The online racing simulator
Alonso and Mclaren Split
(145 posts, started )
I know what you mean keiran, the gullible police need to be called out.
Quote from keiran :What you’re describing is no different to what it's probably like in any other country. In the UK we have had to endure with Button mania for years and now Hamilton has come along they've totally forgotten about Button. I'd say it's even worse now because now they're behind a driver who is doing well so it's practically the `ITV Lewis Hamilton show`...

The worst thing is it has brought a lot more spectators to the sport who are only watching it because an English driver is doing well. I can't help but laugh at some of the conversations I hear customers at work having, a lot really have no idea. One firmly believed that Lewis Hamilton's car had been `turned down` so Alonso could beat him...

Lol, you are describing just the same that has happened in Spain in the last years. Spanish TV is completely biased towards Alonso and lot´s of new fans have arrived to F1 without having any idea of racing. They are pretty used to football and think F1 is just the same (the famous Alonsomaniacs)

Anyway, I´ve seen some ideas from English guys that are wrong. Lot´s of pple says that Alonso asked the team to have a better car than lewis and that Hamilton had to let him pass.

That´s just not true. Alonso has been asking just two things: Not to share his telemetry with Hamilton and that he can make his own tactics. Basically he didn’t want Lewis copying him when they were rivals for the title.

I know Alonso has been whining a lot this year, but the truth is things were so bad that his family and friends were watching the last races from the Renault box. It´s easy to say that Ron gave them the same car but, honestly, it´s hard to see Alonso´s mechanics working with the same passion as Lewis one´s.

I just want to point something. McLaren has lost one of the best guys setting up the car and next year the will have $100 mm less to develop the car due to the fine. Maybe (this is my opinion) Ferrari will have a easier year than they think.
Well everyone says that Alonso needs to feel loved, otherwise he doesn't do well in a team. I just think he didn't fit in at Mclaren, and started getting annoyed and complaining about little things because he wanted out. I liked Alonso when Schumacher was around, but towards the end I kind of missed Schumacher, and I still do. Its mad because I hated him for ages, but I kind of understand him more now, and wish he was back racing.

Anyway back on topic, I have no idea who will sign for Mclaren, but I hope its someone with a long F1 history, rather than another rookie.
just quickly glimpsing at posts here, whats so special about Kovailainen really? I mean, Fisichella definitely was equal to him. IMO, theres nothing special about Kovailainen.
If you followed F1 you'd see a) how quick he was last year b) how many difficulties he had at the start of this year and c) how much quicker he got at the end.

But you obviously don't have time to follow F1 with your heavy training schedule and self-promotion for sponsorship to get to F1 yourself. I look forward to seeing you compete against him

Oh, and it's Kovalainen I believe
Quote from tristancliffe :If you followed F1 you'd see a) how quick he was last year b) how many difficulties he had at the start of this year and c) how much quicker he got at the end.

But you obviously don't have time to follow F1 with your heavy training schedule and self-promotion for sponsorship to get to F1 yourself. I look forward to seeing you compete against him

You know, I'm sick of your bs. My bro told me about something that sometimes, certain drivers who are envious that perhaps there is another younger guy who seems to have the facilities to get into racing and actually has a proper chance getting somewhere like F1. Oh yeah, and then theres just that fear of losing to that person so better be sure that I demoralise him to make sure he doesn't get in.

I'm not as stupid as you think and you may think I'm paranoid but I can clearly read between the lines of your recent posts so tristan, go on then, demoralise me some more but I suggest to you that you try and focus on getting quicker to ensure maybe a slither of a chance against others.

Oh yeah! sorry, just 1 more thing, compare the post count . I don't think I need to add anything to that.
/popcorn
This? :munching_
Hmmmm. I am quite quick in LFS (considering how infrequently I play it at the moment), and I'm getting a lot better in real life. Remember, whilst you talk about racing and getting into F1, and getting stupid ideas about sponsorship, I am out there racing.

Would I be envious of you if you got pretty much ANY paid drive? Of course, and I've been open about that from the start. But right now there is nothing to be envious of - you've done a kart race. Whoo.
Quote from tristancliffe :Hmmmm. I am quite quick in LFS (considering how infrequently I play it at the moment), and I'm getting a lot better in real life. Remember, whilst you talk about racing and getting into F1, and getting stupid ideas about sponsorship, I am out there racing.

Would I be envious of you if you got pretty much ANY paid drive? Of course, and I've been open about that from the start. But right now there is nothing to be envious of - you've done a kart race. Whoo.

Well, considering that you have over 8k posts, I'd say you're doing more talking that racing and for your information, as I'm writing this post, I'm actually working on my driver profile and have already created a helmet design and will start on my own website tomorrow. So you're 26 and still in F3!? sheesh! thats old and considering Sato who started karting at 19 and got to F1, I'd say my chance of getting to F1 is waay stronger than yours, oh yeah, and I'm 17 btw so according to the average of how long it takes a driver to get to F1 and a bit of luck which we all know about, I should be between 21-22 when I get to F1 whilst with you, your best bet is 28 (which if we were honest is too old to start in F1) and thats if you race in GP2 next year and smash the competition which I believe won't happen since you can't even win an F3 race and at clubman level.

Oh yeah! I thought I should mention to you, my performance was either equal or better than my competitors in those few karting races I've done when they've been racing karts for over 6 years, among them, a couple of national rotax champions and thats karts, little machines that I don't really focus on much.

See tristan, I never wanted to mention all of this, despite the fact that I was so effin pissed about your harsh remarks and I did let out a bit in that post but only stated that you're being very discouraging but when you like to take swipes at people, when people respond that 9/10 times they will reply with harsh hurtful comments. I thought you'd know, I mean, you're 26 aren't ya? should know these kind of things.
Is that also something your brother said?

But PLEASE, nevermind me! This can only get funnier by the minute...
I'm 26, and I race my own 'classic' F3 car. I'm not being paid. It's not a very very modern car (though it is carbon tubbed). It's club racing.

However, it is racing, which is more than you are doing. I am WAY closer to getting to F1 than you are right now, as I have first hand experience of racing cars, racing conditions, vehicle setups etc. So don't try and turn the discussion around

I do a lot of talking at work. I do a lot less at home, as I don't have time to post or play at home right now.

You are working on your driver profile? But you've done no driving? Does it read "Name: Leprekaun, Age: Whatever, Experience: No, Ability: Unknown"??
You've done a helmet design? It's a good job you've got your priorities sorted. Many a driver nearly stumbled at the first hurdle because they thought about getting a car/drive/team before sorting out their helmet design. You were lucky. Lewis Hamilton would have won 164 F1 Championships if he'd sorted his helmet design before he was born.
And I already have a website, so I beat you there too.

Just to confirm: If you make it, which you won't, I will be eternally and insanely jealous and I will not pretend otherwise. But until then I'll enjoy giggling in your general direction.
Tristan, you outclassed him I'm afraid.
See tristan, each reply that you post up just proves my point even more. Keep on talking about how sh*t I am, how hopeless, how I won't get to F1 and how idiotic I am as a person. At least that way, you're sitting on yer arse while I'm actually making continuous effort to get into racing.
I've never said you were sh*t. You might be great! But first you need to drive a racing car to find out.
You are full of hope. It's misplaced hope, built on nothing but childish dreams rather than concrete fact, but it is hope.
You won't get into F1.
Thinking you will, or that you'll get sponsorship before you actual race IS idiotic.

I can tell you that whilst I sit on my arse knowing I'm already racing. I know I won't get a paid drive. I know it won't become a career. And I know it'll cost me a lot of beans, even if I get a sponsor or two in a few years time (v. unlikely). But my god it's fun.

You should try it!
To be honest, as much as I would support Tristan in formula 1, almost nobody on this forum's is going to be racing for cash, Just think about it, we all get enjoyment from playing a game, Do you think real Drivers waste their time posting on forums about their progress or about how good they think they are? Tristan is good, there is no doubt about it, and another part of the whole package of Tristan, is he doesn't just know how to DRIVE a car, he knows how to fix it aswell, To be honest, It wouldn't suprise me if he did his own pitstops
Quote from Leprekaun :See tristan, each reply that you post up just proves my point even more. Keep on talking about how sh*t I am, how hopeless, how I won't get to F1 and how idiotic I am as a person. At least that way, you're sitting on yer arse while I'm actually making continuous effort to get into racing.

so here i am, trying to read up on all the latest F1/FIA gossip, and once again i end up reading a bunch of crap about the unrealistic hopes and dreams of some kid who doesn't know how to take advice.

why don't you shut up and prove yourself instead of sitting on your arse? everyone is tired of hearing about how you are going to be the greatest racing driver who never sat in a race car. why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

oh ya, you don't have any money.
I was exactly the same as you Leprekaun, I thought I had what it takes, I owned at public karting every time I went. I got a 100cc Kart, and I knew then real-life racing wasn't for me. I was that same arrogant, I WILL BEAT YOU ALL AND I SHOULD SUCK REALLY.. kinda guy. And now I am eating everyone elses words. I didn't like the thought that I didn't enjoy racing... I know I don't get the same buzz other people get out of it. And from the age of 5 I always thought I would enjoy racing. Turns out, unless you try it, you never know.
#94 - axus
Leprekaun, what Tristan is saying is more along the lines of "do some real racing before setting your hopes high of a career in motorsport, especially F1". Because there are thousands and thousands of tallented drivers that you're competing with. You need to have backup so that if it doesn't work out, you can still make yourself a good living doing something else. Hoping for a career in F1 on the basis of a few kart races and ignoring other things in your life is... just childish.

EDIT: Anyway though, seeing as you're getting into karting quite old... just out of curiosity, how much do you know about cars? How they work, setting up a car, and all the technical stuff? And the theory of driving? Because you can bet your ass Sato had read thousands of pages on the theory of how to get a car around a track as quickly as possible to shine through as a tallent when he started.
Quote from Leprekaun :you're sitting on yer arse while I'm actually making continuous effort to get into racing.

By drawing a helmet? When I was a kid I used to draw aeroplanes but it didn't get me any closer to being a fighter pilot.
Quote from BlueFlame :I was exactly the same as you Leprekaun, I thought I had what it takes, I owned at public karting every time I went. I got a 100cc Kart, and I knew then real-life racing wasn't for me. I was that same arrogant, I WILL BEAT YOU ALL AND I SHOULD SUCK REALLY.. kinda guy. And now I am eating everyone elses words. I didn't like the thought that I didn't enjoy racing... I know I don't get the same buzz other people get out of it. And from the age of 5 I always thought I would enjoy racing. Turns out, unless you try it, you never know.

I know I can sound arrogant but that was not my intention, the reason why I mentioned that I equaled or bettered my competitors in those few karting races was to defend the fact that I have some ability. I know some people don't like the fact that some people can be obsessed with the concept of winning but truth is, its a natural human trait of all of us, its just stronger in some than others so yes, I always aim to win and I've always believed ever since the young age of 4 that I felt that I had something over my competitors, something that they don't have but while now, I realise that its not quite like that, I know that I have determination to go for it.

As I've mentioned in the other thread, I don't know if I'll get to F1 or not and if I don't, it'll for sure shatter me big time, I won't deny that but I would like to at least with the satisfaction that I really tried but F1 wasn't set out for me. I believe I'm still young so maybe I won't get anywhere this year or next year but I will keep on trying different ways to try and get in and until I and those who support me can't think of any other way, I will accept it and just leave it.

Tristan, I apologise for my harsh comments but like I said, your posts can be quite provocative and there was absolutely no call to bring on the subject here into another thread. I was at fault to have responded, I should have kept in my anger but please, in future, to avoid either both of us or one of us getting banned from here, don't swipe at people randomly because more than likely, it'll turn very ugly.

Anyway, returning to topic, I never said Kovalainen was bad, I just said that he wasn't anything spectacular. I mean, he's certainly not better than Alonso since Alonso badly outperformed Fisichella while Kovalainen only seems to equal. I just think that his young peers like Rosberg, Kubica and Hamilton are much better, especially, Rosberg. I mean, the Williams was absolute cr*p this year but Rosberg got some strong finishes. He kind of reminds me of how Webber was back in the Jaguar days, he would do impossible things in a cr*p car. I mean, if you really think about it, in history, the drivers who always won championships were the ones that did quite well in a bad car so Rosberg definitely did quite well in a bad car.
Can we please close the thread if it continues like this. I just spent 15 mins reading a flam war with nothing to do with Mclaren or Alonso.

P.S. I doubt f1 won't be 1/6 as popular as it is now if the proposed changes in 2012 happen.
Quote from Leprekaun :if I don't, it'll for sure shatter me big time

well then strap yourself in for a big disappointment
maybe by then youll be mature enough to see that it was a silly dreams

there are 3 things all men should know and its time you did too
- youre never gonna be famous
- youre fatter than you think
and most important of all
- they dont keep wearing stockings
I'd say that Hamilton is faster than Rosberg who is faster than Kovalainen. But I would also say that Kovalainen is faster and better driver than Fisichella. I admit that I had some hopes for Fisichella for this year but all in all the past season has just made it more clear that Fisi always breaks under pressure, isn't too fast but can still be faster than Kovalainen, at least sometimes. And it is bad thing as well because the half-fin is faster than the real fin .

On some races it was just awful to watch Kovalainen and it was very disappointing, although exciting, to see him to have to fight to get on 2nd or 3rd quali. I mean, it was against the pay drivers!

I certainly hope that Kovalainen gets faster in 2008 and makes those surprisingly good finishes. A win is a bit too much but at least he should really be able to qualify in top 10, constantly.
I think he did already get much better and consistent at the end of this season.

In the first half of the season, he was obviously struggling but in the last third he was always easily in the top 10 if his car didn't break, IIRC. I wouldn't say that he is worse than Rosberg.

Alonso and Mclaren Split
(145 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG