The online racing simulator
LFS World Championship
(18 posts, started )
LFS World Championship
Isn't it about time we got a grand LFS world championship sorted?

Entry fee to cover admin charges and make a nice tasty prize
Multiple rounds with different cars and track combinations
Initial knock-out rounds to whittle down the field
Grand final at Blackwood racing live LAN 50 laps

How many people would be interested in taking part?
I'd certainly be interested in helping out behind the scenes, but not so much on the racing side (read: taking part in the races), as I do unequivicably suck
would be interested on behind the scenes work on something like that too. Would be no good on the racing though. a bit too serious for me on the track
Sounds fun.
If we get more people and some more info about times and such, maybe I`ll give it a try for racing.
Every championship needs a n00b, backmarker, whatever, that sounds like a good job for me!
/me hints at his signature
Quote from al heeley :Grand final at Blackwood racing live LAN 50 laps

I'd be interested, but the LAN would be hard to reach for me...
...and me.
I would definatly race in this or try to ^^
Quote from Vykos69 :err, no?

Track GUI across the top suggests that they're clickable, but they do nothing.
Imprint throws SQL errors.
News has "navi" on the left, suggesting unfinished template
Liga shows the same as "start". If these are the same, then what's the objective in having 2 menu items. The inference is that's not ready, but that can confuse users.
Parts of the website make the assumption that javascript is enabled, breaking parts of the start page for instance.

I don't mean to rain your parade Vykos, and I want to point out that I admire you greatly (for many, many reasons), so I hope you take this as intended (which is constructive criticism), but after a good minute or so I wasn't entirely 100% confident of what esport-racing is, exactly.

For these reasons I consider the site "broken"
Quote from al heeley :Isn't it about time we got a grand LFS world championship sorted?

Hmm, again?

It would need a strong and serious "governing body" like the FIA. Something that makes it just that little bit more serious then all the other leagues.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Track GUI across the top suggests that they're clickable, but they do nothing.
Imprint throws SQL errors.
News has "navi" on the left, suggesting unfinished template
Liga shows the same as "start". If these are the same, then what's the objective in having 2 menu items. The inference is that's not ready, but that can confuse users.
Parts of the website make the assumption that javascript is enabled, breaking parts of the start page for instance.

I don't mean to rain your parade Vykos, and I want to point out that I admire you greatly (for many, many reasons), so I hope you take this as intended (which is constructive criticism), but after a good minute or so I wasn't entirely 100% confident of what esport-racing is, exactly.

For these reasons I consider the site "broken"

thx for critics, some of it should be cleared, if you read some of the news Sure, it's still WiP, but arent we used to that in LFS?
Quote from Vykos69 :thx for critics, some of it should be cleared, if you read some of the news Sure, it's still WiP, but arent we used to that in LFS?

Touché
Quote from al heeley :Isn't it about time we got a grand LFS world championship sorted?

Entry fee to cover admin charges and make a nice tasty prize
Multiple rounds with different cars and track combinations
Initial knock-out rounds to whittle down the field
Grand final at Blackwood racing live LAN 50 laps

How many people would be interested in taking part?

If the concept of an entry fee and a LAN final (we don't want to see the best driver not being able to fly out to the grand final or something) is cut out, it sounds great. Will it be teams, nations or individual?

If you want a commentator or something, I'll try and help.

LFS World Championship
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG