The online racing simulator
New Applications Possible
Since we started the call for applications, we have had a few teams resigning. Currently, we have 18 GT1 and 9 GT2 cars entered, which is 3 cars away from our desired grid of 30 entrants.

Therefore, we reopen applications. We prefer to have a 18/12 mix, meaning we would like to gain another three GT2 entries. This means GT2 entries will get preferential treatment over GT1 entries. This does not mean GT1 entries have no chance, so if your heart is totally set on GT1, apply for GT1.

Info we need is the class you plan to compete in, the car you want to enter and the drivers that you want to put into the car. If you are a lesser known team it is helpful to provide info on your drivers' racing history.

As usual, send your application to "applications _at_ mastersofendurance.eu"
Bump!

We haven't had much interest with GT2 applicants still. I believe only one or two GT1 teams have signed on, and that isn't enough to fill the spaces

If any teams are interested in joining, feel free to apply by following the instructions above. The 3rd race is coming soon (Nov 24th).
i sent you a mail about joining (team sr) thx
It is may very well be possible that we will have a full grid for the 24 hour race (/me crosses fingers).

By the looks of it, we have had several new applicants to total 18 GT1 and 11 GT2 cars. With our limit of 30 cars on the grid, that means we only need one more application for any team wishing to join. At the moment we favor another GT2 application. If you or your team is thinking of joining, you should make a decision quickly to give time to prepare!

We'll announce next race's entrants soon.
Current participants can be found here with Speed Core Racing Team being the latest GT2 add on to MoE.

We still have room for 1 team, a GT2 applicant is strongly preferred.
I've sent an email to applications and a PM to you AppiePils about a new GT2 entry
Im requesting the invitation to TDRT be revoked before the 24hr race, and perhaps a little more effort be put into who's accepted into this series TWICE rather than just letting any tom dick n harry with a license take part, especially when its the biggest race of the season they're been accepted into.

They raced under a different name (DITTO) in Round 2 at South City, their qualifying saw them 5 sec off the pace of the lead GT2 cars, they had a Keyboard using driver, broke simple rules upon joining the race, took out numerous cars out in the <2hr time they were in the race and were promptly kicked out.
Now they're hidding under a different name and apparently all is forgotten!?

For the love of god, can we please have some proper scrutiny of any team claiming to be worthy of taking part in this series? Letting them in once and having them make a joke of the application process is one thing, letting them in twice now is quite shocking.
Paul, they haven't been let in. Tone down the hysteria, please.
Wahhhaaaay
Its a nice change to have pointed out a moment of incompetence that turns out to be a mistake on my part, likewise to get a reply on the matter the same month
Had Tweak been on MSN, i'd have ranted at him about it first, but you only have yourselves to blame Shame on you tweak

RIP MoI
Paul, I suggest you think before you write things down first. Your post is a clear display of having no clue how things are run within MoE. If you've looked into the appropriate thread (link) you'd see that they haven't been allowed as participants for MoE.

This is not the first time you've made an unnecessary fuss over something without bothering to do the proper research. Let this be a final warning towards you and any other contestants, we as the admin team do not take false accusations lightly and will deal it as an unnecessary protest from now on

Therefore, we encourage everyone to provide us with well motivated feedback to improve MoE, however unnecessary rant or false accusations posted on the forums may affect your team in terms of:
- allowed to qualify (aka starting at the back of the grid)
- a DT/SG during the race
- or even points reduction in the standings.
Holy smokes, DWB tells me to calm down the hysteria, yet it seems to be infectious! Get it all of your chest if you must Appie By 'not the first time you've made an unnecessary fuss' asside from being entirely innacurate in this instance, you forget the times ive made a fuss because of the number of times things have been done wrong but whatever, continue with your hypacriticly punishable rantings, surely that post is worthy of one of those? and thus starts the debate on whats punishable and what isnt.

I'll say it again...
Their comments implied they were taking part by saying their team wanted to know what was going on with the FXR balancing, it never occured to me that their team wasnt an MoE team while posting in an MoE thread, afterall why would anyone make out they needed this information for their team, when it had absolutely nothing to do with them. A few weeks ago it was made very clear that multiple teams would be joining before the 24hr race, and that list contains only one name, which really means very little round here, so for a THIRD time, excuse me for taking their suggestive comments and the lack of information given for coming to that conclusion. Theres a reason my first assumption is that someones made a mistake when it comes to MoE, and thankfully DWB's post corrected my instintive thoughts.
If tweak was on MSN at the time, i'd have double checked with him, he wasnt and as everything seemed to suggest they'd be accepted, i went straight in to make sure they werent allowed in based on the incidents which happened the last time they were somehow accepted into this series, clearly the checks done werent good enough to stop them, and if a team that bad can slip through once, then sadly it doesnt suprise me if they'd be accepted simply under the disguise of another name.

IN THE INTEREST OF GIVING 'motivated feedback to improve MoE':
I had already looked at that thread, i saw 1 new team but was pretty sure i'd seen mention of 2 (SC +1) and 1 place left, but the biggest problem with MoE is that its terribly disorganised.
Seriously, half the stuff on here cant be taken at face value, things that apparently are being done dont get done, a 6 month old website, its the MoE way that everything is a little bit half-arsed, last minute and generally done with little or no organising. I find it unfair that im being criticised not because I didnt check it, but geniunely because i didnt trust it as im sure i'd read of a either 2 new teams or the 2nd being added shortly.

As i've said, theres a reason i automatically assume the worse case scenario in MoE, and that is down to history & dis-organisation. Hopefully with time spent improving this then i'll learn not to doubt the information out there, but with nearly everything there always seems to be something wrong, a simple test session announced 2 weeks in advance, and only 3hrs beforehand does anyone confirm its still on and what time, Round 2's results being given about a week after round 3 has taken place... its always one thing after another, and im pretty sure any other series starting up with this sort of organisation wouldnt stand a chance of getting established, let along getting the credability and acknowledgement MoE has.

Im not the only one to blame for not trusting anything in here as being accurate, its always one silly thing after another, and im not the one responsible for the organisation, so perhaps rather than needlessly criticise someone for acknowledging they got it wrong it could be spent making this series better, more reliable and more organised

I'm going to ignore the personal comments in there, if your genuinely trying to provoke a reaction which is what it looks like, then you'll have to get it over PM (link), especially if your going to start handing out penalties willy-nilly to anyone that has a differing opinion to yours.
I'd seen 2 of their 3 drivers before, and knew what they were like before they took part in MoE, and i didnt for one second see anything suggesting they were suitable, and considering it was driving the same car & class, that isnt really a good sign. I've also since seen them take out one of our cars, and numerous others on seperate incidents, and my post was made in the best intentions of the series and the people within it, but because i mis-understood the situation and had nobody available to confirm/deny my suspicions its basically considered a punishable offense in future.
Im sorry but if everything in MoE was run perfectly, the i could agree that casting doubt on something when there has never been reason to do so before would be one thing, but its kinda like the pot calling the kettle isnt it? A disorganised & frequently inaccurate series demanding everyone else be accurate and not put a foot wrong

You may not like it, but you cant deny the majority of that rant holds true though, considering the rules used to insist the team had LFS GT experience, now its apparent that the bar is so low that a team of DITTO's level can be approved into a series such as MoE, 1 guy was increadably slow and fortunately (imo) disco'd 2-3 times in the opening 5min, the 2nd guy broke a rule inside 10-15sec of joining, ran into a car, and took 2 out in seperate incidents, the 3rd guy rolled, took someone out, and was driving using a keyboard. I just cant understand how they were approved, 6 months ago you pretty much had to beg to get a look in, now its almost as if its all about the numbers. Its great we can have 32 people in there, but i still maintain the comment that there needs to be a far stricter assessment on a teams suitability to compete, i just assumed this was yet another case in example for it.

As for me not knowing how this series is run, well your right, i think we'd all like to know, but i suspect we wont find out till about 10min before we absolutely need to know
So much for short and to the point Let me take the time to filter out some of the highlights (don't blame me for missing a few as I will not respond to the post in general) and walk them through .

Quote :And thus starts the debate on whats punishable and what isnt.

That is for us to determine. Might sound authoritarian, but apparently it is the only way to get one to think before one reacts. It is not the first time unmotivated rant is being spit out towards the organization and/or other teams, and apparently a verbal warning doesn't help to understand that one has to think first before one writes things down and presses submit reply.
Simply put, we draw a line here, it's up to you to decide whether you accept it, or if not, you will face the consequences.

Quote :Their comments implied ...Theres a reason my first assumption....

Your mistake, not ours. Research before you post! The forums are public and for all to respond in, the forums are not limited to only participating teams.

Quote :(I)If tweak was on MSN at the time, i'd have double checked with him, he wasnt and as everything seemed to suggest they'd be accepted, (II)i went straight in to make sure they werent allowed in based on the incidents which happened the last time they were somehow accepted into this series, (III) clearly the checks done werent good enough to stop them, and if a team that bad can slip through once, then sadly it doesnt suprise me if they'd be accepted simply under the disguise of another name.

This paragraph I've divided in 3 points:
(I) There are more admin people around than just Tweak, and even if no one around to double check, have the patience to wait a day to make sure you clearly understand what is going on. It now leads to:
(II) A false assumption. First of all 'making sure', you've got nothing to do with making sure. You can inform us about your worries, but we as an organization decide whether to allow a team or not, not you. Our decisions are based on the best interest of the league, not one particular team.
(III) Another false assumption. Again clearly you have no idea what process we're going through in order to accept or decline a teams petition. And in case we have made a bad judgment, yes we're all humans, so it can happen, we do take counter actions for the best of league (see removed from the current participating team list).

Quote : (I) but the biggest problem with MoE is that its terribly disorganised. (II) I find it unfair that im being criticised not because I didnt check it, but geniunely because i didnt trust it as im sure i'd read of a either 2 new teams or the 2nd being added shortly, Im not the only one to blame for not trusting anything in here as being accurate, its always one silly thing after another, and im not the one responsible for the organisation, so perhaps rather than needlessly criticise someone for acknowledging they got it wrong it could be spent making this series better, more reliable and more organised and (III) Its great we can have 32 people in there, but i still maintain the comment that there needs to be a far stricter assessment on a teams suitability to compete, i just assumed this was yet another case in example for it.

(I) Just as a reminder about 7 weeks ago a post was made by Hoelssen stating 'MoE in Serious Jeopardy'. I agree, we still have to improve quite a lot, however already quite some improvements are already made. Naturally (well naturally for us) we started with the primary: updated results and standings, provided an updated list for participating teams, improved the rules to suit the series better.
Also behind the scenes we are working to improve the secondary aspects such as graphics, website etc.
What you seem to forget is that this work is all voluntary and since only two people stepped forward to help out with admining (some others have stepped out to help out with some specific task such as broadcasting and web development), it may takes a bit longer than we all want it to take.
(II) You find it unfair that you've been criticized? Yet you seem to criticize everyone else. Simple if you find it unfair to be criticize don't do the same to others. We appreciate feedback whether it's positive or suggestions for improvement. Also, for your own sake, if you want to be taken seriously, I strongly advice you to overlook your posts before posting. Although in quite a few posts you do add some good feedback, the whole package in which you provide your feedback makes it easy to over read what you actually are trying to say. You're getting to a point that no one will really read what you're trying to say, not (only) because it's a book-size, but people expect it to be a summed up rant and just skip it.
(III) I will not comment about the team entry choices before I entered the admin team, but I can assure you teams are not allowed to participate without taking into consideration their LFS (/sim) racing career (see also 3.III). If you scroll through the LFS GT sign up page you will find enough referrals between LFS GT and MoE as one of the (possible) conditions to join MoE.

Again we do value every input, as long as it is constructive!
You couple of women, both of you are perfectly capable of producing some uber lawyer post but it seems your time would be better spent actually in LFS, because you both suck there and can anybody really be bothered reading your posts?

Just PM each other damnit or people will think the tension between you all is sexual.
Fair enough, and thank you for replying in a pleasant manner, the earlier post felt like you were just gunning for an arguement.

1) Im more refering to the fact that as with quite a few punishments handed out this season, some get punished for doing exactly the same thing others dont get punished for. If the racing rules are flexable depending on someones mood during the events, now its flexable based on what someone says. I admit i misunderstood their misleading comments, everything seemed to imply they were taking part in this race and as i've said you have to take the information in MoE with a pinch of salt, it cant be said to be trustworthy (not while 'Fushion' have been entered and Fusion have been kicked out :razz. However, based on what your now saying, your telling me my team would receive one of those 3 penalties in future?!?

3III) How can it be a false assumption? A false assumption is assuming TDRT were allowed in the series, right? Identifying someone that shouldnt have been allowed in, but made it in, isnt a false assumption, not when they were kicked out 1/3 into the race. Unless your saying the checks spotted they werent suitable and were allowed in, then my assumption that they were not identified as being an unsuitable team is 100% spot on. I knew before they raced they were pretty much incompetent, whoever let them in apparently didnt, and their checks didnt find this to be the case either. Therefor i think its only fair to say the checks didnt do their job, 3 unsuitable drivers were on the track during a race, the system at the time allowed those people in, they didnt sneak in through the back door, they were given permission.
4III) As ive said, whatever is used to judge a teams suitability allowed them onto the race track, it ignored that their fastest driver was 5sec slower in qualifying which was an early warning sign, and took 4 incidents (1 clear one which went unpunished) over 115min, thats 30min between each incident, before they were told to withdraw their car.
The invite system is there to allow suitable teams into the series, an unsuitable one made it through, and that to me at least says either the checks werent carried out properly or the checks arent stringent enough to find unsuitable candidates, if it was neither they wouldnt have been there.

4II) Not criticised full stop, but the aspect of you being critical of the fact that i havent checked my facts when i had, but on past experience you just cant trust whats supposed to be accurate, typically it seems ive found one of the few things that might be accurate and decided not to put any trust into its accuracy.

Is insulting your teammates punishable? Just so i know first, it would be worth it though Infact, can i also specify it goes on their car too, not my sexeh orange XRR
Quote from Bawbag :You couple of women, both of you are perfectly capable of producing some uber lawyer post but it seems your time would be better spent actually in LFS, because you both suck there and can anybody really be bothered reading your posts?

Just PM each other damnit or people will think the tension between you all is sexual.

:iagree:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG