The online racing simulator

Poll : What type of controller do you play LFS with?

Wheel (FFB)
Mouse
Gamepad
Wheel (spring)
Keyboard
Joystick
Yes i know another poll, controller?
it's been asked before (RSC) but i'm gonna ask again out of my own curiosity.
Wheel, the only real way to play this "game" ..
wheel and Keyboard :shhh:
wheel, but I used to play with the keyboard and thoroughly hated driving the LX4, LX6, FO8, FOX because of it. The only way to really enjoy this game is to use a wheel.
Driving Force Pro.
The way it's meant to be
I think the poll results say alot about the community. We're all mad
im still stunned that with the current 71 votes on this poll.. that there still hasnt been a single non FF wheel yet!
#8 - Asmo
Wheel (spring) 11.35%

am i alone ?
so far, yes

:chair:
I use the force.
pedals + mouse
Momo racing ffb 200% no spring back force in games, with gas and brake pedals, wheel paddles for shifting, sequence shifter back (towards me) is handbrake and forwards is clutch, i use auto clutch though until i get clutch pedal. And s2 full for the matter too lol. S2 first of course.
My mouse config
Here is my mouse config (until I get a decent FFB wheel):
Attached images
mouse_config.jpg
20% of LFS users don't own a FFB wheel, hmm
i've seen loads more keyboard players online than the 2% we got in the poll
KB users are less likeley to participate in community goings on i suppose.

mouse + pedals sound interesting!

How many peeps have a clutch + shifter tho' ( ishould have added that one in the poll) for MAXIMUM realism.
Maximum realism would include a motion simulator.
Dfp!!
Quote from Bob Smith :Maximum realism would include a motion simulator.

To be completely realistic you would need something to create g-forces for everything, acceleration, braking, crashing etc. Not even the force-dynamics (I think that's what it's called) system creates a true realistic simulation. Problem is by the time you start spending big amounts of money you could almost go out and race for real when yuo wanted.
I use a momo force (red one).
Really like it, especially the leather 8)
I also have a dfp but can't seem to get it to work like it should, i also like the pedals of the momo more.
And soon ofcourse a logitech force 3d for shifting
Hello. I just started playing this game today. I don't have an FF wheel yet, so I gotta use an analog gamepad called the NeGcon from Namco. http://www.thocp.net/software/ ... gcon_controller_large.jpg

My question is, is it worth playing LFS with a gamepad? I'm just not enjoying it so far and the cars are suffering from severe understeer.

How do I give the cars a bit more grip and less understeer?

I'll be getting the Speed 7 FF wheel from BRD in November BTW
The servere understeer is typical for people who first play the game. You probably steer the car full lock when you're going into a corner thinking its the best way to get around. It just takes some practice and you'll realize that you only need to steer slightly, the smoother you drive the faster you'll get. You can try turning your steering sensitivity down a bit also.
Quote from sil3ntwar :pedals + mouse

Now that's novel.
Isamu ive been playing lfs with an xbox controller for over a year now.. had similar bad experiences at first until i realised that u only need a very small amount of steering input to actually get around the track (ie on BLGP with GTi I ended up only using "Max Steering Lock" of 9 deg) nowdays I've managed to get a better driver that allows me to lessen the steering input sensetivity on the controller. With max steering lock set to 9 deg you will find you have much more control at the central position for straight line driving and more prescion in the corners, the only downside is if you spin you dont have much steering lock to turn around again LOL so my solution is DONT SPIN :P
wheel but i used KB in the old demo version.
ffb wheel and pedals for clutch. and non ff pedals for accel/brake
#25 - tpa
iirc the quickest guys in gpl were using pedals + joystick. Would be kinda cool in LFS, with a nice FF Joystick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG