The online racing simulator

Poll : would you like to buy this device?

Definitely yes!
No, acceleration simulation is not needed in sims.
No, I want a motion simulator, but big, made by a big company with costly material.
#51 - Juls
Quote from Bandit77 :
edit: now I have my own idea...
you wear a metal-suit while playing.
in front, in the back, left and right of you are electric magnets.
if you accelerate, the one behind you starts to work. you brake, the one in front is activated... and so on.
ahhh... brilliant I am!!! :-)))

Do not laugh....this precise idea was patented in 1979.
http://www.google.com/patents? ... dq=acceleration+cues+coil

Assignee: The United States of America as represented by the Secretary of the Navy

Interesting discovery....a guy dared to patent basic motion simulator using a rotating base and cylinder actuators...in 2000:
http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT6039653
If someone could manufacture a cheaper version of the frex simcon motion then do it, do it NOW! You are guaranteed to make a a packet
(i want one)
the device would have to do more than just acceleration cues, without lateral/sideways forces you cannot feel what the car is doing.
the helmet would definatley kill you
Quote from anttt69 :
the device would have to do more than just acceleration cues, without lateral/sideways forces you cannot feel what the car is doing.

And not only acceleration, brake and sideways. I think that is important to feel Up&Down when you spend a rut, or do a jump

In short, the 3 dimensions possible, X, Y and Z
#55 - Juls
Quote from Napalm Candy :
In short, the 3 dimensions possible, X, Y and Z

Yes of course. When I write about acceleration cues, I mean you can feel acceleration in all possible directions.
but you won't have to drill holes in skullcap, will you?

i'm very curious about how you're gonna do this...
#57 - Juls
Quote from Bandit77 :
i'm very curious about how you're gonna do this...

Sometimes I am too. Every time I order a part, it takes between two and 4 weeks to get it.

I don't think about anything revolutionary.
If you compare a frex-like simulator with a full simulator (moving then entire rig), what have they done?

They tried to simplify, while keeping the essential movements that make you feel the acceleration cues.
It brings several advantages...smaller actuators are needed, lag is reduced, size and price too, and it still feels very good.

I hope it is possible to further simplify. No simplification come without losses of course. But it is like mp3 or frex. If you can not feel the losses too much, you have won.
#58 - Juls
What they do is really nice. And they are able to attract many sponsors, and drivers. I suppose the simulator with attached helmet is too dangerous to be used by a person alone.

Their idea to make a virtual racing championship is really good. If there was a possibility to add custom tracks to LFS, I suppose they would use it instead of rFactor.

Edit: OMG I suppose I said something wrong

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG