The online racing simulator
Beeping sound?
(49 posts, started )
Beeping sound?
Do you ever hear a faint beeping noise when you're at top speed/high rpm, in the GTRs?
my guess would be gear noise? but not driving one idk
Thats gear whine i'd say
I've heard it to, have no clue what it is though.
I guess gear whine is logical
Gear whine is certainly not a beeping sound... It's a whining.
No I haven't noticed anything. It could have something to do with the sound file your using, try fiddling with the settings, or change the sound. The GTR's sound a bit weird, but they certainly shouldn't beep
~Bryan~
Actually when you mention it, it is almost like a beeping sound on my computer too, and it don`t sounds like gear whining too
Well, but I have a crappy sounds card, so what could you expect.
I've noticed it too after the last sound patch and had to tweak it extensivly just to avoid ear pain (I use headphones).

Not sure what it is nor why it's there but I sure wasn't there before the sound "update".
I thought that was down to the restriction of using a non-copyrighted source for the gear whine, which was originally from on-board footage, and thus what you are hearing is part of the engine noise of something else that couldn't be filtered out of the source.
#11 - Goop
I hear a noise that sounds like an 'Aliens' motion-tracker in the XRR at high speed.

".... six metres man....."

Adds to the atmosphere
i hear the sound to, like this

beebeep .... beebeep.... beebeep

in interval's with less then a second

i know this sound's wierd, but it's NOT the whining noize =)
Apart from finding it funny how many demo users seem to hear beeping noises in GTR cars, if someone can isolate which looping waveform source does this (exhaust pulse, gear whine or air intake) it might be fixed with some careful editing.
Quote from xaotik :Apart from finding it funny how many demo users seem to hear beeping noises in GTR cars...

Indeed...
~Bryan~
Quote from xaotik :Apart from finding it funny how many demo users seem to hear beeping noises in GTR cars.

lol
Quote from xaotik :Apart from finding it funny how many demo users seem to hear beeping noises in GTR cars

I count 1 How many did you count?
Quote from obsolum :I count 1 How many did you count?

I'm not qualified to answer yet. I'll let you know as soon as I finish watching this video.
Oh okay. Lemme know when you get there. Keep tryin', you can do it
My ears are so sensitive I can hear the looping each sound file makes in the game (turbo noise for example) and its rather annoying, kinda like me. But anyways it sure would be nice to have the length of the sounds played to be unlimted.
Well, there's plenty of sound sources in a real car aswell that tend to loop after a while once your ears start to block out some of the other noise during a long drive.
You'd expect it to be the gear whining but it obviously isn't.

Maybe its just an indicator that you're about to overclock? I don't know...
I have been hearing strange sounds in LFS since the "sound patch". Its not beeping though, more of a creaking. i hear it mostly when cornering.
Quote from DratsaB :I have been hearing strange sounds in LFS since the "sound patch". Its not beeping though, more of a creaking. i hear it mostly when cornering.

is there a frog in your car? maybe its just tire squeel.

Beeping sound?
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG