The online racing simulator
installing Layouts
(10 posts, started )
installing Layouts
hey
i am new to LFS i bought it 1 week ago. i have recently read up about layouts and i am having trouble with them. i am putting them into the folder: .../LFS/data/layout

is that the right folder?

i go into LFS i go to the autocross track and press Shift-U, click load layout and it says: no files to load

very frustrated

thankyou in advanced to whoever helps me
#2 - Davo
Perhaps the layouts are for the blackwood carpark or another track?
lol
thanks davo
I thought they were all in auto cross... LOL
thank you again
Quote from Davo :Perhaps the layouts are for the blackwood carpark or another track?

What does this mean? I'm also unable to load a layout I downloaded. Could someone provide an answer less cryptic.
I searched the LFS manual and searched thru 30 pages of forum search results, but every post stops just short of answering my question:

I downloaded a layout into the layout folder, started S2 licensed version of LFS, go to single player, Blackwood - carpark, open autocross editor (shift-U), load layout, but it says no layouts are available. Reboot, try again, same thing.

What am I not doing correctly?

Edit: I also looked for track specific layout folders but didn't see any. Perhaps I missed it?
afaik their names are au1 or bl3. ,aybe this has someting to do with the tracks, coz i tried it 1 time and it didnt work, coz im a demo not a :bananadea:bananadea:bananadea:bananadea.
If you want to load a layout, load the track for wich it is meant to be. LOL
Layout's are specific to each track, and the names of the files must be in a specific format, much like setup files.

This file name format is TRACKABBREVIATION_name of layout.lyt.
For instance BL3_Top Gear.lyt would be a layout for the Blackwood Car Park, named "Top Gear".

The abbreviated track names can be found in the first post, under "Track List", here. You must not rename the files.

The files must also be under yourlfsinstallation/data/layout/, and whoever LFS runs as, much have read access to the layout files in this directory. Just incase, don't forget that Windows has a hard limit of a maximum path of 512 characters. In the extremely unlikely event the length of the location where you stored LFS + the length of data/layout/ + the length of the layout file name exceeds this limit, you will be unable to open the file.

If you start up the AutoX editor and see nothing, then press space for the menu.

Hope that helps.
Quote :This file name format is TRACKABBREVIATION_name of layout.lyt.
For instance BL3_Top Gear.lyt would be a layout for the Blackwood Car Park, named "Top Gear".

Thanks. Is that documented somewhere in the manual or FAQ and I just missed it? I also doublechecked the Autocross Layouts Database and didn't see anything explaining such.

Thanks again.
Quote from chicken_plucker :Thanks. Is that documented somewhere in the manual or FAQ and I just missed it? I also doublechecked the Autocross Layouts Database and didn't see anything explaining such.

I don't know if it's documented, but it's a general rule that LFS follows in terms of filenames.

installing Layouts
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG