The online racing simulator
Is My G25 Dead?
(13 posts, started )
Is My G25 Dead?
I've read some of the posts here, and I couldn't find anyone who got past this problem. Basically over the weekend my G25 stopped working. I noticed something was up as soon as I powered on the PC and it didn't calibrate, now it just sits there with the power light blinking.
It works ok in profiler - but clearly no FFB because of the power light.

I've checked the connection in the back of the wheel, and the fuse in the plug, is it a fair assumption that the power pack is dead or is there anything else to check?

I've got an RMA ready with the vendor, but I thought it worth a shot here first as so many have them.
#2 - Jakg
It sounds like the power thingy is dead tbh.
#3 - Gizz
im grate at fixing these!!! send it to me ill even pay postage.......

although i carnt promise you will get it back

oohh and give it a clean before ya post will ya it just help with the technical side of the operation
#4 - CSU1
Quote from Gizz :im grate at fixing these!!! send it to me ill even pay postage.......

although i carnt promise you will get it back

oohh and give it a clean before ya post will ya it just help with the technical side of the operation

lmao, Gizz you bloody chancer, did I not read elsewhere that YOUR p.pack is dead
#5 - Gizz
Quote from CSU1 :lmao, Gizz you bloody chancer, did I not read elsewhere that YOUR p.pack is dead

wish it was mate my whole wheel is bits , gota try though
#6 - CSU1
Quote from Gizz :wish it was mate my whole wheel is bits , gota try though

tell us what you done to it, whats broken on it, and we'll try to get it fixed for ya...post pics if you must
#7 - Gizz
na mate its gone, chipp fried or sumat, windows wont pick it up same on 3 PC's.... binned it now anyway, just kept some of the gutts just incase
-
(simscube) DELETED by simscube
hate to revive an old thread but, same thing just happened to me.

question for anyone else this happened to:

1 does the power light not go on?
2 did you plug the G25 to a power strip/surge protector and power that on and off when not using the G25?
these things...
mine started to sit blinking.

motor that the optical encoder is on started shorting out, and demolished the mosfet it is connected to.

i think that it may have toasted the electronics, cause' you cannot hand calibrate it

now i'm looking at figuring out if i could build my own thing.
my advice: throw it out the window, and make one yourself
even better, make sure it's someone you hate No problem aslong you say sorry afterwards
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :mine started to sit blinking.

motor that the optical encoder is on started shorting out, and demolished the mosfet it is connected to.

i think that it may have toasted the electronics, cause' you cannot hand calibrate it

now i'm looking at figuring out if i could build my own thing.

No idea what stuff in red meant, but if the light on shifter is blinking dimly, then your power source may be disconnected or fried. Did you recently have a surge / power out / thunderstorm?

Is My G25 Dead?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG