The online racing simulator
Penalties?
(10 posts, started )
Penalties?
Will someone please explain to me, what are penalties? I am pretty new to LFS and have played only in single-player mode. I have, a few times, been notified of a penalty (I think, mostly for driving too fast in the pit lane): "stop and go," or "drive through." What do these mean? Where am I supposed to stop, and for how long? Through what am I supposed to drive, and when? Basically, how do I clear the text from my screen, that states a penalty?

I have not been able to find such info in the wiki manual, nor elsewhere in the forum (although I can perhaps admit to not having been exhaustively diligent in searching).

Thanks for any info or advice.
#2 - J@tko
U get a DT if you exceed the PL speed limit by a couple of mph/have a small false start. You get a S/G if you exceed the PL speed limit by alot/have a big false start.

To serve you DT, just drive through the PL at the Speed limit (80kmh - thats about 48mph)

Ive never had to serve a S/G, but i presume you do the above, but stop in a pit box

Hope that helps

p.s PL is pit lane, S/G is Stop Go and DT is Drive through
#3 - bbman
A "Drive-Through"-penalty is served when you drive through the pit lane...

For a "Stop and Go"-penalty, you have to drive into the pits, stop at a pit box and wait there stationary for 10 seconds before you can go again...

You have to oblige the pit speed limit of 80 km/h or 48 mph at all times, from pit entrance (marked by a white line) to pit exit (marked by another line)!
#4 - J@tko
10 seconds??!! - im glad ive never had a Stop - Go!!
I'll simplify it all....

"Stop and Go" = Stop.... and go!

"Drive through" = ..... drive through!

All done in the pitlane.

Hope that helps.
What's this 10 second business? I don't think I've ever had to stop for 10 seconds for a stop and go. Unless I knocked over a can of coke
A stop and go is literally, stop, then go. There are 10 second penalties where you have to stop for 10 seconds before you are allowed to continue. When you stop for 10 seconds, you actually have to hold for the time, LFS does not hold you like it does with a pitstop.

I can't recall what causes a stop, wait, go penalty. Perhaps if you speed, get caught, and don't slow down just blasting out of the pits?
#8 - bbman
There is no such thing as a "coming to a halt and blast away immediately after"-penalty... Although yes, you have to be standing still on your own, LfS doesn't hold you like in a pitstop and the penalty is served when you exit the pits... If you speed in the pits or move too soon, you have to do it all over again...
Quote from bbman :penalty is served when you exit the pits...

ha pfff wrong. S&G penalty is cleared as soon as you stood there for 10seconds, at the moment you accelerate again ... it´s just in the nature of a drivethrough, that it´s cleared at the exit of the pit lane.
Attached images
sg.jpg
Thanks, guys; it all works as you have described: drive through pit, under the speed limit, to clear DT penalty at exit; and pull into a pit box and stop, countdown starts and S&G penalty is cleared in 10sec.

I appreciate your help in solving what had been a mystery to me, for a while.

Penalties?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG