The online racing simulator
Round 8 Kyoto Oval post race discussion
Please post any post race discussion here
Well, that HUGE pile up at the end of the first lap? yeah, that was my fault
Very sorry all
Yeah, we touched in T3, which caused me to spin and then the rest of the grid behind me had nowhere to go, resulting in a huge pile up

Still, it was a fun race, although I did get taken out by an over-zealous backmarker RAC who seemed to take offence at being lapped and then stuffed it up the inside of me into T3, obviously the FZ5 has to lift there, but the RAC can take it full tilt.......

RAC's were not easy to pass at all, the speed differential wasnt as much as I thought it would be, it took me a good few laps to get past Gav
Quote from danowat :Yeah, we touched in T3, which caused me to spin and then the rest of the grid behind me had nowhere to go, resulting in a huge pile up

Yeah, i was in dorifto mode next to Dan going around T3, and was attempting to control it without losing too much pace, but when my FZ5 finally decided to grip it took me straight into Dans path.
God, i feel like such a n00b, nothing like that has ever hapened to me before :guilty:
Just lucky it wasn't a points round I guess
Yeah
#7 - bozo
Quote from GFresh :... that HUGE pile up at the end of the first lap..

I slowed and tried to go around the carnage, but a car backed down the track into my path, and zoooommmmmm. Launched me high over the pitlane (got a stop go penalty for that!), through the roof of the pits and into one of the garages. Luckily wasn't too far to go to get my car repaired . Then I mistook the stop go penalty for a drive through, therefore went through the pitlane more times than I would like (never had a stop go penalty before ... I'm usually very cautious about speeding!)

Decided to carry on, more to see if I could improve my best lap than anything. I got a few blue flags, but it was easy to let drivers few as most made it very clear which side they would overtake.

Nice event to round off the season with. Nice one Dan.
I was the only one who spun before T3. Someone touched me and i spun, thankfully noone hit me, though most of the field crashed right after T3. I tried to dive through, but i hit some RAC, so sorry for that. Then i was driving behind some slow FZ5 (Thobsen i think) whole race. He was slowly driving away from me, but not more than 5s in finish. Meanwhile jwardy passed me, he was much faster, because i was using wrong setup, some inferno i downloaded 5 minutes before race and i was like 0,5s per lap slower. I finished 3rd in RAC class few seconds behind first. If i didnt crash and use proper setup, then im sure i could win my class, but 3rd is also good.

Anyway, very good race (for an oval one), thanks to all for racing and to Dan for organising.
#9 - Bean0
4th placed RAC, not too bad for me I suppose.

I was ridiculously slow compared to everyone else though, only those who had to pit numerous times finished after me. I tried to let the leaders past with the minimum of fuss, and hope I didn't get in anyones way too much.
im happy , i done good for once
Dan I was the 'over-zealous' backmarker, but I didn't take offense to you passing, you just didn't seem to have the same pace as the other FZ's, and you slowed down ALOT, and we just collided. Yea, I could take T1 flat chat, but for some reason didn't expect you to be there when you did it.

Sorry old buddy

I was leading the RAC class until someone smashed into the wall and collected me, but yea, i had fun, nice to see JACK WIN something!
Ahhh......so it was you!!!!!!!!, ya bugger

Yeah, I was slowing alot into T1 and T3 because I was trying to cool my tyres a little.

No probs though, it was good fun
Sorry guys for missing a race. I simply forgot the race was on this weekend :/
Quote from Hyperactive :Sorry guys for missing a race. I simply forgot the race was on this weekend :/

That means you did 'a Niko'

Or you gotta turn up 2mins before Quali is finnished, that's it.
ok jake im gunna try and break the WR in the RAC for there , cos i set a 46.8 with over 50% fuel i wonder if i took it down to 10
It dont matter so much on oval. i set a 45.4 with full race fuel. Secondly the WR's on oval are like 20 laps and then the WR comes.

That was a rubish race for me. I hit the wall which got me well off the pace, then i pitted and was down to 1 from last had some bumps here and there. I dont wanna do another one please...
Quote from BenjiMC :It dont matter so much on oval. i set a 45.4 with full race fuel. Secondly the WR's on oval are like 20 laps and then the WR comes.

That was a rubish race for me. I hit the wall which got me well off the pace, then i pitted and was down to 1 from last had some bumps here and there. I dont wanna do another one please...

gd point i tried it did 8 laps and got bored only set a 46.8
#18 - Vain
I didn't do a single lap of practice, so my originally mediocre pace didn't come as a surprise to me.
But then in quali GFresh exited T2 just perfectly in front of me so I could get a huge toe and blasted towards T3 at over 260km/h, which got me pole.
I tried to return the favor but that didn't work out unfortunately.
In the race I decided that it'd be best to lose Willi as quickly as possible instead of driving as a pack with him to reduce the risk of an accident. By lap 3 he was out of drafting range and I was pretty much alone, nursing tyres until the finish.
When we do another oval event we'll have to tell people about being lapped on an oval though. The backmarkers always went to the side or lifted off to allow me to pass, though all I wanted was to get a nice toe . Coming up to a backmarker is the best thing that can happen to the race leader, if the backmarker just stays on the line.

No practice, pole and win - I should do that more often.

Vain
Well, I was a bit unstable on the straight's Vain, so I wanted you past as quickly as possible.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG