The world's favorite race series?
(35 posts, started )

Poll : You're favorite flavour of motorsport

Rallying/RallyX
Single seaters
GT/endurance
Saloon Cars
Drag racing/sprints/hillclimbs
Short oval (yes that includes bangersBig grin" />)
AutoX/trials
Bikes! :bike:

MotoGP is tops. WSB is alright, as is AMA Supersport/Superbike, but I don't follow them like I do MotoGP.

Anyone heard the rumors of Valentino Rossi going to Ferrari? Doubt it'll happen but it would be interesting.

Please contribute to the John Hopkins Needs More Horsepower fund.
Valentino is the master on two wheels. Personnaly i hope that he stays there, because i don't want him to 'potentially' fall flat on his arae on 4 wheels!! Change the horsepower but don't change codes!
In other words.....stay on two wheels
#28 - OPK
Quote from Tweaker :Rallying (including Hillclimb, Baha, Dakar, etc) hands down.... because:

-Drivers have balls and have great skill
-Courses are nuts -- narrow, dangerous, upredictable, various terrain
-Cars are pretty fast, and most road cars you can buy are based off their older 'rally' brother.
-Travel all over the world
-Most importantly -- Has the best excitement for the spectators. No other motorsport can compare. It just has more action, and variety -- like close calls, jumps, crashes, slides, etc

Don't know what else to say, other than rallying is damn cool.

And it´s free to watch on stage (mostly)

Rallying = #1
I don't think rallies are the best events to go to as a spectator. You get to watch the cars go past once on a stage, twice if you're lucky, and then you've got the fun of getting to next stage before the cars drive through it. Sure you can be an irresponsible idiot and stand somewhere dangerous, nice thrill to watch a car almost lose it coming over a jump and that split second of "uh-oh"-ness can't be matched by watching cars on a race-track, but as a spectator friendly and exciting day out, I'd take a day at a race-meeting over a day at a rally event every time. Plus I personally find the skill of racing just as impressive as the skill of special-stage rally driving.

On TV it is better, because you can see more of the action and events, although coverage of rally these days is appauling, at least it is here. That said, I'd take motogp over any 4 wheeled racing if I'm sat at home watching it on the box.
I can't believe saloon cars are doing as well as they are. Other than that the poll looks good, it's nice to see rallying get appreciated, perhaps they might put some on the telly.
Quote from Bob Smith :I can't believe saloon cars are doing as well as they are. Other than that the poll looks good, it's nice to see rallying get appreciated, perhaps they might put some on the telly.

Why would saloon cars be unpopular? Most high-profile single-seater racing is dull, even A1 gp is something of a let down, GT and endurance racing is an acquired taste, rallying is obviously popular so it's no surprise to see it in front. IMO the most consistently entertaining 4-wheeled motorsport to watch is in saloon cars, from V8 Supercars, DTM, WTCC, even BTCC and all the tin-top support races that go with them (Clio Cup is a fantastic spectacle every single time).
I reckon people that like Nascar have voted Saloon Cars too though, and whilst they may technically be more "Saloon" than a Clio, I don't think that oval-racing falls into the "saloon car racing" category. Maybe they do, basically there aren't enough categories in this poll.
#32 - mr_x
BTCC, WTCC, DTM and V8s for me... oh yeah i love tin tops!!
Quote from sinbad :GT and endurance racing is an acquired taste

Lol yeah, you have to see it once.
Saloon racing can be great, but like most forms of motorsport they're rather dull atm, but look at 50s/60s/70s/80s amd it's all great
#35 - JJ72
Rallying at the moment, however all the politics and rule changes are luring me back to F1.

One off events like Race of Champions and Gp master is high on my list as well.

The world's favorite race series?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG