The online racing simulator
Just Bought Licence And Cant Join Online Game:(
hei.

I just bought the S2 licence, and was gonna join an online game, it downloaded all skins, and was waiting for guestinfo, when the window with "cant receive guestinfo, lost hostconnection" came up... I tried a different server, but the same happened. i hope i didnt waste 24£ now, so please help me with this problem....
Firewall?
#3 - BURN
Quote from Volvo240t :...i hope i didnt waste 24£ now, so please help me with this problem....

you definatly didn`t waste the money
hm... I got in on a server for 2seconds, didnt even get to drive a full round, and it disconnected, and I dont think its the firewall, caus i disabled it, and it didnt help. and i DID get in for 2seconds with it ON so.. i DUNNO .....
Nope dont worry.. You didnt waste your money.

Could you join a Demo server before?

if yes

Look at the ping of the servers

You can't join CTRA 2 and above.

BTW : when disconnecting does it leave a message?
"Did not receive guest info" happens sometimes to me too, but try other servers, they can't all give you that message.
FUUUCK, i´ve waitet a whole week to unlock the licence, and again the same ****in problem accurs, and yes!!! I CANT CONNECT TO AAANY servers !!!!!!! offcours i tried the ones with lowerst ping first! doh.
Maybe you have a Firewall running?
Do you have any background intenet apps running? uTorrent slows down my net pretty badly, mainly the pings are higher, sometimes even 10 times the usual. I have uTorrent off when playing LFS online. High pings due to uT running can cause this IMHO.
uTorrent turns me into a (seeming) wrecker, just by ping addition alone, even with 0 torrents on, somehow.
Yeah, we had this problem in the place I used to work, a guy there would leave utorrent running all day, without any downloads or uploads, and it would still hog most of the available bandwidth.

Bottomline, when you are going online, stop ALL other internet accessable problems, IM, P2P anything.

@Volvo, the problem is definatly your end, you need to eliminate whats not causing it, so you can find out what is.

1) Are you running ANY hardware or software firewall
2) Are you alone on your network.
3) How do you connect to the internet.

It WILL work, you just need to find out whats causing your PC to not let it work.
well i guess the server determin my ping from how long it takes to download everyones skins, so what i did was, tried to connect to a server, it failed, but it DID download all players skins, so i quit LFS, then went back into the same server, and i allready had preloaded all the skins from the first wailed atempt, so now they where allready there, and i could get in to the server. not so practical but it worked why does it take so long to download the skins? makes LFS world credit it to download faster? I have a 3mb line so it should theoreticly be no problem.....
Why does it take so long to download skins? generally it would mean your connection to the master server isn't very good, however, at certain times of the day, I have observed that skin downloads can be VERY slow, I attribute this to the master server being under a bit of a hammering at some points in the day.

No, adding credit will not make the skins download faster, it will actually make them slower because you pay for hi-res (larger) skins.

You say you have a 3mb line, and it should be fast enough, in thoery, yes it should, but you still havent said how you connect to the internet, and if you are alone on the network,or sharing your bandwidth with other people, or other applications.

Untill you tell us these things, we are just stumbling around in the dark trying to find the light switch.............
well, i do share the network with another computer, a laptop, on wireless, however, it has been turned OFF all the times i´ve been in lfs, so it shouldent make a difference.. I use cableconnection, not wireless. and i have closed, STEAM, BITCOMET, LIMEWIRE and everything that could affect my downloadspeed, so i really dont understand
It happens to me as well sometimes that the first connection attempt ends with a timeout. Mostly it happens when i try to join a server with a different track then the one before, so it´s loading & loading ... and timing out. but i don´t quit LFS, start it up & try again, i just try to connect again right away and this time it works... if i want to connect quickly, i load the track in single player before i join the server. reason is: while you connect, people on the server can´t pit/leave/spec/... it´s all blocked, u´ll find that out soon on your own.
Quote from Volvo240t :... and i have closed, STEAM, BITCOMET, LIMEWIRE ...

These will most certainly affect your pings and LFS. Steam can max your internet connection out if its downloading a patch or something automatically, same goes for the others they all hog bandwidth. even something like anti virus can give you spikes if it gets new definitions automatically in the background while you play, although I wouldnt suggest turning this off. MSN Xfire AOL anything that uses the net. Web pages downloading adverts.... just try to keep the internet connection for LFS only.
#17 - SamH
Also, a point of note.. it ain't closed if it's still showing as an icon in the system tray. A lot of the programs you've listed actually don't close when you hit the "x".. they just sneak off to do their thing in the background without telling you. Torrent programs and Lamewire are notorious for doing this.

Spyware is often a culprit too. Make sure you've shot down as much of that stuff as possible. Yes, shot, not shut.. shot.. between the eyes, with a large calibre axe.
Quote from SamH :
Spyware is often a culprit too. Make sure you've shot down as much of that stuff as possible. Yes, shot, not shut.. shot.. between the eyes, with a large calibre axe.

Good point. I had problems with my PC about a month ago, I was having disconnects every 5 mins and so on.
Tested my PC for viruses.... 328 found.... killed them all and now it runs greatly
Volvo, what operating system are using? I've got the same problem, i think, and i'm using vista 64. I've swept for viruses (viri?), turned off firewalls, stopped as many programs as I could find (nromally dont have any that will just use the connection automatically that I know of) but the only thing I can see different is that you've been atleast able to get into a server. Even if I DL the skins, close LFS then try to rejoin the same server I cant. "didnt receive guest info" every frickin time makes me wanna

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG