The online racing simulator
addition of WTCC style cars
(10 posts, started )
i think these would be a great addition to LFS, preferably 2 cars, one RWD and one FWD and saloons.

anyone who has watched WTCC knows the closeness of racing these types of cars give, and having one of each drive type would make for interesting battles as different cars have the advantage in certain areas of tracks.

appologies if this has been posted before
I think it has been suggested many times before, but certainly, I would love WTCC style cars @ South City long..
Not too much different from the current GTRs? i was watching the V8 supercars the other day and i noticed the perfomance was similar to the current GTRs. I dont know how fast the WTCC cars are but once the physics get updated we might see more closer competition between the current cars.
i guess you'll have to wait for the announced rally pack for that.
Quote from inCogNito :i guess you'll have to wait for the announced rally pack for that.

Announced?
#6 - ajp71
Quote from sil3ntwar :Not too much different from the current GTRs? i was watching the V8 supercars the other day and i noticed the perfomance was similar to the current GTRs. I dont know how fast the WTCC cars are but once the physics get updated we might see more closer competition between the current cars.

No comparison, WTCC cars will be marginly faster than BTCC cars, which are no way near GT3 cars which are alot slower than GT2 cars. You could look for laptimes but I don't feel bothered atm

Seriously though we need big old barges, muscle cars, Morris Minors, Austin A35s and Big Bertha, give me them and improve the overall feel of LFS to that of the Papy engine and I will be very very satisfied
Everybody has own wishes. I want some 300-400hp rwd racing cars with aero. I want some 800hp prototypes with rotary engines and huge grip. I want some decent rwd racing rallycross cars. Also a formula with no wings and "little" power.

After these you can have the physics updates
Here are some lap times of FIA GT and WTCC for comparison. This year pole position laptimes in Oschersleben:

WTCC: J. Müller - BMW- 01.31,772
FIA GT: Michael Bartels - Vitaphone Maserati - 1.22,991

So, there are about 10 seconds between FIA GT and WTCC cars. Why? Because WTCC cars do only have about 260 bhp.

Would be really nice to see someting WTCC related in LFS.

Greetz,
Warper
Quote :Would be really nice to see someting WTCC related in LFS.

take the XRT RB4 or FXO and put the slickmod and you will have WTCC style with a bit less power
WTCC generally are 4 doors cars and they use some aero. So the slick mod by my standards of accuracy doesn't come close.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG