video card with Pixel Shader 1.0 support is required"
Runs fine on my machine, ATi card here.
This is great work, really enhances the fastlapping experience, and a great aid to improving laptimes, and making it more enjoyable.
I would suggest that the 'ON' options are the default position though when you run LFSG.exe, so pepole don't have to type
/ghost on
/ghost drawcar
/ghost drawpath
:up: Good work:up:
Well, the card supports Pixel Shader 3.0, so i guess it supports 1.0 as well
Wow, looks very sweet!

Does he never post his own apps here? It always seems to be someone else making the threads for him...
well, tested it some time ago...
really nice!

and it's enough to type
/ghost drawcar
/ghost drawpath
when starting LFS via LFSGrun.exe.

big hand to Kegetys...
you are dev-like
Wow, how does this app work??
whatta mother FFFFFFFFFF !"#$#$&"!!! fukin YEAH!

now were talkin'
suberb job kegetys.
you just saved scawen another headache topic!
Quote from GP4Flo :Wow, how does this app work??

with outsim and a DirectX "gateway" (proxy-dll for dx)
==> http://www.proxy.mikoweb.de/index.php
hes gonna get hired soon going like this!
this is hotlap heaven.

just lapped 5 laps and everything worked flawlessly. even got split differences to ghost car displayed!!! thank you so much.

besides the known near distance trembling bug, this is perfect. even got the long requested near distance fadeouts! (customizable via cfg)

WOW

***** stars KEGETYS!
This thread is closed

(191 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG