The online racing simulator
Forum Suggestion - PC Specs
(13 posts, started )
Hi,

Just wondering about a PC-specs option? I've seen this on the Fusion site - it works well. A little tab is added under the postcount..etc with a drop down menu that display's your PC specs if you wish to input them. Its a good idea and we could even add a little "how well does LFS play?" tab so people will be able to choose a better PC with more ease?

900 posts
nice suggestion

+1
Or you could use the space in your signature like other willy wavers.
Someone just upgraded......?
Quote from Crashgate3 :Someone just upgraded......?

Haha, nope. Far from it - I got a highscore in Memtest. 956 Errors over 100%.
I vote pointless. LFS first came out 4 or 5 yrs ago when we all had P2's if we were lucky. Now most peoples machines far exceed the min reqs of ther lame, and if they don't then how does someone else's little badge under their sig help us?
Why not just go browse the hardware subforum and ask?
Could work, may not. As for putting it in sigs, only licensed accounts get sigs (damn I feel I'm always complaining about that) But TBH I don't think a whole lot of people would use it. On the overclock forum it makes sense because it is a computer forum, this is a racing sim forum, so -1 from me.
~Bryan~
#8 - dev
#9 - Gunn

Most people don't care if you are running a PC with an six gig octicore processor, fifty kahoozagigs of RAM, a 99 speed triple layer DVD burner, a cluster of five nuclear-powered video cards, USB9, automatic climate control, an invisible floppy drive and an optional cappacino maker.

Keep your e-penis in your e-pants.
Meh. Spec lists are pointless. All they do is prove (a) that you like to show off how much you spend on your toys or (b) that you're spoiled rotten because someone else is spending a mountain of cash on your toys

It's doubleplus pointless for this forum too, as you either have a PC that runs LFS or you don't - and if you don't, why are you even here?
I have a PC that hardly runs LFS (to the point where it actually puts me off it sometimes) But I still come to the forum because I learn alot about RL racing techniques, and strategies. Because of the maturity, and knowledge of the LFS Forum members, you can learn a lot of your willing to read. Anything from racing manors, to rules, tips, and stories.
~Bryan~

(sorry, key got stuck... Or did it)

Pointless imo
I recently saw someone brag in a post about his "ROCK SOLID" 100 fps with an Athalon Dualcore 6000 or something, 2 gig of ram, and screaming graphics card. I had to laugh since I get the same with my 2 year old off the shelf Compaq system Athalon 3500+ and self upgraded old X1650, hehehe.

"Look at me! Look at me! I'm so 1337!"

"LOL, I saved $2000 over being so leet running LFS "

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG