good servers for newbies?
(15 posts, started )
Hi.. I;m not actually a newbie.. but, I've not played for over 12 months or so and my driving seems to have suffered as a result. So I was wondering if there are any decent servers anround for new players... I remember there were a few last time I was here, but now I can't find any.
Quote from Peteuplink :Hi.. I;m not actually a newbie.. but, I've not played for over 12 months or so and my driving seems to have suffered as a result. So I was wondering if there are any decent servers anround for new players... I remember there were a few last time I was here, but now I can't find any.

We always welcome newbys on the GFC server.
Try CTRA1(formerly the CTRA/STCC servers) for some racing but if you want to relax while getting back on your feet try some of the cruise servers if you like.
I highly recommend both the CTRA and GFC servers.

Redline is also popular with some but they aren't that friendly to noob's in my experience.
Cone dodgers 1 is a good one if you want to start racing the big GTR cars there used to be problems with others messign up peoples races but latley its been actuly very good,pity my nearly new wheel is basically broken =/
Quote from mongoosetierney :Try CTRA1(formerly the CTRA/STCC servers) for some racing but if you want to relax while getting back on your feet try some of the cruise servers if you like.

Could someone briefly explain to me the point of the cruising servers? I don't get the idea.. seems like you get credits for driving round and round really slow on the right hand side of the road..

Can anyone recommend some noob-friendly servers where players obey the courtesy rules of racing (no ramming, be polite etc) but where the level isn't so high that I'd get flamed for my n00biness right away? I want to learn the tracks and familiarize myself with the cars, and it's more fun online than against the AI.. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking along these lines..
Try "Dead Men Racing". The regulars there are very friendly and encouraging to new players, so long as you're polite and nice back. There's usually quite a broad range of pace amongst the drivers too, so you should find people you can race against.
Thanks, I'll try that!
#9 - VoiD
Quote from thisnameistaken :Try "Dead Men Racing". The regulars there are very friendly and encouraging to new players, so long as you're polite and nice back. There's usually quite a broad range of pace amongst the drivers too, so you should find people you can race against.

+ they run unusual/remarkable Combos, such as ...well let´s see
Quote from Gnomie :Could someone briefly explain to me the point of the cruising servers? I don't get the idea.. seems like you get credits for driving round and round really slow on the right hand side of the road..

I don't play that server, but I've been there. The point is pretty simple. You start off with a standard car (usually uF1) and some money. The faster you go (without getting caught by cops) the more money you make. If cops catch you, u get fined. In one of the garages, is a lottery, where u can win xtra cash. The point is to get enough money so u can get the best car, so the cops can't catch you, and thus make the most money.

I think there is a mod for it, I'm not sure on that bit...

Ven
Quote from Venus :I don't play that server, but I've been there. The point is pretty simple. You start off with a standard car (usually uF1) and some money. The faster you go (without getting caught by cops) the more money you make. If cops catch you, u get fined. In one of the garages, is a lottery, where u can win xtra cash. The point is to get enough money so u can get the best car, so the cops can't catch you, and thus make the most money.

I think there is a mod for it, I'm not sure on that bit...

Ven

OK, thanks for explaining it! Sounds a bit too "special" for my tastes, though.
Some servers are friendly. Or even a cruise server helps teach you some courtesy and how to handle a car. It also helps introduce you to cars, but you gotta work for them, so you practice quite a bit on each car

On Demo, me and some guys host a server on weekends to teach new players and give/tweak setups to and for them.
Whan I was learning to drive, I only raced on Demo servers. There, nobody judges you, and crashing is not really punished, so it's good for learning.
Wherever I play, crashing is punished, and at times people can really get hard on you if they watch you and judge your racing.

On s2 it's more competitive, but less talking
depends where you are. My server Venus Racing usually up in afternoon/evenings Australian tme, is very new player friendly. In fact, I've placed objects around the track to help new players learn important parts of the track. On AS2 with fox, that means braking point, and turn in point on the chicane. n if u want some tips, well just ask.

faster new players get faster, the more new players that stick

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG