The online racing simulator
South City Extensions!!!!
(27 posts, started )
#1 - Ilpav
I have a great idea. You know when you're driving on the longest South City layout and you get on that mini-highway and there are barriers that are blocking the continuing highway.

My suggestion is making a totally open layout for South City which gets rid of those barriers so you can go travel on those highways (maybe 10 km's or so each way ). And that would be meant for just personal cruising, and won't work for races. They should make another layout that makes the highway stretch longer than the little segment it is now for proper racing.

And if you go drive on it now, you can see that beyond the barriers (the continuing highways) the roads are already modeled so it's just a matter of making them solid (because if you get in a crash and go flying on over the barriers, your car would just fall through.)

HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE?!?!!??!?!?!??
I don't know....it seems like a lot of work for just personal cruising when this game is a racing sim...

Cruise servers would love it, and you might be able to think of some cool autocross layouts tho...

Doubt it will happen
Wangan racing at the highway, me would like. It`d give 89th reason to buy S2 license
If you want to cruise go to a cruise server.
This would be annoying when drivers who are just cruising come onto a race server and disrupt the race. If there was a highway extension then how would you be able to come back onto the track? And once you do come back on it'll most likely disturb the race.
Nice idea, but it's not likely to happen.
Why make it a cruise section if it can be used for some good old racing?

More racing less cruising FFS. It's a beautiful SIM with phenomenal physics.....yet none of it matters when you cruise.
Quote from Qvarnis :Wangan racing at the highway, me would like. It`d give 89th reason to buy S2 license

Lol? Wangan racing at the highway? Isn't Wangan racing done on the Wangan highway? Not in a british city? Also, you've got a drag strip. Whats the difference?
Quote from LFSn00b :But he's a demo racer :P

Cruising is not racing. This is a racing simulator.

Also, i would give a +1 if it would be used for only speed testing.

What is the use of a speedtesting area if you can't get to that speed on the racetracks? It seems useless to me.
Quote from mcintyrej :Lol? Wangan racing at the highway? Isn't Wangan racing done on the Wangan highway? Not in a british city? Also, you've got a drag strip. Whats the difference?

It would end the it's a racesim, not a cruisingsimulator discussion because je need cruising trafic on the highway
If its just a big highway then it is just top speed, if it were almost like a circuit, such as Champ Elysees on the last stage of The Tour De France. I would proberly do it since on the last stage, Its straight then a sharp hair pin then back down it then a long detour back around the Art centre then back to the home straight.
If it were like that yes, but 10km both ways of nothing but straight driving would get boring thats a known fact.
Depending on which way it goes +1
#9 - aoun
argh im not a person to complain or have a go at people... but all of this cruising bullshit.. go get nfs or something.. or go on the cruise servers, i even admit they are fun if you dont feel like racing because you have to buy etc.. having a track combination in single player would be boring for cruise..

just get this in your head people, its a race simulator, not a cruise la la land game!
I actually like the idea. Had been fun if the DEV`s could manage to have a big highway around South City. Maybe not good for racing, but for high speed and eye candy
Quote from Ilpav :
My suggestion is making a totally open layout for South City

Not possible with the graphics engine.
Quote from duke_toaster :Not possible with the graphics engine.

?

Why is it not?
It`s just like adding some new fancy graphics, it`s just a bigger track that going in a circle around the South City.
#13 - Jakg
The engine renders the track ahead and behind you, as you travel along a set line - if you open up all the track then it can't pick a line and has to load a LOT more textures etc, apparently crippling performance.
#14 - BURN
Quote from aoun :argh im not a person to complain or have a go at people... but all of this cruising bullshit.. go get nfs or something.. or go on the cruise servers, i even admit they are fun if you dont feel like racing because you have to buy etc.. having a track combination in single player would be boring for cruise..

just get this in your head people, its a race simulator, not a cruise la la land game!

totally agree...

get nfs pro street or google for "autobahnraser"
there is absolutly no need for open highways in a racing sim
Quote from Jakg :The engine renders the track ahead and behind you, as you travel along a set line - if you open up all the track then it can't pick a line and has to load a LOT more textures etc, apparently crippling performance.

Could it be possible if it was just "hollow" textures around the highway circle?

I mean, you have this highway that is going around in a circle around south city, you can see the rest of the city, but you canot touch it, then you get reset, or just falls throught the ground?

Maybe So2 track would be connected with the highway, and that`s the only one, if you drive on a other part of the So tracks you get puted into spec mode or something. Would it still be that demanding?
I think this would be more suitable for single player play and if you want a proper race, then don't select this layout. Maybe some people wanna just mess around and have fun and have huge highway drag-races.

You know how there are sign posts that say that *whatever city* is 4 or 6 km's or miles away, I wanna go to those cities and have another race around them . So people can finish a lap on South City and then get on the highway and go full speed to the next city/town and race around it.

I would much rather have this than an extended drag strip.
While I agree that a huge section of highway would be boring as hell, one must not overlook the possibility of the highway section only carying on till the next major exit, or using a set of high speed curves on the highway.

some of the curves on the freeway on my morning trip home (with next to nobody on the road) can be quite interesting at 110 mph
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :While I agree that a huge section of highway would be boring as hell, one must not overlook the possibility of the highway section only carying on till the next major exit, or using a set of high speed curves on the highway.

some of the curves on the freeway on my morning trip home (with next to nobody on the road) can be quite interesting at 110 mph

Obviously a straight highway would be boring. Yes. it should have some of those looong curves.
How about ALL tracks get extended or opened up for the cruise servers. For example, Fern Bay Open, South City Open and so on. It would be really awesome.
Quote from hansonator69 :How about ALL tracks get extended or opened up for the cruise servers. For example, Fern Bay Open, South City Open and so on. It would be really awesome.

If I understanded right, due to limitation and such, the way LFS is build up, it would not work. Read what Jakg wrote some lines above
I doubt any track in lfs could actually be considered finalized until S3 final.....

things could happen ... as long as they are practical
Quote from CodieMorgan :I doubt any track in lfs could actually be considered finalized until S3 final.....

things could happen ... as long as they are practical

Well, I think the current tracks will be the same to S3 is finished. Of course they can add some scenery or something, but the routes probally will be the same.
Quote from The Very End :Well, I think the current tracks will be the same to S3 is finished. Of course they can add some scenery or something, but the routes probally will be the same.

Some will probably be changed, at least, some of their corners (Kyoto GP for example, or why not the Fe green chicane ). FE and SO will be updated, and remember when Blackwood has been updated, the tracks have been changed a lot! (BL2 was better before )
Quote from Flotch :Some will probably be changed, at least, some of their corners (Kyoto GP for example, or why not the Fe green chicane ). FE and SO will be updated, and remember when Blackwood has been updated, the tracks have been changed a lot! (BL2 was better before )

I can`t remember that any of the corners on Blackwood has been changed. They have changed the scenery, and changed the curbes some, but they have not changed the route since... well it`s allways been like it has been.
Agree with you, old blackwood chicane with the trees rocked, the new one sucks
of course : left corners still turn on the left and vice-versa , but if you remember the first corner of the last split, it has a lot changed!
And yes, the tree is missing on BL1, but I was talking about BL2 (rallycross ).

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG