The online racing simulator
lfs and two soundcards...
(10 posts, started )
Is it possible to configure lfs not to use the windows-default audio-device??

I've got 2 soundcards in my pc and i have to use the 1st soundcard for other applications.
You can use two sound cards? I don't see the point of why you can't play everything out of one sound card.
#3 - P1lot
Open properties in master volume (double click speaker icon in system tray)
Choose the other sound card while playback radio button is highlighted. The next application you launch should use this.
Revert back to the other sound card if needed to open more applications, etc.
Quote from Dennisjr13 :You can use two sound cards? I don't see the point of why you can't play everything out of one sound card.

for the sake of the conversation, you can use a secondary soundcard for final fantasy VIII's sound output the midi-music wich uses the wave-out cannot be configured "mute" thus rendering the whole sound output of the computer mute if you don't want to listen to the music of FF VIII.
so you can use the "other" soundcard to output anything else but the FF VIII sounds...

regards
#5 - Jakg
Quote from Dennisjr13 :You can use two sound cards? I don't see the point of why you can't play everything out of one sound card.

One for teamspeak (ie my headset), one for everything else (speakers)
I've got a workplace with 22" Wide Monitor, Desktop-Speakers and a Headset. Both use the Output of the 1st card for playing games etc.
Next to it is my tv (using DualView) and my Home-Cinema Dolby Digital set which uses Soundcard 2.

So till i started using Power-DVD (i have no other 1080p-device yet than my PC) my wife could watch a DVD while i was playing LfS. In Power-DVD it is not possible (like in all other players (except WinDVD!!) to select the audio-device. So it can happen that a Skype ring frightens the hell out of me while watching a Horror-Movie!

Of cource I could still use Media Player Classig to watch DVDs, but Power-DVD makes the better picture on my tv.

But back to Topic.

So, i could change the Audio-Device before starting Power-DVD and then change it back to play LfS.
Well thats not very comfortable, but it could work.
Does anyone know what happens in Windows when I change the default-Audio-Device? Is it just a Registry Setting? If I know what happens I could write a little program for that.
#8 - dadge
Quote from Jakg :One for teamspeak (ie my headset), one for everything else (speakers)

bluetooth dongle and bluetooth hands free kit give the same results
I sometimes use 3 sound cards for DJing with, each one output to a separate channel in my mixer. So there are reasons for having more than one

Thanks for the link mate although I seem to have missed this problem so far
i have one soundcard with i put through a channel in my mixer which means i can mix my mp3s with my 1210's

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG