The online racing simulator
a very quick drift movie
(12 posts, started )
a very quick drift movie
this is just a quick video i made with the first two laps i did at the silly project drift server... i wasnt really intending to make a video but i thought of making one when i was drifting... the editing isnt the best... i wasnt really going for the whole snazzy visuals etc but what i was trying to get across was the feeling or what i think of when drifting... in this vid i was under a diff racer name and my old xrt skin lol which i do when i go into hiding and want to be left alone when drifting =] im finally getting more comfortable using the logitech dfp =D

heres the youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax1v29O7d94

and for a higher resolution one heres the filefront version

http://files.filefront.com/lfswmv/;8936526;/fileinfo.html
great drifting! whats with the cracks in the road??
Quote from dez-2k7 :great drifting! whats with the cracks in the road??

He's using a DDS pack which makes blackwood look old and disused.
#4 - Kaw
Quote from LFSn00b :4/10
-Lines suck
-Fps dropping at few places
-No shift+u
-No syncing
-Got bored after 30 seconds

Lines suck ? Well. Niko. Half the stuff you post on this forum "Sucks" aswell. But still people seems to be kind enough to give you constructive critic ? Dont you think you owe this guy to give him some to ? You could've just posted. "I love pies. And lots of big juicy skies" Would've made more sense. And no shift u ? I reckon that the first 30 seconds is shift u ?
You should really think before you post.

Good movie Subhumanspunk. But still some places you can improve. Since Im not a super d00d to this movie stuff. I cant really tell you how or what But I couldn't do it better my self
lol @ you guys xD.. ahahaha seriously... anyways not all was the default camera views its more of half and half... and as i said before this was a quick edit i never claimed to be a master editor... and if you read my post i made it to mainly express how i feel or what i feel towards lfs drifting... i didnt wanna download sony vegas for now since i just wanted to make a movie to share real quick... and yes i was using the dds file for the old and misused track... its pretty cool i guess i've been meaning to get the files for the default track back but i've been too lazy :P oh and i don't see how the lines suck =/ it works well for me and it gives me pretty good angles but i guess i'm not good enough for the dorifto master...

oh heres another video for you guys... it's kind of an inside joke.. but here's how its like to be inside subby's xrt :P another quick vid i wanted to share it's missing some sound effects like screaming and the driving laughing... and i don't know if i got the music sounding like it's coming out of the radio... just an early warning its made from the windows movie maker crap again but i didnt really put any effects so yeah...

P.S. this is the last crappy vid i'm gonna be posting :P... i'll actually spend some time working and editing videos when i come out with my next one and that would be when i get a desktop, at the moment im using my laptop thats why the fps is low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZI7PHmM1Lg

http://files.filefront.com/dri ... v/;8943971;/fileinfo.html
screw my post*

squid owned me. and im tired.

night
at the end of the day - Niko is right...
plus he gave a constructive post for the guy to improve, so kaw, you just made yourself look like a noob and a brown noser...

I really hope you did that on purpose, because if you didn't... well...yeah...

Quote from subhumanspunk :oh and i don't see how the lines suck =/ it works well for me and it gives me pretty good angles

No they dont work well
1) the correct line is out - in - out, clipping the apex in the middle and almost clipping the grass with your rear wheels one entry and exit
2) the correct line gives you more speed throughout the corner AND in the next corner entry which gives you the ability to shave off speed by applying bigger angles...
3) more speed + bigger angle = smoke

hope this clears it up
Quote from squidhead :at the end of the day - Niko is right...
plus he gave a constructive post for the guy to improve

yeah i know my movie is crap lol... thats why it was titled very quick drift movie... which pertains to my quick editing and if you read my post it was mostly out of blue, it wasnt planned or anything i just thought id make one, the footage is raw and no other footage scene's etc was taken so it was mostly a raw edit :P and as i said before im gonna actually work on a better video for my first one with carefully selected scenes, appropriate effects, and over all much better all around feel and look to it... and you guys dont have to be so nice its not like im gonna throw a tantrum for something someone says over the internet.. and opinions and constructive criticism are welcome...
Quote from squidhead :at the end of the day - Niko is right...
plus he gave a constructive post for the guy to improve, so kaw, you just made yourself look like a noob and a brown noser...

I really hope you did that on purpose, because if you didn't... well...yeah...

hope this clears it up

i just got owned by a squid.
Quote from squidhead :

No they dont work well
1) the correct line is out - in - out, clipping the apex in the middle and almost clipping the grass with your rear wheels one entry and exit
2) the correct line gives you more speed throughout the corner AND in the next corner entry which gives you the ability to shave off speed by applying bigger angles...
3) more speed + bigger angle = smoke

hope this clears it up

ah i see... but the whole point of using the out - in - out clipping the apex line is to get the straightest line possible out of the turn... but in drifting i like to follow the curves of the track or turn... to work with the track while drifting and not fight it by cutting the through the turns(im sure you've felt that before if you've tried both)... i use what you say the "correct line" when im racing or doing some low angle drifts... but when im chillin on the track i mostly let the track "take me away like a feather in air"... iono that's just my opinion... yes i'm weird lol and usually relate a lot of things with whatever i'm feeling :P

P.S.
iono how you got owned by squid dizzles... he was talkin to kaw :P
heres some more crap >_<
Attached files
Volchok.mpr - 676.8 KB - 149 views

a very quick drift movie
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG